Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Its shame really because people who do actually go in there and spend money are been hit with entry fee because of a small few who bring their own drink in & spend nothing. I think they should get rid of the voucher system in bakers bar & instead stamp your hand on the way out. Seen this done before. Better system.

Maymack wrote: »
    Its shame really because people who do actually go in there and spend money are been hit with entry fee because of a small few who bring their own drink in & spend nothing. I think they should get rid of the voucher system in bakers bar & instead stamp your hand on the way out. Seen this done before. Better system.

Why don't they search people on the way in? This is done in loads of venues in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

You'd be surprised the amount of people who bring their own drink with them... I've seen it first hand. Better to get the price of one drink off them than they going in and not spending a penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is there an Apache pizza in clonmel these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

klose wrote: »

No, nearest one is Cashel.

https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=apache+pizza+clonmel

Plenty of cowboy ones here though! (Meant to be a joke)

Dominos on the Cashel Road in Clonmel, I find quite good.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Apache just reopened in Dungarvan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

klose wrote: »

It's opening soon in Hotshots they have the signs up already not sure when it's opening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

F34 wrote: »
    It's opening soon in Hotshots they have the signs up already not sure when it's opening though.

In the bowling alley? Bit strange isn't it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

In the bowling alley? Bit strange isn't it??

A bit alright you'd think they would open in town

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

You'd be surprised the amount of people who bring their own drink with them... I've seen it first hand. Better to get the price of one drink off them than they going in and not spending a penny.
    From what I hear they could find between 50 and 70 empty naging bottles around the place in the clean up next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Why does O Keeffes charge entry fee? They are the only late bar in Clonmel & are guaranteed business every weekend. I know if you go to Bakers bar you can get a voucher to get in free. But the vouchers are limited so you can be lucky some nights to get them.

Tbh most of the pubs are serving till at least 1 well provided you have frequented well before that time of course :), why you'd need to pay to go to O' Keefes for a little bit extra is baffling. I was in there over Christmas to meet a buddy who was back in the country we had gotten served literally 5 mins previous as bar was shutting, bouncers practically pushed us out the door deterring us from our full drinks this was uncomfortable and a fairly disappointing end to the night :(. I'd rather they hadn't served us at all if that treatment we were to receive.

I'd go as far to say that the drinking at home crowd are the only people that should be drinking in that kip tbh. By the way Bakers is ran by the same crowd they want you giving them money in there too I'd avoid there too if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

We really need more choice when it comes to going out in Clonmel. We used to have a good range of late bars & nite clubs before. Hopefully some business people will invest in Clonmel pubs again. The Post House is huge loss. Just on a different topic, I see Iceland are looking to open again in Clonmel. They are advertising for retail assistants on Indeed.com.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just on a different topic, I see Iceland are looking to open again in Clonmel. They are advertising for retail assistants on Indeed.com.

I really hope they open in the town centre somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Loughc wrote: »
    I really hope they open in the town centre somewhere.

Lots of rumours as to where theyre gonna go, but the two places ive heard the most are the old tesco building (highly likely) and the old Superquinn (be great if they did, but a bit on the big side i'd imagine and there is the whole issue of rates over there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

We really need more choice when it comes to going out in Clonmel. We used to have a good range of late bars & nite clubs before. Hopefully some business people will invest in Clonmel pubs again. The Post House is huge loss. Just on a different topic, I see Iceland are looking to open again in Clonmel. They are advertising for retail assistants on Indeed.com.

Ironically one of the biggest issues people had with Dannos when it tried to re open was the cover charge now that the competition is gone O'Keeffes just went and added it on straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rucksack

Graet to see iceland coming back to Showgrounds and not in town centre. we can shop there now. would not pay parking in tc

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

rucksack wrote: »
    Graet to see iceland coming back to Showgrounds and not in town centre. we can shop there now. would not pay parking in tc

Where did you hear this?

Where did you hear this?
    TippFM

Tipp FM understands that Iceland UK has now agreed a deal to return to the centre on the Davis Road.

The supermarket will be operated by the UK firm this time round.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Xenophile wrote: »
    Tipp FM understands that Iceland UK has now agreed a deal to return to the centre on the Davis Road.

The supermarket will be operated by the UK firm this time round.

It would be great to see the unit taken again but what would be different this time around. People didn't seem engaged by Iceland last time. The rest of the center could be packed and you would walk into Iceland and it was like a haven of isolation. Never more than 3 or 4 people in there. They will have to change their offering to attract people.

• Advertisement

touts wrote: »
    It would be great to see the unit taken again but what would be different this time around. People didn't seem engaged by Iceland last time. The rest of the center could be packed and you would walk into Iceland and it was like a haven of isolation. Never more than 3 or 4 people in there. They will have to change their offering to attract people.

Last time the supermarket was operated on a franchise basis !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Their business model is based on cheap frozen processed food though isn't it? Maybe I've taken it up completely wrong but if that's the case I'm kinda glad the place isn't packed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Xenophile wrote: »
    Last time the supermarket was operated on a franchise basis !

Still selling crap people don't want to buy.

Their business model is based on cheap frozen processed food though isn't it? Maybe I've taken it up completely wrong but if that's the case I'm kinda glad the place isn't packed
    That is nonsense. They have the same branded frozen foods as Tesco Dunnes etc. They had the Birds Eye brand for instance. Tesco and Dunnes are also full of frozen processed food

Still selling crap people don't want to buy.
    What is the difference between their crap and Tesco crap?

Any news on that crash at Lisronagh? Hope no serious injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

rucksack wrote: »
    That is nonsense. They have the same branded frozen foods as Tesco Dunnes etc. They had the Birds Eye brand for instance. Tesco and Dunnes are also full of frozen processed food

But do they sell any fresh food? Just wondering, never been in there as I said

But do they sell any fresh food? Just wondering, never been in there as I said
    the uk site says fresh fruit and veg and healthy eating

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I really hope Iceland doesn't open again. I'm all for jobs in the area but there's a reason they chose Kerry Katona as their 'public face'...

"That's why mums go to Iceland"?, more like "That's why chavs go to Iceland "!

I can't think of anything more down market and Clonmel is bad enough as it is :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I really hope Iceland doesn't open again. I'm all for jobs in the area but there's a reason they chose Kerry Katona as their 'public face'...

"That's why mums go to Iceland"?, more like "That's why chavs go to Iceland "!

I can't think of anything more down market and Clonmel is bad enough as it is :(

Iceland booted Kerry Katona as the face of Iceland long ago, they now use Peter André and Stacy Solomon and now my skin is crawling due to the fact I knew this.

Advertisement