Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

The only consolation is that there are many healthcare jobs available, if not in the immediate Clonmel area, at least within driveable distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Very sad news, but as dahat has mentioned many would have seen it coming with the changes of owners in recent years. There can't be too many potential buyers left out there at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Bad news for the workers there,how many were employed in the factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭dahat

130 afaik but another 40-70 being made redundant over last two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

About 130 employed there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Not to belittle the hurt felt by employees of Roche in Clare but I thought it was interesting that an announcement that one pharmaceutical company will close by 2019, unless someone will buy it between now and then, was headline news and 130 jobs being liquidated in Clonmel more or less immediately was treated as little more than a side note. Perfect example of how Clonmel and South Tipp in general is widely ignored by the great and good in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

I see clonmel has made the front page of the daily mail today. Some eejit collecting the census forms left em for all to see in the back of their car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I'd be more concerned about sending councillors on a junket to the States for a 1916 commemoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

looks like the Harp is reopening

klose wrote: »
    I see clonmel has made the front page of the daily mail today. Some eejit collecting the census forms left em for all to see in the back of their car.

Not much on the outside of the forms though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Not much on the outside of the forms though..

Exactly. All you can see is the name. Stupid place to leave them, but no need for the faux outrage that will likely cost someone their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Seen this on SiobHan Ambrose Facebook page earlier. Could be good news for Market Place, but did they have to leave it so long to do it..

Market Place Clonmel - Good news you may remember that at last months meeting (April) of Clonmel Borough Municipal Council I had a notice of motion down requesting that the Council look for an emergency meeting with the Valuation Office to discuss the high valuations in Market Place(ref my previous facebook post). The good news is that at tonights meeting the Manager told us that the Valuation Office has now been in contact with the Council officials to inform them that they have visited Market Place in recent days and will be back in touch with the Council re their decision on the Valuation of this area. I hope that this most recent Valuation will be a more realistic valuation which will make Market Place more attractive for potential shop owners and breathe new life into this area.

Seen this on SiobHan Ambrose Facebook page earlier. Could be good news for Market Place, but did they have to leave it so long to do it..

Market Place Clonmel - Good news you may remember that at last months meeting (April) of Clonmel Borough Municipal Council I had a notice of motion down requesting that the Council look for an emergency meeting with the Valuation Office to discuss the high valuations in Market Place(ref my previous facebook post). The good news is that at tonights meeting the Manager told us that the Valuation Office has now been in contact with the Council officials to inform them that they have visited Market Place in recent days and will be back in touch with the Council re their decision on the Valuation of this area. I hope that this most recent Valuation will be a more realistic valuation which will make Market Place more attractive for potential shop owners and breathe new life into this area.

Too little, too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am looking for Car Insurance broker. Any recommendations in Clonmel?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭All in all

I am looking for Car Insurance broker. Any recommendations in Clonmel?

I always find O'Sullivans there or thereabouts for quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Local lad daire lynch has been selected to row for Ireland at the junior world championships in August, well done and great news for the town.

Went there today but no luck.
    Getting 1400e for car insurance. 2 years NCB and full licence. No penalty point.
    All in all wrote: »
    I always find O'Sullivans there or thereabouts for quotes.

Getting 1400e for car insurance. 2 years NCB and full licence. No penalty point.

Did you try any online...fill in your details and you will get the quote..The likes of 123.ie

Did you try any online...fill in your details and you will get the quote..The likes of 123.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Try bank of Ireland and munster insurance group in ennis they seem to be giving normal enough quotes.

I did try chill and 123. They were as high as 1600.

For some reason BOI didn't get me online quote.

I am going to try Munster groups now thanks
    F34 wrote: »
    Try bank of Ireland and munster insurance group in ennis they seem to be giving normal enough quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Loads of threads about this in motors,
    If you are young, or the car is "unusual",you'll have to phone around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have you tried campion insurance in cashel ?. Mother and father have dealed with them for maybe 15 + years and never have had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Kylie Fan

touts wrote: »
    Not to belittle the hurt felt by employees of Roche in Clare but I thought it was interesting that an announcement that one pharmaceutical company will close by 2019, unless someone will buy it between now and then, was headline news and 130 jobs being liquidated in Clonmel more or less immediately was treated as little more than a side note. Perfect example of how Clonmel and South Tipp in general is widely ignored by the great and good in Dublin.

Roche and Clonmel healthcare are very different Takes years to move products out of a pharma site like Roche as they actually make the active ingredient, they are also still selling the products I would imagine and it's a multinational who have a more longer plan. Clonmel don't make active but tablet generics of which there are loads of other companies who provide the same.
    loads of company closures/downsizing never make the news
    On the positive Amneal/MSD/west pharma all have created jobs in the area recently

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommiet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

tommiet wrote: »

This is great, who knew so much was going on. Not sure I agree with the money being spent on the old Clonmel Corporation building unless they are actually going to use it for something but the rest is all positive. I don't know Siobhan Ambrose and wouldn't be a supporter of FF but kudos to her for at least informing us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Is there any hall in Clonmel town that could be hired for a kids birthday party on a Saturday? One that would be big enough for a bouncy castle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

jlm29 wrote: »
    Is there any hall in Clonmel town that could be hired for a kids birthday party on a Saturday? One that would be big enough for a bouncy castle?

Would Monroe be too far out of your way?

Advertisement