Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

copy1 wrote: »
    Anyone any advise on a car abandoned in estate,i have spoke to landlord whose house the person was renting but he saiD since it is not directly outside his property it not his problem.Local children are now climbing on it and its only a matter of time before a window is broke.
    report to council. if there is no tax ins nct report to garda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Went to Tesco to get 10 fuel paid by card (laser debt) and week later they took another 1 euro for admin charge.
    Am i only 1 who didnt know this?so much for going in for cheaper petrol :)

They do this for fuel paid at the pump by card, it's a pre authorisation to see if the card works, they then refund it a few days later when the full amount cones out.

Cout yourself lucky that it was only 1 euro, I used one of those 24hr pumps in france 2 weeks ago and they pre authorised 130 euro for 20 euro fuel :( to make it worse it took 10 days to get the refund..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Anyone any advise on a car abandoned in estate,i have spoke to landlord whose house the person was renting but he saiD since it is not directly outside his property it not his problem.Local children are now climbing on it and its only a matter of time before a window is broke.

once you know it's abandoned take the number plates off and the council will take it away and use it in the fire station for practice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

snipey wrote:
    once you know it's abandoned take the number plates off and the council will take it away and use it in the fire station for practice

Steady on what kind of car is it we don't want to be hasty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

snipey wrote: »

Don't do this! You could be accused of criminal damage. You have no idea if the car is abandoned or not.

If the tax and nct are out and it's on a public road the Gardai can impound it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

pudzey101 wrote: »
    yeah thats the one , on the image you posted theyre used be a barrier across them 2 stones thats the route , about 30 mins walk , and if my memory is right you'll come to a fork on the path ahead about 25 mins in , slip down right its kind of a downhill slope into a forest :)

Careys castle is less that 15 minute walk from the carpark, less than 10 mins with a brisk walk :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Deminiman wrote: »
    Careys castle is less that 15 minute walk from the carpark, less than 10 mins with a brisk walk :-)

where not all as fit or as tall as u Deminiman :D, joking , 15 mins if you know where to go and put a pep in your step :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

check the window next time for tax , cars on a public road have to be taxed or can be towed/impounded by guards :) especially if its causing a nuisance :D

check the window next time for tax , cars on a public road have to be taxed or can be towed/impounded by guards :) especially if its causing a nuisance :D

I see the traffic warden in mary street car park yesterday..why would he have to in there now,with the barriers?

I see the traffic warden in mary street car park yesterday..why would he have to in there now,with the barriers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

They check for tax as well

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Had this problem a while ago. Lad broke down and left the car in the estate. Waited a while for him to come back, no sign. It was there a month so I called the guards and there was a fella straight over with a tow truck the following morning.

They check for tax as well

Yes...I forgot that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Any good Chinese restaurant in town please? For eat in

no

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Dragon palace in irishtown is nice and the one across from the credit union on Parnell St. Can't remember what it's called as I usually go to dragon palace

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Coz he's a pr*ck

Cool
    I will have a look on both.
    Thanks
    Dragon palace in irishtown is nice and the one across from the credit union on Parnell St. Can't remember what it's called as I usually go to dragon palace

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Cool
    I will have a look on both.
    Thanks

I think the Emperor is one of the best rated in Clomel. I haven't been there for years but it's top rated on Trip Advisor.

That's the one across from the Credit Union.

Emperor has changed hands within the same family and the take away's have suffered, got one there last week and the beef wasn't good as in you couldn't cut it, it was so tough. gave it to the dog.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up.
    Will go to Dragon palace so
    Emperor has changed hands within the same family and the take away's have suffered, got one there last week and the beef wasn't good as in you couldn't cut it, it was so tough. gave it to the dog.

what's going on at Oakville dunnes? Saw gardai and ambulances there and road is closed.

child knocked down,

Hope little fella is fine now
    child knocked down,

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

china Kitchen :) nah only joking!!!! any1 see they papers?

I eventually got food from 18 Mary Street. Was fair quality if not the best
    china Kitchen :) nah only joking!!!! any1 see they papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

How did the march in Clonmel by the woman whose brother died in the old hotel go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Quick question, have a friend looking for social housing (rental house coming to an end and owner moving in) and we are going to do a drive around the local authority estates to see what's empty. Apart from the obvious estates like Brook crescent, elm park, can anyone just jot down a few names of some so that we can do a walk by and see if we can arm ourselves with any info for a visit to the housing authority. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Has your friend applied for to the Local Authority for housing ?

If not, they are wasting their time visiting the Council.

If the lease on the current house is coming to an end why don't they just rent somewhere else ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Vizzy wrote: »
    Has your friend applied for to the Local Authority for housing ?

If not, they are wasting their time visiting the Council.

If the lease on the current house is coming to an end why don't they just rent somewhere else ?

Yes, Yes and they hope to but I was just looking at another option for them if possible. Do you know of any other council estates please

Advertisement