Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

BUT, and I promise this will be my last word on the subject, I didn't need to know how to go about getting a house, I just wanted to know where the council estates were - the established ones, not every street in the town, or the new estates with mixed housing, just the known housing estates. If people didn't know, they needn't have posted - the other posters just assumed I didn't know the system, I just wanted info, that was all. Not a whole load of "you can't do that". When you speak to the housing department they do ask you what area would you like (depending on schools, work, etc), I just wanted information. Anyway, my friends are grand, hopefully will be sorted soon and I do appreciate the information I got.

Tipp County Council currently have 2,982 people waiting for local authority accommodation,but only 123 vacant council properties in the county...728 of that amount, are people looking for housing in Clonmel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

And where apart from a sewing shop would you expect to find cotton cord?

In the cotton cord shop where else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Any idea where I could get waist thread for joggers? (The thread which is around the waist to tighten up the joggers)
    Lost it during drying on my new joggers :(

Go into the petshop down by the friary and ask for some paracord. It's as close as you'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

You got me right.

Thanks will check out these places. Otherwise will buy penneys joggers and use the cord from it :)
    Feck sake ladies he's not looking for thread he's looking for the cord that goes in the waistband of a tracksuit.
    At least that's what I got from his post

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LFC1

anon71 wrote: »
    Anyplace in Clonmel who does an all day breakfast on Sunday apart from Rockin' Joe's?

I normally go to gavins café at planet playground in gurtnafleur business park they do breakfast all day every day, very reasonable and great breakfast, they don't open sundays until 11.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

I see the ad for the Clonmel Show. Is it worth you going to? What time does it start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

barbie1 wrote:
    I see the ad for the Clonmel Show. Is it worth you going to? What time does it start?

For the show that it is its just to much to get in. It's ok depending what your onto for a local show

Is it possible to order Pizza from Day Breaker online? Near the school

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

Is it Prego pizza in the Crescent you mean? Don't think they are online but if you FB Prego, it should give you their phone number. I think it's the same as the number they had in Irishtown.

Only thing, if he's crazy busy with customers in-store then he might not answer the phone.

I don't know if he's doing deliveries there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Yes, I rang him at the weekend to order, I collected it myself, same number as when he was in Irishtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

Can anyone recommend a good boarding kennels for dogs in the clonmel area? I was told country tails but they're booked up the weekend I'm away!

Ms. Pingui wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good boarding kennels for dogs in the clonmel area? I was told country tails but they're booked up the weekend I'm away!

Try Newpark Boarding Kennels, Clerihan. It's on the Clonmel side, just on the outskirts of Clerihan village. I can PM you their number if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Heatherhurst are very good. They are up near Careys Castle. Only about 10 kennels and each dog has his own run and is walked twice a day.(086 8216825) and the name is Siobhan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Vizzy wrote: »
    Heatherhurst are very good. They are up near Careys Castle. Only about 10 kennels and each dog has his own run and is walked twice a day.(086 8216825) and the name is Siobhan.

Is that you Siobhan? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

+ 1 for Heatherhurst

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

When people visit Mulcahy House or Mulcahy Park in Clonmel, they may bring to mind the two esteemed members of the Mulcahy Family.

General Richard Mulcahy served as a TD and Minister for the constituency of Tipperary up until 1957.

Pioneering cardiologist and anti-smoking advocate Risteard Mulcahy dies aged 94

Son of Free State general was an historian, environmentalist and founder of Irish Heart Foundation

Born in 1922, he was the son of General Richard Mulcahy, a founder member of the State, member of the first Dáil elected in 1919 and IRA chief of staff in the War of Independence

Fri, Jul 1, 2016, 14:03 Irish Times.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/pioneering-cardiologist-and-anti-smoking-advocate-risteard-mulcahy-dies-aged-94-1.2706853

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

Xenophile wrote: »
    When people visit Mulcahy House or Mulcahy Park in Clonmel, they may bring to mind the two esteemed members of the Mulcahy Family.

General Richard Mulcahy served as a TD and Minister for the constituency of Tipperary up until 1957.

Pioneering cardiologist and anti-smoking advocate Risteard Mulcahy dies aged 94

Son of Free State general was an historian, environmentalist and founder of Irish Heart Foundation

Born in 1922, he was the son of General Richard Mulcahy, a founder member of the State, member of the first Dáil elected in 1919 and IRA chief of staff in the War of Independence

Fri, Jul 1, 2016, 14:03 Irish Times.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/pioneering-cardiologist-and-anti-smoking-advocate-risteard-mulcahy-dies-aged-94-1.2706853
    I saw recently a video of the park but cannot find it now. I came across it by accident and cannot recall where. I was not on this PC so it is not in the history

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

Pity General Mulcahy was so fond of executions during his time in the Free State Government cabinet.

Expunge wrote: »
    Pity General Mulcahy was so fond of executions during his time in the Free State Government cabinet.

He was the same as many of them. West Tipperary and Kerry were the most violent places during the civil war.

Credit must be given to his son Risteard on the tremendous work he did in the area of heart disease.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Could someone tell me if powerstown racecourse is definately open again at the weekends? I need to get over there for a lap or two on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just realised the junction festival was over three weeks ago and I didnt even realise I missed it, used to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

klose wrote: »
    Just realised the junction festival was over three weeks ago and I didnt even realise I missed it, used to be good.

how could you have missed the huge rabbits and huge photo's around the town

Annual Funding 2016 - Clonmel Junction Festival-8116165515

The purpose of this programme is to strengthen and make more secure a group of key arts organisations, by contributing to both their operating and artistic programming costs. In 2016 the Arts Council awarded a total of €8,507,844 to 74 organisations.

I wonder how much of this €8,507,844 did they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

Xenophile wrote: »
    Annual Funding 2016 - Clonmel Junction Festival-8116165515

The purpose of this programme is to strengthen and make more secure a group of key arts organisations, by contributing to both their operating and artistic programming costs. In 2016 the Arts Council awarded a total of €8,507,844 to 74 organisations.

I wonder how much of this €8,507,844 did they get.
    why don't you ask the arts council

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

iceage wrote: »
    Could someone tell me if powerstown racecourse is definately open again at the weekends? I need to get over there for a lap or two on Saturday.
    yes, its only closed the weekends that something is booked in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I see there is a new restaurant opening where the steak house used to be Parkers they seem to have a few restaurants around Tipp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

klose wrote: »

It passes off every year fairly anonymously - doesn't seem to attract folk to town or even motivate locals.
    why don't you ask the arts council

This figure does get released at some point, I remember last year seeing the figure, it was substantial I thought for what is delivered - and also since it attracts lots of sponsorship and events are generally ticketed.

I also noticed (and asked here a few weeks back) had anyone noticed they are now (or maybe always had been) a registered charity - I was at a loss to figure out how this worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Festival "Cluain Meala" starts on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

F34 wrote: »
    I see there is a new restaurant opening where the steak house used to be Parkers they seem to have a few restaurants around Tipp :)

Would simple market research show that this location has been a total black spot for restaurants in the past? So many have come and gone in quick succession that I'd automatically assume this will see the same fate.

(Assuming this is the one down just past the train station. If I'm wrong please disregard :P )

Advertisement