Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

charlemont wrote: »
    Ah You would know Fla (Tómas O Flaherty) if you ever encountered him, A legend of a teacher, He was in the High School during the 80's and early/mid 90's, I'm sure he died around 2000.

Had him myself for a while. Pure genius he was. His full name was Thomas Flaherty and he died somewhere around 1996-1997, I remember going to his funeral in school. He was teaching there I believe since the 60s.

There's a few food teachers dead from my time there, Nora Forristal, Sean Twomey, Tom Flaherty and prob one or two more. All good teachers by the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,726 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ah You would know Fla (Tómas O Flaherty) if you ever encountered him, A legend of a teacher, He was in the High School during the 80's and early/mid 90's, I'm sure he died around 2000.

"Shingles in my eyes" guy was it?

Anyone remember Brother Turner?he was to kind of hop when teaching......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

Does anyone on here remember the phenomena of a maths teacher that was Tom Fla ?

He used to teach at the High School and was clearly the funniest teacher ever, I spent the whole year laughing at him, He had a good heart though and was an intelligent man.

Git out year cahybooks !!

Smart men !!

Pure gent of a man. He would remember students years after they left and ask their parents how they were getting on. He got awful abuse from some students but he would go above and beyond the call of duty for those who were willing to learn. It was only in hindsight that most lads realised how good he was.

Speaking of the High School,my boy tells me Mr.Conway has retired...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

dahat wrote: »
    Speaking of the High School,my boy tells me Mr.Conway has retired...........

Didn't know that...Sound man but lazy teacher. <snip> is probably the worst though, cnut of a man and a really sh*t teacher.

Did anyone have <snip> as a teacher before, I heard a few stories about him being a right dick.

• Advertisement

Had him but don't remember much only he had effin massive hands that shook when he walked,bloody funny looking i tell ya....

<snip> was a right boyo,had no more interest in teaching than i did!!!though he did try to get me back after i was expelled in 3rd year,only cos i played for Commmercials though...
    <snip> was a proper dick i tell ya.was looking forward to seeing him at my boys PT Tuesday night but that wont happen now....
    <snip> was an almighty dick too,seen him flog a mate of mine with a duster in class,wankor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Anyone have Shan The Man? Had him for Geography by far and away one of the best teachers I had.

Had Gerry in 1st year for Science gave me my first white card :( Always remember him smoking out the window in the old building :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Flood defences were erected as an exercise by the civil defence last Sunday.

Obviously it was planned expecting the worst:
    26022012f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

touts wrote: »
    Pure gent of a man. He would remember students years after they left and ask their parents how they were getting on. He got awful abuse from some students but he would go above and beyond the call of duty for those who were willing to learn. It was only in hindsight that most lads realised how good he was.

Well I remember a good one when the year was almost up, One of the sixth years brought in screwdrivers and they took the door off the hinges and when Fla arrived into the class he was furious, So he went and got Ollie Doyle to come to the class, So when Ollie arrived the door was back on !!

I never gave the man any abuse or anything but I just could not take him seriously as he was too funny, I only thought of him last night and I was almost in tears laughing.

Yea He was a good person, I knew his brother the postman. sound, And his nephews are A1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Killer Keane was one scary teacher, It was like a cloud of fear or respect came over when he would enter the room and his classes were always quiet, Once my book fell from the table and he just went quiet and stared at me and for the rest of the year I just knew he didn't like me..

Its funny to think Ollie Doyle taught at the HS before Mr Bannon was even born.

I went to the Tech as well, Totally different experience to the High School.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 goonas

Hi I need a reliable mechanic to fit speedo cable and IAC valve to my beloved Opel Tigra I live between Dungarvan & Clonmel - any ideas?

goonas wrote: »
    Hi I need a reliable mechanic to fit speedo cable and IAC valve to my beloved Opel Tigra I live between Dungarvan & Clonmel - any ideas?

Go to the Garage in the Old Bridge area of the twon,used to the rover one......
    Mechanic there is top drawer...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 R3D_D3V1L

anyone else having problems connecting to the free wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

R3D_D3V1L wrote: »
    anyone else having problems connecting to the free wifi?
    Yeah,I was talking to a couple of people who said they couldn't connect to it around the Marystone center.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,162 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What is the story with the garda on that large hill to abbots and to Cashel. They park in at that estate, saw no hand held camera but it could be built in? Do they monitor you going down hill or up?

Headshot wrote: »
    What is the story with the garda on that large hill to abbots and to Cashel. They park in at that estate, saw no hand held camera but it could be built in? Do they monitor you going down hill or up?

There is often a speed check there so be careful. You won't really know if their checking until you pass other times its just to make you think they are so best bet is to take it handy. It's a very easy spot to wander a few mph over.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,162 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

There is often a speed check there so be careful. You won't really know if their checking until you pass other times its just to make you think they are so best bet is to take it handy. It's a very easy spot to wander a few mph over.

Ya I'm worried I was slightly over. I didn't see a handheld camera or any thing on the bonnet though?
    They were on the right there towards Cashel so would they only concentrate on traffic going down the hill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Brian Cleary

Red Devil just getting back to you on the wifi connectivity problems - the system isn't fully operational yet and that is why you're having problems connecting. All going to plan I'll have an update (a final positive one) in the next few days.

Thanks for keeping an eye on it!

Robbed from Facebook...........Beautiful view!!!
    riverbench.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Hahaha great photo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Headshot wrote: »
    Is it Longfield estate you're talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I see the Mayfair is open again.

I must say well done to the 'shellekybookie' art group for their efforts at the Clonmel parade on Saturday,really made it the best parade in years.Well done to them.

tippspur wrote: »
    I must say well done to the 'shellekybookie' art group for their efforts at the Clonmel parade on Saturday,really made it the best parade in years.Well done to them.

Have to agree, they put an unreal amount of effort into it. Anyone know anything about them? I thought it had something to do with the junction crowd but they appeared later in the parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 murray sparkle

Fair dues to everybody involved in the parade. I would say it was the biggest participation rate in years. Shellikyboookiy is nothing to do with the Junction. They have a place in Ard Gaoithe. The Junction element if the parade was a disgrace. A load of 2 litre plastic bottles stuck together. Utter crap. It was the weak point of the parade.

That and the hangers on with the council at the start of the parade. What was that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

Anyone know anything about Maxi zoo pet shop opening in Clonmel town, like where ? when? and how to apply for jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Royco wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Maxi zoo pet shop opening in Clonmel town, like where ? when? and how to apply for jobs

they are looking for employees..notice in shop. poppyfields

I see Chrissies pub in Clonmel went on fire this evening,looks like a bad one.

tippspur wrote: »
    I see Chrissies pub in Clonmel went on fire this evening,looks like a bad one.

Looked bad enough but saw the lights in as I was on my way to work tonight. Looked like there was a few people in the pub so maybe upstairs is all that was damaged.

Hopefully it's not too bad. In this climate a loss of business for even a few days can be fatal.

• Advertisement

Looked bad enough but saw the lights in as I was on my way to work tonight. Looked like there was a few people in the pub so maybe upstairs is all that was damaged.

Hopefully it's not too bad. In this climate a loss of business for even a few days can be fatal.
    Big hole in the roof from the pics i saw on facebook,maybe it's only the top half that's damaged.

Advertisement