Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

Yes, Yes and they hope to but I was just looking at another option for them if possible. Do you know of any other council estates please

Where is the point in looking if they are not entitled to a house at the moment? Surely they have to wait until one is offered them? There are only 2 options, private rental or wait their turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

Yes, Yes and they hope to but I was just looking at another option for them if possible. Do you know of any other council estates please
    Do you seriously think you can go around and pick a house like that. That is not how it works. If you see a house vacant your friend will only be offered it if they are next on list and it is suitable for them. If it is vacant and not already offered to your friend then it probably won't be.You cannot go to them and say we saw one vacant in [estate], we will have that please

The should find out where they are on the list. how long since they applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Where is the point in looking if they are not entitled to a house at the moment? Surely they have to wait until one is offered them? There are only 2 options, private rental or wait their turn.

lads, I said yes to on housing list - I'm not giving out their details for privacy reasons and I'm not going into more details here suffice to say I wouldn't be wasting my time on a ****ty sunday if I didn't think it wouid be worth it.

Now, do you have names of any other council estates around the town - I'm not from the town so I haven't a clue

lads, I said yes to on housing list - I'm not giving out their details for privacy reasons and I'm not going into more details here suffice to say I wouldn't be wasting my time on a ****ty sunday if I didn't think it would be worth it.

Now, do you have names of any other council estates around the town - I'm not from the town so I haven't a clue
    that is fair enough but you still cannot pick like that. the council will know where the vacant houses are anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

There are probably 50 Council estates in Clonmel alone.
    Some will only have a few rented houses left due to tenants purchasing them under tenant purchase schemes.

Some of the bigger ones would be Elm Park, Wilderness/Carrigeen, Fairfields, Bianconi Drive and Glenconnor Heights.

• Advertisement

lads, I said yes to on housing list - I'm not giving out their details for privacy reasons and I'm not going into more details here suffice to say I wouldn't be wasting my time on a ****ty sunday if I didn't think it wouid be worth it.

There are no council estates. They own some houses in all the estates. Many were bought out by their tenants, so it is impossible to give a list to you! Your friends will just have to do like all the rest on the list and wait their turn Just because a house is empty, doesn't mean it's ready or available to the council.

Do you seriously think you can go around and pick a house like that. That is not how it works. If you see a house vacant your friend will only be offered it if they are next on list and it is suitable for them. If it is vacant and not already offered to your friend then it probably won't be.You cannot go to them and say we saw one vacant in [estate], we will have that please

The should find out where they are on the list. how long since they applied?

Actually what happens is say a 3 bed house becomes available and the county council write/contact people they think this will suit (no top of the list) and people view it and you would be surprised just how many turn them down. It doesn't matter when you apply to go on housing, its down to your needs. For example, someone homeless with kids would have a greater need than someone living with their parents in relative comfort, though probably cramped conditions.

And yes, I know of someone who saw a empty house for many weeks/months, hounded the Council (my words not theirs) and they were rehoused out of a council house to another council house. It happens, you don't know peoples circumstances, there are always exceptions to the rules, that's life.

I'm amazed at the responses I'm getting. I asked a relatively harmless question, and not one person has responded to that question.

There are no council estates. They own some houses in all the estates. Many were bought out by their tenants, so it is impossible to give a list to you! Your friends will just have to do like all the rest on the list and wait their turn Just because a house is empty, doesn't mean it's ready or available to the council.
    it also does not mean they will get it. depends where they are on list

Actually what happens is say a 3 bed house becomes available and the county council write/contact people they think this will suit (no top of the list) and people view it and you would be surprised just how many turn them down. It doesn't matter when you apply to go on housing, its down to your needs. For example, someone homeless with kids would have a greater need than someone living with their parents in relative comfort, though probably cramped conditions.

And yes, I know of someone who saw a empty house for many weeks/months, hounded the Council (my words not theirs) and they were rehoused out of a council house to another council house. It happens, you don't know peoples circumstances, there are always exceptions to the rules, that's life.

I'm amazed at the responses I'm getting. I asked a relatively harmless question, and not one person has responded to that question.

"they were rehoused out of a council house to another council house" This is totally different from trying to jump the queue. People can and do move from one council house to another depending on their circumstances. It doesn't affect the number of houses available to those on the list.

it is true if you are homeless you can get a house urgently. But your friend are not homeless.

pub talk or they were going to get it anyway.it is the council you should make aware of their circumstance not us, we cannot rehouse them

• Advertisement

"they were rehoused out of a council house to another council house" This is totally different from trying to jump the queue. People can and do move from one council house to another depending on their circumstances. It doesn't affect the number of houses available to those on the list.

Nobody is trying to jump a queue. FFS lads, calm down. I just wanted names, which vizzy has kindly given me some, just so we can go look. They are trying to be proactive and informing themselves, that's it.

Relax I was only looking for information not the PC brigade jumping down my throat and you shouldn't judge, nobody knows of others circumstances.

Nobody is trying to jump a queue. FFS lads, calm down. I just wanted names, which vizzy has kindly given me some, just so we can go look. They are trying to be proactive and informing themselves, that's it.

Relax I was only looking for information not the PC brigade jumping down my throat and you shouldn't judge, nobody knows of others circumstances.
    told you the council know where the vacant house are . if your friends are in bad circumstances that will be taken into account. at the start you gave impression it was q jumping. there is nothing pc about telling you how it works. The best people to ask are the council then

it is true if you are homeless you can get a house urgently. But your friend are not homeless.

The point I was making is that "the list" is a fluid thing and it depends on your circumstances.

pub talk or they were going to get it anyway.it is the council you should make aware of their circumstance not us, we cannot rehouse them

It wasn't pub talk, I personally know the person and it is the council they are going to I just wanted names of estates for information.

It wasn't pub talk, I personally know the person and it is the council they are going to I just wanted names of estates for information.
    i did not write the list is a fluid thing but it is in the quote, it is but you did not want to give info for privacy reasons so gave impression of q jump

well i do not know names of estates so cannot tell you. you should ask the council

i did not write the list is a fluid thing but it is in the quote, it is but you did not want to give info for privacy reasons so gave impression of q jump

I wrote "...it is a fluid thing ..." just didn't post it properly.

At no stage did I give the impression of q jumping. I said I we wanted to look at council estates to see where the empty houses were and arm ourselves with info.

No where did that say house my friends first. You just assumed that.

And Maryanne there are council estates around the town, vizzy mentioned just a few and I know of another.

What is wrong with you all that you just can't answer a question and leave it at that. Why do you think someone is trying to pull a fast one just because they have gone on social media to ask a simple question.

I am simply pointing out that you and your pal are wasting your time going looking at houses that! There is a system in place that deals with social housing. Thought I'd save ye going out in this miserable weather!

I wrote "...it is a fluid thing ..." just didn't post it properly.

At no stage did I give the impression of q jumping. I said I we wanted to look at council estates to see where the empty houses were and arm ourselves with info.

No where did that say house my friends first. You just assumed that.

And Maryanne there are council estates around the town, vizzy mentioned just a few and I know of another.

What is wrong with you all that you just can't answer a question and leave it at that. Why do you think someone is trying to pull a fast one just because they have gone on social media to ask a simple question.
    i am not being pc or inferring you were trying to pull a fast one. you gave the impression you did not know how the system works. I was trying to tell you how it works. if you want all the names of estates the council is the best place. they may have a list of them on their site?

i am not being pc or inferring you were trying to pull a fast one. you gave the impression you did not know how the system works. I was trying to tell you how it works. if you want all the names of estates the council is the best place. they may have a list of them on their site?

I'm not stupid, I know exactly how the system works and I didn't infer that I didn't know how the system works, I just wanted the names of the estates. That's all, just the names. I didn't ask anyone what to do, how to qualify, I know all this, well as best you can working with beauocracy.

Some people on here clearly can't read a post, or are just thick and want a row. I would ask the Council the names of the estates, unfortunately its Sunday and they aren't there. Nupties

I'm not stupid, I know exactly how the system works and I didn't infer that I didn't know how the system works, I just wanted the names of the estates. That's all, just the names. I didn't ask anyone what to do, how to qualify, I know all this, well as best you can working with beauocracy.

Some people on here clearly can't read a post, or are just thick and want a row. I would ask the Council the names of the estates, unfortunately its Sunday and they aren't there. Nupties

While some estates may originally have been built as council houses, in recent times, private developers built estates with a percentage of houses given over to councils for social housing. Therefore, to answer your question, there are no Council Estates in Clonmel. In an effort to avoid ghettoisation and alienation of those in need of social houses, greater integration and mixture of families is encouraged. I hope your friend finds a suitable place soon.

• Advertisement

you did. you gave the impression you could pick a house like a can of beans in the supermarket and take it to the council check out. you have no appreciation of people trying to help you
    I know all this, well as best you can working with beauocracy.
    you mean bureaucracy? You gave no indication you knew. Because you did not want to give private details you gave the impression you were trying to q jump or pick a house with no understanding of application/waiting list etc.I tried to point them out. Only later you said you did know and they had applied etc. But fine take your shopping list to the council. As my late mum used to say "i hope it keeps fine for you"

I will not try to help you again anyway as being called a nuptie is seemingly all i get:confused:

Hope your friends are not homeless but if they are see http://www.southeastsimon.ie/AboutUs/ContactUs.aspx as they may help in making representation to council. Apologies if you know this

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

this is getting good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Numpty????????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I see Boston barbers franchise opening in show grounds and Iceland reopening tomorrow. Good news all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Did your friend get sorted out ?

Jeepers, do I really want to get into this again? Had to laugh to myself at Jenny Smith saying "I will not try to help you again". Thank god for small mercys.

My friends are grand thank you. I am helping them as best I can. Hopefully they'll get sorted soon. Its tough out there for people, more demand than supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Ha ha with friends like Jenny who needs enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Can anyone recommend a radio/stereo/CD repair in Clonmel? I have a fairly good unit but it's out of guarantee, so I'd like to see if it can be fixed, rather than replaced.

Thanks!

Bump... think this got lost in HouseGate :D Any recommendations? Thanks!

Ha ha with friends like Jenny who needs enemies.

I'd prefer a friend who talks sense any day! Wouldn't it be great if it was as simple as pointing out a house and asking the Council to let you have it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

I'd prefer a friend who talks sense any day! Wouldn't it be great if it was as simple as pointing out a house and asking the Council to let you have it!

He never said that he asked a question about council estates and the high horse brigade rode into town.
    If ye were unable to address the question asked why reply.

Advertisement