Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

how close can one drive to the holy year cross? how far is it from the nearest road? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Its market street, beside the entrance to Circles.

marvin80 wrote: »
    Interesting read:

Future of Clonmel Meeting – Report
    Further to the “Future Of Clonmel” Meeting that was held on the 19th May in the Clonmel Park Hotel, we have now completed the report on the findings from the meeting and you can read full details below.

https://www.countytipperarychamber.com/wp-content/uploads/clonmelchamberprintready.pdf

I think its a great report. Some new and innovative ideas in it. Biggest rollercoaster in Ireland?

With regard to the parking problems in the town, why cant they make it free parking say 10am to 4pm - so that the workers in the town are already parked on the outskirts before the shoppers arrive. Why can't suir island parking be free?

I think the river Suir should be developed more, when the walk way / bike way down as far as Kilsheelan / Carrick is complete it will be a wonderful attraction for the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

how close can one drive to the holy year cross? how far is it from the nearest road? thanks

It's only a short walk from where the road ends. Maybe 15, 20 min? And that's with a 4 yr old walking with me, and. 6 mth old on my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Can anyone recommend a radio/stereo/CD repair in Clonmel? I have a fairly good unit but it's out of guarantee, so I'd like to see if it can be fixed, rather than replaced.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I think its a great report. Some new and innovative ideas in it. Biggest rollercoaster in Ireland?

With regard to the parking problems in the town, why cant they make it free parking say 10am to 4pm - so that the workers in the town are already parked on the outskirts before the shoppers arrive. Why can't suir island parking be free?

I think the river Suir should be developed more, when the walk way / bike way down as far as Kilsheelan / Carrick is complete it will be a wonderful attraction for the town.

That rollercoaster idea and the tram/train line around Clonmel are definitely thinking outside the box but then they mentioned Tayto Park was the same and look at the success that has been.

First and foremost parking problems need to be sorted - a multi-storey car park be perfect.

Something needs to be done with Market Place and the Arms Hotel asap - a decent sized hotel in the town is badly needed and would be very successful.

They also mention "ATTRACT A SIGNIFICANT CYCLING EVENT" - the Irish National Cycling Championships were due to be held in Clonmel this year but had to be cancelled due to funding - that was disappointing for Clonmel to lose.
    They also have the Suir Valley Festival in August which is usually very popular.

Clonmel has plenty going for it - be great to see the report being acted upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Agreed completely ref the above point with regards to cycling etc. Would say that the report cost a hell of a lot less than 55k that was paid by Tipp Co Co for the original report, followed by the presentation in the Town Hall where no opportunity was given for people to have their say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Agreed completely ref the above point with regards to cycling etc. Would say that the report cost a hell of a lot less than 55k that was paid by Tipp Co Co for the original report, followed by the presentation in the Town Hall where no opportunity was given for people to have their say!

Would you happen to have a link for that report?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

I think he means the council 55k report

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

A fcuking Tram line around the town?????
    I see the usual delusional crowd must have been at that chamber meeting.

It's glaring to me in the 'Challenges' section of that meeting, there is no mention of the absolute scum that infest the town centre like rats.

They want more open spaces to be used more, a bridge from Sarsfield St to Suir Island!
    These people need a wake up call.

There is far too much anti social behaviour on the bits of public space that are in Clonmel already eg:
    Old St Marys Church yard - junkies and alcoholics and other toerags drinking, shooting up and then defecating where they sit.

The new stretch of riverside walkway near the Convent Bridge already has nightly gatherings of scum doing what they do best.

Nearly every glass panel on that new bridge at the old bridge smashed (again).

Wake up Chamber of Commerce et al - find a way to thin out the generations of Welfare supported, repeat offending, afraid of nothing sub-humans who ruin what we already have.

Trams and glass covered streets! Jeeezus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Some good stuff on that list. And a lot that could be done without major cost. I think we can forget about a tram as that would cost tens of millions at least. However those headline grabbing ideas shouldn't distract from the many more straight forward proposals. What is needed are people to keep this going and see the tasks to fulfillment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

A fcuking Tram line around the town?????
    Why not just go for a monorail?

Why not fix the roads,so we dont have to avoid potholes..Theres a line across the road near chrissies pub..its like a mini ramp..why wasnt it made level with the road when when whatever job made them open it,was finished.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Anybody here no where the boola wood is? i hear its a nice place to bring dogs for a swim

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Anybody here no where the boola wood is? i hear its a nice place to bring dogs for a swim

Go up the mountain road - past golf club right to the top - it's about 8-9km - as soon as the road starts going down the other side, that's Boola Wood.

If you drive down to the where the bridge is you can pull in at the enterence of a fire road on the left - there's room there to park.

Plenty of deer about up there mind the little doggies don't get lost chasing after one.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

mind the little doggies, there are sheep everywhere and the farmers hate dog walkers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

snipey wrote: »
    mind the little doggies, there are sheep everywhere and the farmers hate dog walkers

theyd never be off the lead, am i right in thinking there is a stream up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

ya, it's a lovely walk but you'd be better off going down to two mile bridge(ferryhouse) and walking down the river the dogs can dip in and out of the river and there's no sheep or deer to bother you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The Boola Bridge is well known, it is the first bridge after Harney's Cross on the way to Rathgormack.

It is the only place that I have seen otters in the stream and and on the banks.

Suggestion........................an ordinance survey map would be of great help.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Is there a chance the track could bend?

Xenophile wrote: »
    The Boola Bridge is well known, it is the first bridge after Harney's Cross on the way to Rathgormack.

It is the only place that I have seen otters in the stream and and on the banks.

Suggestion........................an ordinance survey map would be of great help.

I've seen otters splashing in the water and playing on the banks on the far side of the river walk down past the Minella.

Tickincor woods is another great place to walk dogs. There are deer around, just check them for ticks when you're finished. There are loads of tracks to choose, some loop, some don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I've seen otters splashing in the water and playing on the banks on the far side of the river walk down past the Minella.

I have seen otters up the river near the Turn of Abbey too, having great fun playing in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Went to Tesco to get 10 fuel paid by card (laser debt) and week later they took another 1 euro for admin charge.
    Am i only 1 who didnt know this?so much for going in for cheaper petrol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

copy1 wrote: »
    Went to Tesco to get 10 fuel paid by card (laser debt) and week later they took another 1 euro for admin charge.
    Am i only 1 who didnt know this?so much for going in for cheaper petrol :)

Is that because you didn't meet the minimum spend? Lot of places will charge for under €12-15

no i looked up this and found out people saying the same,Tesco hold a Euro for some reason and its meant to be refunded 3-5 days later...very strange...no signage at pumps to say this.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

copy1 wrote: »
    no i looked up this and found out people saying the same,Tesco hold a Euro for some reason and its meant to be refunded 3-5 days later...very strange...no signage at pumps to say this.

Heard something like this before alright. Did you pay at the pump?

yeah paid at pump,found this topic on another Board.ie Forum...i m not the first...i ll stick to Amber from now on.

• Advertisement

Anyone any advise on a car abandoned in estate,i have spoke to landlord whose house the person was renting but he saiD since it is not directly outside his property it not his problem.Local children are now climbing on it and its only a matter of time before a window is broke.

Advertisement