Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Do you mean the Race course? I doubt walkers would be allowed in greyhound track.

Thanks edited my post correctly now 😉

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah wow what a shame. I loved that shop as a kid. I grew up just up the road from it I used to love visiting it.

Carrick river rescue found the young man that was missing this morning...May he rest in peace..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Carrick river rescue found the young man that was missing this morning...May he rest in peace..

Condolences to his family. All credit must be given to Carrick River Rescue, they are a very worthy and dedicated group.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Rest In Peace. God Bless the river rescue crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Yes you can walk around the race course, between the hours of 9 and 4 ish and you enter from off the bypass on powerstown road.

Yes you can walk around the race course, between the hours of 9 and 4 ish and you enter from off the bypass on powerstown road.

Is that Monday to Friday only and no weekends or bank holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Was there ever an official reason given for the limited opening hours to the public? It's a shame that it has come to this.

maximo31 wrote: »
    Was there ever an official reason given for the limited opening hours to the public? It's a shame that it has come to this.

Owners of private property are not obliged to give reasons as to when or why they open and close their gates.

Reasons given for closure in the past were

Insurance claims.
    Vandalism.
    Theft from cars.

What I would like to know is what agreement if any they have with any authority as to why they should open the gates at all.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭All in all

Does anyone know what happened on the Cahir road this morning, road closed this morning when I was going to work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

All in all wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happened on the Cahir road this morning, road closed this morning when I was going to work.

Facebook full of status' about a bad crash that happened there. Pedistrian and vehicle involved. Gardi are still at the scene and the road is still closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

All in all wrote: »

A car hit a pedestrian at 5ish this morning and from texaco garage up to the poppyfields is closed off bar those who live in abbey meadows can turn in of course. They are diverting people around marlifield to get around also which I imagine is a bit hectic given that road. Walked passed the scene this morning and the car is in a very bad state.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is there any food delivery or take away place open today in Clonmel?

I see on FB that Barretts in Mitchel street is closing down.He has a half price sale on at the moment.Sad to see this shop close

I see on FB that Barretts in Mitchel street is closing down.He has a half price sale on at the moment.Sad to see this shop close

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭cml387

A most remarkable shop.

A very,erm,unique attitude toward shop interior design.

cml387 wrote: »
    A most remarkable shop.

A very,erm,unique attitude toward shop interior design.

How they managed to find anything is a mystery!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Last night I had a dream I was shopping in Clonmel I think I was in the Showgrounds and I walked to the other Shopping Centre which was where Supervalu was in the town. The shopping centre was massive all the shops you could every want and a cinema and a water park in the basement. The shopping centre it's self had a water slide that ran from the top floor beside the escalator. This shopping centre had a range of high street shops(almost everyone) to quirky little shops and could have easily be one of the largest shopping centres in Europe. It all felt so real until my brother(I was shopping with him) went into this strange looking clothes shop. I was left alone and man cam up behind me and took my house keys out of my backpack. I turned around and he claimed I droped them he then tried to steal my wallet. I'm not sure if he got it because I woke up. Sorry for being off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Last night I had a dream I was shopping in Clonmel I think I was in the Showgrounds and I walked to the other Shopping Centre which was where Supervalu was in the town. The shopping centre was massive all the shops you could every want and a cinema and a water park in the basement. The shopping centre it's self had a water slide that ran from the top floor beside the escalator. This shopping centre had a range of high street shops(almost everyone) to quirky little shops and could have easily be one of the largest shopping centres in Europe. It all felt so real until my brother(I was shopping with him) went into this strange looking clothes shop. I was left alone and man cam up behind me and took my house keys out of my backpack. I turned around and he claimed I droped them he then tried to steal my wallet. I'm not sure if he got it because I woke up. Sorry for being off topic.

Mushrooms???

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

you need to talk to somebody

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

snipey wrote: »
    you need to talk to somebody

Town planners maybe.

For some people eating cheese or shellfish before bedtime can result in meaningless dreams !

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Why does O Keeffes charge entry fee? They are the only late bar in Clonmel & are guaranteed business every weekend. I know if you go to Bakers bar you can get a voucher to get in free. But the vouchers are limited so you can be lucky some nights to get them.

Maymack wrote: »
    Why does O Keeffes charge entry fee? They are the only late bar in Clonmel & are guaranteed business every weekend.

You've answered your own question. They charge because they can. There's no competition so people will have to pay it or go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Why does O Keeffes charge entry fee? They are the only late bar in Clonmel & are guaranteed business every weekend. I know if you go to Bakers bar you can get a voucher to get in free. But the vouchers are limited so you can be lucky some nights to get them.

With The Posthouse and Dannos no longer open they can do what they want.
    TBH someone would have to pay me to go to O'Keeffes.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought nite clubs only charged admissions? I've been to few late bars in other cities and towns and this is the first I've seen charging.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought nite clubs only charged admissions? I've been to few late bars in other cities and towns and this is the first I've seen charging.

I've seen a few late bars charge before, technically they can claim the money goes towards the late licence fee, entertainment and staffing costs. And seeing as they're the only late bar in town they can get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

I think their argument was people were drinking at home or bringing their own in their bag but as other posters have said, it's because they can and the frequenters haven't voted with their feet

Advertisement