Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

I heard there is someone missing in Clonmel and may be in river and that there was a coastguard helicopter flying over.

And that there was also a helicopter over clonmel last night.

A 23 Year man...Carrick river rescue are searching as well..sad to see the helicopter flying over the river,so soon after the last time..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭cml387

Is it closed all the way back to Mulcahy Park? Or could I go to mulcahy park and run down towards the Gas House Bridge?

Sorry should have got back.
    The gate closes at the back of Dunnes stores, however the path has no barrier in the opposite direction towards Ferryhouse. However a warnin,if the river is in flood at all the section between the Mulcahy park and Ferryhouse bridge floods first.
    I haven't been down that way in a few weeks, it's usually on my cycle route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

cml387 wrote: »
    Sorry should have got back.
    The gate closes at the back of Dunnes stores, however the path has no barrier in the opposite direction towards Ferryhouse. However a warnin,if the river is in flood at all the section between the Mulcahy park and Ferryhouse bridge floods first.
    I haven't been down that way in a few weeks, it's usually on my cycle route.

funnily enough I just happened to walk over the Gas House Bridge today and I noticed they are tarmacking the footpath/cycle path. It was concrete I think, and a bit gravelly - it looks fab now for running and I'm assuming they are doing all the way up to Mulcahy Park. It will be a lovely path when its finished all the way down to Kilsheelan/Carrick.

I was in Loreto at 2pm and saw the helicopter going up and down the river very slowly, then heard about the missing young man. Sad time for his family and the rescue services - I hope they get a good outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

local man Des Dillon is on nationwide tonight at 7 worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

snipey wrote: »
    local man Des Dillon is on nationwide tonight at 7 worth a watch.

Just watched it there. Unbelievable stuff. He is some talent and a credit to the town.
    It will be on the RTE player for anyone who missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

i know its not clonmel related but cashel , chez hans have won yet another munster award for best restaurant , has anyone been here ? been meaning to go for quite some time now , heard nothing but good things about the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

pudzey101 wrote: »
    i know its not clonmel related but cashel , chez hans have won yet another munster award for best restaurant , has anyone been here ? been meaning to go for quite some time now , heard nothing but good things about the place :)
    Well worth it IMO. Was there last Tuesday, had a chestnut and mushroom soup, and medium rare venison for mains, yum, yum....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

I've been too. To be honest, unless you're into fine dining I think it's a bit of a waste though. Cafe Hans more my style!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Have been there loads of times, always a great meal. We often go for the early bird when saving pennies !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

solerina wrote: »
    Have been there loads of times, always a great meal. We often go for the early bird when saving pennies !!

Saving pennies - chez hans........ Good one :) to be honest I'd have to agree to agree with the other poster, it's ok for a treat but if there were a better selection of restaurants in the area then it's nothing special. I find the atmosphere there strange, kind of a forced silence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Terrible lack of restaurants in Clonmel. For a town its size.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭carpenter23

Hi all , I am a guitarist but have been learning tenor banjo for the last few months and am at the stage now where i need to play with other musicians to improve , just wondering if there are any interested musicians in the clonmel area who would like to play some tunes or any sessions that would let me sit in for a tune or two.

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Hi all , I am a guitarist but have been learning tenor banjo for the last few months and am at the stage now where i need to play with other musicians to improve , just wondering if there are any interested musicians in the clonmel area who would like to play some tunes or any sessions that would let me sit in for a tune or two.

Comhaltas Powerstown have a session in The Halfway on Sundays, not sure of the time. Give the pub a call and I'm sure they'll be able to give you details.

There is also a trad session in Bakers on a Monday night from about 10pm.
    Varied instruments and they always encourage a few "apprentice musicians"

"Railway Bar"...They have music sessions on Wednesday and Saturday Nights....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭carpenter23

Thanks for the replies guys,really appreciated, i'll get myself down to a few of these pubs and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Saw a chopper flying really low near Oakville Dunnes. Hope all is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Saw a chopper flying really low near Oakville Dunnes. Hope all is ok.

Coastguard searching the river

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Is that young lad from clerihan still missing?

Is that young lad from clerihan still missing?

Yes, unfortunately.
    Search is ongoing. Terrible time for the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

As Tesco Clonmel is probably the biggest seller of alcohol in Clonmel do you think they should have a bottle bank on their premises ? Last time I checked there was none.

Saw this today online in relation to Tesco

"Irish business, has asked those in managerial positions in the company to be nicer to their staff to try and boost morale.

Davies has asked that managers use basic courtesies with staff in store, such as saying please and thank you, or offering some form of recognition for a job well done

My experience is that Tesco, Clonmel has a very popular and well liked manager, his first name is Michael, he is often seen on the floor helping to restock shelves and he is very approachable if you have an issue !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Vizzy wrote: »
    Yes, unfortunately.
    Search is ongoing. Terrible time for the family.

Yes a terrible time indeed. There's a lot of activity on the river, garda diving unit vehicle, helicopter not to mention volunteers. Seems to be a huge effort and full credit to all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Anyone know of any dog kennels in and around the clonmel area?

Newpark outside Clerihan.

Are you intending to "board" the dog(s) while you are going on holidays.

If so, Heatherhurst are very good.(more a family run place rather than a "business")
    They are based near Careys castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Vizzy wrote: »
    Are you intending to "board" the dog(s) while you are going on holidays.

If so, Heatherhurst are very good.(more a family run place rather than a "business")
    They are based near Careys castle.

yeah ill be boarding.

Thats the one i usually go to but shes booked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭tiegan

Yes, Anna Wyse runs Knockbordan Kennels in Fethard. On Kilsheelan road just before Fethard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I have heard that the paws hotel, near killusty are supposed to be very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Anyone know if race course is open to walkers and which entrance can I use to get in if allowed?
    Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

Ccheidi wrote: »
    Anyone know if dog track is open to walkers and which entrance can I use to get in if allowed?
    Thanks in advance!

Do you mean the Race course? I doubt walkers would be allowed in greyhound track.

Advertisement