Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Jobs should be for everyone
    Provided they met the requirements in terms of qualifications.

Once you have shortlisted everyone who meets the basic requirements what then?

Say you have 5 people then call all for an interview.

What happens if you have 500?
    500 interviews at 30 min each by possibly 3 people on the panel.

Huge use of resources, so not going to happen.

Next you remove as many as possible using various criteria.

This will depend on the company.

People who have connections will always do better in an interview situation.
    Simply because most will have been prepared and typically would have a greater understanding of the company in question so will always score better than the "unconnected" candidate.

I am not a great believer in the use of interview alone as some people do a good interview but suck when it comes down to actually getting on with people.

The amount of people who turn up for an interview without having done some basic research on their future employer is shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

Once you have shortlisted everyone who meets the basic requirements what then?

Say you have 5 people then call all for an interview.

What happens if you have 500?
    500 interviews at 30 min each by possibly 3 people on the panel.

Huge use of resources, so not going to happen.

Next you remove as many as possible using various criteria.

This will depend on the company.

People who have connections will always do better in an interview situation.
    Simply because most will have been prepared and typically would have a greater understanding of the company in question so will always score better than the "unconnected" candidate.

I am not a great believer in the use of interview alone as some people do a good interview but suck when it comes down to actually getting on with people.

The amount of people who turn up for an interview without having done some basic research on their future employer is shocking.
    yes and i know of people who did and would not get the job. that was not msd but was in the clonmel area. pure nepotism. a lot of the people who suck when it comes down to actually getting on with peopleget job because of contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Was down in the showgrounds shopping centre today. Few weeks since I've been there. Can't believe how many shops have closed or are in the process of closing. What is going on down there? If something isn't done quick, it will end up like market place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Maymack wrote: »
    Was down in the showgrounds shopping centre today. Few weeks since I've been there. Can't believe how many shops have closed or are in the process of closing. What is going on down there? If something isn't done quick, it will end up like market place.

Rent is too high after low introductory offers have run their course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Maymack wrote: »

Can you provide some more detail, for instance name the shops that have closed since Christmas or shops that are in the process of doing so ?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Xenophile wrote: »
    Can you provide some more detail, for instance name the shops that have closed since Christmas or shops that are in the process of doing so ?

Little piggy's have closed and also a clothes shop that sold Jack Jones, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Evolution, little piggy's are closed & pulse accessories have closing down sign on their window. It has huge potential to be first choice shopping destination in the south east & for some reason management don't seem to be taken advantage of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

where in clonmel is there to use a computer to access my emails and print off a few things ? Library comes to mind but do you need membership for there ?

pudzey101 wrote: »
    where in clonmel is there to use a computer to access my emails and print off a few things ? Library comes to mind but do you need membership for there ?

I don't think so. You just pay for the use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

pudzey101 wrote: »

Circles beside Mulcahys could sort you out AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Any update on the Parkrun idea? I take part in Kilkenny and would love to see one starting up in Clonmel. Id be happy to help out to time permitting with work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

sillymoo wrote: »
    Any update on the Parkrun idea? I take part in Kilkenny and would love to see one starting up in Clonmel. Id be happy to help out to time permitting with work etc.

Hi Sillymoo, no update yet. I've been away with work, just back so hopefully I'll chase it up this week with Powerstown Park. Its the only place I can think of but any other ideas gratefully received.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Hi Sillymoo, no update yet. I've been away with work, just back so hopefully I'll chase it up this week with Powerstown Park. Its the only place I can think of but any other ideas gratefully received.

There is a contact them form on their website that gets a fairly quick response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Sorry It wasnt me123 I am very little help to you regarding venue - I am not long in the area and still finding new places everyday! Nowhere springs to mind but Il keep my eyes open. PM me if you need a hand with anything Il be happy to help if time allows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hi,

I am looking to get Irish Souvenirs (like fridge magnet) in Clonmel but couldn't find in any shop. I checked eason, boots, etc.
    Any idea where I could get those?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hi,

I am looking to get Irish Souvenirs (like fridge magnet) in Clonmel but couldn't find in any shop. I checked eason, boots, etc.

Try carri's, just down from Lifestyle Sports and Premier Music. You could try Allens as well, up near River Island, they have lots of quirky stuff, you might find one there.

Carries would be your best bet. Don't be fooled by the exterior. It's like a Tardis inside and they have some lovely stuff.

Might be worth a try......

https://www.facebook.com/TivoliCards

Gladstone Street

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I think some of the pound shops have bits and pieces too. Knick Knack shop maybe near the tills ?

Remember when there was a little range of tourist mugs and things with a Cromwell defeated sort of sign, like a red circle crossed over with an image of Cromwell. That was a great marketing idea, pity I haven't seen anything like that in ages !

Eason's in Showgrounds definitely had Clonmel calendars at one stage recently (after Christmas). Can't remember if they had other stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭cml387

Hi,

It's coming up on St Patrick's Day so you should be in luck.
    Some good suggestions, I'd also try in some of the art shops, like The Narrow Space in Mitchell St for some more unusual Irish art.

cml387 wrote: »
    It's coming up on St Patrick's Day so you should be in luck.
    Some good suggestions, I'd also try in some of the art shops, like The Narrow Space in Mitchell St for some more unusual Irish art.

Or some of the stalls that are in the Showgrounds on a Friday.

Does anyone know if the walk beside the river near the Bridgewater apartments is closed all the way to Mulcahy Park. I tried to get through from the free carpark but the gates are locked.

On an aside, I was in STGH last Tuesday for an appointment in the Day Ward (very efficient and lovely nurses) but I noticed two trolleys in the area around the lifts - I felt so sorry for these two men. Every man and his dog was walking past them and looking (its hard not to if you're not expecting it) and they had zero privacy. Dreadful indictment of our government - I hope the next Minister for Health makes the HSE accountable for the deplorable conditions in our hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭cml387

Does anyone know if the walk beside the river near the Bridgewater apartments is closed all the way to Mulcahy Park. I tried to get through from the free carpark but the gates are locked.

Closed because the floodgates are still up.

Surely time to come down now, or is another deluge forecast?

Is it closed all the way back to Mulcahy Park? Or could I go to mulcahy park and run down towards the Gas House Bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Anyone know is there a walk in counter in tax offices for paying motor tax in Clonmel? Thanks.

Triboro wrote: »
    Anyone know is there a walk in counter in tax offices for paying motor tax in Clonmel? Thanks.

Yes there is, near the Garda Barracks. First check on their opening times.

http://www.localmint.com/ie/motor-tax-office-clonmel-57208

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Xenophile wrote: »
    Yes there is, near the Garda Barracks. First check on their opening times.

http://www.localmint.com/ie/motor-tax-office-clonmel-57208

Grand job,thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

I heard there is someone missing in Clonmel and may be in river and that there was a coastguard helicopter flying over.

And that there was also a helicopter over clonmel last night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I heard there is someone missing in Clonmel and may be in river and that there was a coastguard helicopter flying over.

And that there was also a helicopter over clonmel last night.

Yea it's currently being shared on Facebook.

"Daniel Gerrard, 23, missing from Bridgewater, Co.Tipperary.

Last seen yesterday in the Bridgewater House area of Clonmel at approx 5.50am."

More details can be found on tipperarytimes.com

Advertisement