Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Would Monroe be too far out of your way?
    Clonmel Og on the bypass can be hired for parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,594 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

solerina wrote: »
    Clonmel Og on the bypass can be hired for parties.

I don't even know if the clubhouse there is open at the mo is it? Did they knock it to make way for the new one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

callaway92 wrote: »
    I don't even know if the clubhouse there is open at the mo is it? Did they knock it to make way for the new one?

No it's most certainly open. Good spot for 21sts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

No it's most certainly open. Good spot for 21sts etc

I didn't think it would fit a bouncy castle!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Hi all. Going to see The Unthanks at the Junction Festival in July. Anywhwere near the church suitable for camping? Or anywhere near the town? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

jlm29 wrote: »
    Is there any hall in Clonmel town that could be hired for a kids birthday party on a Saturday? One that would be big enough for a bouncy castle?

Have you tried the rugby club? Loads of room for bouncy castles up there.

http://www.clonmelrfc.com/

Have you tried the rugby club? Loads of room for bouncy castles up there.

http://www.clonmelrfc.com/

I haven't, thanks! I don't quite need it yet- it's a winter birthday, so would want to put the bouncy castle indoors- was thinking it might be a nice alternative to planet playground, especially considering the guest list that's being planned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

You could try the GAA on western road, but not sure the ceiling would be high enough for a bouncy castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Is there any hall in Clonmel town that could be hired for a kids birthday party on a Saturday? One that would be big enough for a bouncy castle?

I know you said Clonmel town centre - but the convent hall out the road in Fethard does exactly this. There's a cinema room and pool / table tennis for older kids too.

http://fethardconventcommunityhall.com/

Thanks for all the suggestions! I want to start planting seeds about bouncy castles to try and escape planet playground (or my house)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

I didn't think it would fit a bouncy castle!

is a fair bit bigger inside then it looks ...good party spot but maybe not for a bouncy castle :) !!!

Yeboah wrote: »
    is a fair bit bigger inside then it looks ...good party spot but maybe not for a bouncy castle :) !!!

There will have to be a bouncy castle to Convince him away from planet playground. Though to be fair, by the time we would hire a hall and a castle, maybe it would be no cheaper than bringing his extensive guest list to planet playground!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

parttime wrote: »
    Hi all. Going to see The Unthanks at the Junction Festival in July. Anywhwere near the church suitable for camping? Or anywhere near the town? Thanks

Nearest place to the town would be Powers The Pot for camping - nowhere in town at the minute unless you would fancy taking your chances in Denis Burke Park?(virtually in town)

On another note - will be interesting to see if any transport etc is organised from Clonmel to Mitchelstown bearing in mind half of the events seem to be in Mitchelstown Caves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Another "Seen around the town" question.

What are the large mobile display screens for that are parked in the Clonmel Park Hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

cml387 wrote: »
    Another "Seen around the town" question.

What are the large mobile display screens for that are parked in the Clonmel Park Hotel?

EZ living furniture were having a warehouse clearance sale in the vacant lot where cost plus sofas used to be for all of last weekend, so they brought in those big advertising boards aswell. It finished on Sunday but they are still there not sure why. I assume they are due to be collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

klose wrote: »
    EZ living furniture were having a warehouse clearance sale in the vacant lot where cost plus sofas used to be for all of last weekend, so they brought in those big advertising boards aswell. It finished on Sunday but they are still there not sure why. I assume they are due to be collected.

Was over here a while ago and EZ living have posters up saying they will be moving permanently into that vacant lot, good news I guess. Just need to fill the 3 small units and it will be full up.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

klose wrote: »
    Was over here a while ago and EZ living have posters up saying they will be moving permanently into that vacant lot, good news I guess. Just need to fill the 3 small units and it will be full up.

I bought a sofa there today. The salesman said they'll be in the unit by the autumn. Contract has just been signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

I heard Kennys in Gladstone street has closed,due to the owner retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

The shop had a very run down look for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I worked there many years back as a young fella, first job after leaving school.

It was then owned by Tom Kenny, a Chief super in the Gardai.

I think some of the same staff are still there, or were.

I remember the old ladies who used to come in during the winter with their bottle for a fill of paraffin for the heater.

Now I know I'm getting old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Lovely building, very iconic and well-known shop in Clonmel - sad to see it close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is there really a castle @Careys castle?

we parked car and went out for walking in the woods on right side. There was no sign of any castle except nice tall trees.

we parked car and went out for walking in the woods on right side. There was no sign of any castle except nice tall trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

whenever i went to careys castle id park up and take the left entrance ( think it has a yellow barrier there ) fair bit of walking but you should eventually come to the remains of an old castle with a stream right next to it :) hope this helps :)

Is that opposite direction to the car park?
    Check this link:
    https://goo.gl/maps/PNrsvY8sP2s

and is it like 30 minutes walk?
    pudzey101 wrote: »
    whenever i went to careys castle id park up and take the left entrance ( think it has a yellow barrier there ) fair bit of walking but you should eventually come to the remains of an old castle with a stream right next to it :) hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Is that opposite direction to the car park?
    Check this link:
    https://goo.gl/maps/PNrsvY8sP2s

and is it like 30 minutes walk?

yeah thats the one , on the image you posted theyre used be a barrier across them 2 stones thats the route , about 30 mins walk , and if my memory is right you'll come to a fork on the path ahead about 25 mins in , slip down right its kind of a downhill slope into a forest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I was up there last week and it didn't look like that? From the carpark take the left road (go around the barrier) and follow it for about 1km and then take the right fork down towards the river. You can walk up to the left of the castle and meet up with another track, turn left and you re-join the first track and vear right back to the car park. I'm going up there later to walk the dogs. I love the shade on these hot days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Interesting read:

Future of Clonmel Meeting – Report
    Further to the “Future Of Clonmel” Meeting that was held on the 19th May in the Clonmel Park Hotel, we have now completed the report on the findings from the meeting and you can read full details below.

This report brings together the opinions and ideas of over eighty people in the business and wider community in Clonmel. All that attended provided excellent feedback throughout the evening covering Ideas, Strengths and Challenges.

https://www.countytipperarychamber.com/wp-content/uploads/clonmelchamberprintready.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

From

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/national/these-twelve-food-business-were-ordered-to-close-last-month/ar-BBtYguG?ocid=spartandhp

THE FOOD SAFETY Authority of Ireland has reported that twelve closure orders were served on food businesses during the month of May for breaches of food safety legislation. Among them is,

China Kitchen (restaurant), Market Place, Clonmel, Tipperary.

Is this address correct?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

marvin80 wrote: »
    Interesting read:

Future of Clonmel Meeting – Report
    Further to the “Future Of Clonmel” Meeting that was held on the 19th May in the Clonmel Park Hotel, we have now completed the report on the findings from the meeting and you can read full details below.

This report brings together the opinions and ideas of over eighty people in the business and wider community in Clonmel. All that attended provided excellent feedback throughout the evening covering Ideas, Strengths and Challenges.
    nothing new in that. it says "it stands to reason that a town that promotes the fact that it is compact should have a problem facilitating thousands of vehicles simultaneously. " nothing to do with compact it is the parking charges and the chamber can do nothing about them

Advertisement