Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Any recommendations on here for local kitchen companies?
    Looking for a new kitchen at a reasonable price and from a reliable company....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I see Dunnes is looking to buy Whelan Food and Meat Processors . link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

F34 wrote: »
    I see Dunnes is looking to buy Whelan Food and Meat Processors . link

If Pat Whelan and Company are to sell I hope they relocate to the Showgrounds Centre. It would be a terrible pity for staff and customers if they were not allowed, as part of the deal to trade elsewhere.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Would they be running on the road or on the course? I thought it was offroad running?

You aren't allowed to run on the course (grass) apart from about 2 feet in from the tarmac path/road all around the course - so says Powerstown Racecourse. Off road means off the main road where there's traffic, it doesn't necessarily mean only on grass/trails.

I can't do anymore until I contact Eugene and I can't contact him until after the coursing. TRBDI lands aren't big enough. They do numerous loops for the cross country course.

Any other ideas gladly received.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Clerihan community Park might be an option, it has ample parking but you would need to incorporate the path back into village in order to get the distance I'd imagine. Can't remember how long the boundary path is but I could look into it for you as we did the design work

Seems a shame if the town itself doesn't have a space for this

I would be in a position to speak to clonmel og also, using the boundary of their field and the bypass but I suspect that isn't the preferred type of route

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Sour Memoirs

maximo31 wrote: »
    Any recommendations on here for local kitchen companies?
    Looking for a new kitchen at a reasonable price and from a reliable company....

Try Emmet Hewitt. You can Google his number. He's really excellent and prices are more than reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Clerihan community Park might be an option, it has ample parking but you would need to incorporate the path back into village in order to get the distance I'd imagine. Can't remember how long the boundary path is but I could look into it for you as we did the design work

Seems a shame if the town itself doesn't have a space for this

I would be in a position to speak to clonmel og also, using the boundary of their field and the bypass but I suspect that isn't the preferred type of route

I did think of Clerihan but Parkrunn don't want numerous loops - 2 ish ok but no more and the 1km path around the pitch would mean 5 laps.

If you could speak to Clonmel og that would be great. They have a good few fields, not sure how far 1 loop would be. My concern would be that the kids would be using it on a Saturday morning, training etc, and it wouldn't be available to parkrun. Its a shame we couldn't have it on a Sunday, might be easier to find a venue.

Just had a thought about ferryhouse, they have a few fields too, not sure on distance though. What about GAA pitches? I'm not giving up yet.

I'm heading to parkrun on Saturday in Tramore for a run along the beach - that will give me an idea of what's involved and if Clonmel can find a venue to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Hi, is there a squash court/racketball court anywhere in Clonmel town

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Pat O Callaghan sports Complex Cashel road (Clonmel Town soccer club grounds) has a squash court,or used to have anyway.Only one I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

doesnt hillview have a badminton/ squash court ? also yeah clonmel town FC have one also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

pudzey101 wrote: »
    doesnt hillview have a badminton/ squash court ? also yeah clonmel town FC have one also

Hillview have badminton, not squash. The courts in town are in the army barracks, the rowing club and over friends bar ( one below Garda station, not sure of its current name)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

The courts in the rowing club and what was Friends bar are no longer there. I don't think that there is access to the one in the Army Barracks either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

copy1 wrote: »
    Hi, is there a squash court/racketball court anywhere in Clonmel town

Not in the town but there are active courts in ballypatrick sports centre only about 7-8 miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Vizzy wrote: »
    The courts in the rowing club and what was Friends bar are no longer there. I don't think that there is access to the one in the Army Barracks either.
    The courts in the rowing club are definitely still there, one was being used as a weights room when I was up there last year (early autumn) but the other one was still in a usable state, not sure if anyone actually uses it to play squash though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

solerina wrote: »
    The courts in the rowing club are definitely still there, one was being used as a weights room when I was up there last year (early autumn) but the other one was still in a usable state, not sure if anyone actually uses it to play squash though.

Sorry, I might have mislead you with last post.

The courts are still there alright. As you say, one is used as a weights room and the other is used for circuit training. Unfortunately the floor in both courts is no longer up to squash standard as the roof has leaked in to both courts and has warped the floor.

Are the ones in the gaa grounds on western Road still usable?

Clonmel Og's two pitches wouldn't be long enough (only be bout 400m each) and no chance of Saturday mornings as its the busiest day up there for the juvenile teams I'm afraid.
    Apologies I thought it was Sunday mornings.
    I did think of Clerihan but Parkrunn don't want numerous loops - 2 ish ok but no more and the 1km path around the pitch would mean 5 laps.

If you could speak to Clonmel og that would be great. They have a good few fields, not sure how far 1 loop would be. My concern would be that the kids would be using it on a Saturday morning, training etc, and it wouldn't be available to parkrun. Its a shame we couldn't have it on a Sunday, might be easier to find a venue.

Just had a thought about ferryhouse, they have a few fields too, not sure on distance though. What about GAA pitches? I'm not giving up yet.

I'm heading to parkrun on Saturday in Tramore for a run along the beach - that will give me an idea of what's involved and if Clonmel can find a venue to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

cunavalos wrote: »
    Not in the town but there are active courts in ballypatrick sports centre only about 7-8 miles away
    Are the squash courts in Pat O Callaghan sports center gone then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

I was sad to hear today,that the Book Centre in O' Connell is closing down:(

I wonder has it got anything to do with the redevelopment of the old Clonmel Arms Hotel! In times past it was quite a lucky "lotto" shop.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

That is bad news. And the Chinese girl that sells scarves in that little shop by McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Xenophile wrote: »
    I wonder has it got anything to do with the redevelopment of the old Clonmel Arms Hotel! In times past it was quite a lucky "lotto" shop.

Nope she's retiring and there is no one to take over the business unfortunately.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Yvonne every happiness and good health in her retirement. It was always a pleasure to go into her shop where she had a warm and friendly word and greeting for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Agreed with the above post, anyone know when it closing up?

Xenophile wrote: »
    I would like to take this opportunity to wish Yvonne every happiness and good health in her retirement. It was always a pleasure to go into her shop where she had a warm and friendly word and greeting for everybody.

I would have thought she was too young to retire and its closing has more to do with a fall off in trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

I would have thought she was too young to retire and its closing has more to do with a fall off in trade.

Just been in there - closing this Sunday - she has been in the trade 40 years and no money about the town.

Should be a few around this weekend for the coursing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

As of today Xtra-Vision Clonmel is also no more. Market Place is well and truely dead, especially with SuperValu closed.

Loughc wrote: »
    As of today Xtra-Vision Clonmel is also no more. Market Place is well and truely dead, especially with SuperValu closed.

Technology marches on and Netflix takes over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Xtra vision closing countrywide.

Re book centre sad to see it close as its a vacant unit at that end of street. However being honest I couldn't tell you the last time I was in there. Definitely not a place id think of to buy a book and for anything else credit sweets newspapers etc I like many probably buy same in garages these days. The day of the small shop like Yvonne unfortunately is over.

• Advertisement

Xtra vision closing countrywide.

Re book centre sad to see it close as its a vacant unit at that end of street. However being honest I couldn't tell you the last time I was in there. Definitely not a place id think of to buy a book and for anything else credit sweets newspapers etc I like many probably buy same in garages these days. The day of the small shop like Yvonne unfortunately is over.

At least readers have a choice with two Eason's branches in town. Also a fairly decent bookshop in Market Place which does second hand books as well.

I tend to agree filling stations and supermarkets have taken over the newspaper market.

Advertisement