Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am looking for scented candles with vase , for gift purposes. Visited Allen's today but didn't like it much. Any other shop in town where I could get those?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

I am looking for scented candles with vase , for gift purposes. Visited Allen's today but didn't like it much. Any other shop in town where I could get those?
    Did you try The Narrow Space on Mitchel St.?

Or The Honey Pot might have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

callaway92 wrote: »
    Would simple market research show that this location has been a total black spot for restaurants in the past? So many have come and gone in quick succession that I'd automatically assume this will see the same fate.

(Assuming this is the one down just past the train station. If I'm wrong please disregard :P )

It is the same spot lol. A well run restaurant will do well there the stake house was good in the beginning but went down hill very fast imo quality of food and of service there became very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

F34 wrote: »
    It is the same spot lol. A well run restaurant will do well there the stake house was good in the beginning but went down hill very fast imo quality of food and of service there became very poor

Parkers has a great name, and I know people who travel from Clonmel to go there. Hopefully they will keep up the good work! Clonmel is lacking decent restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is it Parkers that own the restaurant just outside of Holycross opening up? Nice to hear if so. Often go there on bank holidays etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is it Parkers that own the restaurant just outside of Holycross opening up? Nice to hear if so. Often go there on bank holidays etc.

Yes that's them seem to have a very good reputation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

they used to have some in the newsagent in market place. it is now opposite the bookshop and also opposite the cafe that closed. There are also some in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Some cars drive around Clonmel with signs saying 'Ryaners' on the back window.

Am I missing something???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Some cars drive around Clonmel with signs saying 'Ryaners' on the back window.

Am I missing something???

In respect of Aaron Ryan he passed in september last year .

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

pudzey101 wrote: »
    In respect of Aaron Ryan he passed in september last year .

Thank you, may he RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Thedarkb

Does anyone know where the Tipperary Stonethrower's rally is headed? As in, where are the stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Thedarkb wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the Tipperary Stonethrower's rally is headed? As in, where are the stages?

Ballymac area I believe. The programmes are for sale in most of the shops in town and have the maps for exactly where the stages are.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Thedarkb

Ballymac area I believe. The programmes are for sale in most of the shops in town and have the maps for exactly where the stages are.
    Thanks, I'll pick one up tomorrow, hope I can find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭davidk1394

They're out around Newcastle ballymacarby Ballynamult. First stage is at 9.39 near Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Saw this in Saturday's Irish Times - tell me it isn't so! Surely after the Main Guard fiasco architecturally important buildings in Clonmel are being better looked after? :(

tumblr_n5bt8fdVXr1rudp66o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I remember this as Loughmans (pronounced Lukemans) chemist back in the 70,s when I worked in Kennys as a young lad, even then stepping inside was like stepping back in time.
    I remember a very quiet spoken man behind the counter.

Sad indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

mikeymouse wrote: »
    From what I hear, and its all second hand stuff... The owners who are elderly, dont have an interest in getting the shop refurbished. I agree its a shame to see it like this, and having passed it a few time and being nosey, the inside is pretty much as it was left. One of the few if only example of "Old Ireland" in Clonmel.

At the end of the day, the owners have the last say on what happens. From what I've heard, plenty of offers were made to the owners to help refurbish it. Unfortunately we have to respect the owners decision.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Annual Funding 2016 - Clonmel Junction Festival-8116165515

The purpose of this programme is to strengthen and make more secure a group of key arts organisations, by contributing to both their operating and artistic programming costs. In 2016 the Arts Council awarded a total of €8,507,844 to 74 organisations.

I wonder how much of this €8,507,844 did they get.
    90,000 scroll down at http://www.artscouncil.ie/funding-decisions/?&Fund=Annual%20funding&Year=2016#search

• Advertisement

Where is clonmel graveyard, is that the cemetary on the waterford road? nationalist says a dog was killed there or killed and dumped there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Where is clonmel graveyard, is that the cemetary on the waterford road? nationalist says a dog was killed there or killed and dumped there

They actually reported on a dog being killed near a graveyard. Breaking news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

They actually reported on a dog being killed near a graveyard. Breaking news

I would think cruelty to a poor defenceless animal is news and I hope whoever did it rots in hell.
    There are plenty other stuff going on in the cemetery all by the same community that dumped the poor dog. I won't hold my breath waiting for anything to be done about it.

Yes, St Patrick's graveyard on the Waterford rd.

That's according to the Nationalist.

"in a corner of the graveyard, near a gate leading into a field beside Comeragh cottage"

I would think cruelty to a poor defenceless animal is news and I hope whoever did it rots in hell.
    There are plenty other stuff going on in the cemetery all by the same community that dumped the poor dog. I won't hold my breath waiting for anything to be done about it.

Unfortunately you are probably correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

pretty sure alot of us have an idea who it was been it a greyhound/whippet type dog . apparently shot in the head

Well done to all involved with the Clonmel Busking Festival.
    18.700 euro raised for Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Why aren't planning objections on competition grounds not thrown out of An Bord Pleanala? Quigleys Bakery & Coffee house are trying to open a new outlet in the Exhibition House beside Heatons. The building is going to get a much needed revamp. Tipperary county council gave the go ahead and now O Gormans bakery have objected against it. This shouldn't be allowed. The objection is definitely based on competition grounds. Obviously they don't have enough faith in there own store to deal with a new competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Maymack wrote: »
    Why aren't planning objections on competition grounds not thrown out of An Bord Pleanala? Quigleys Bakery & Coffee house are trying to open a new outlet in the Exhibition House beside Heatons. The building is going to get a much needed revamp. Tipperary county council gave the go ahead and now O Gormans bakery have objected against it. This shouldn't be allowed. The objection is definitely based on competition grounds. Obviously they don't have enough faith in there own store to deal with a new competitor.

A good location for a coffee shop. A choice of coffee shops on the Main Street in Clonmel is to be welcomed !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Do we know what O'Gormans objected to and maybe An Bord Pleanala will throw it out. I'm not a lover of O'Gorman's, too dark and dingy for my tastes but depending on their objection, surely a local business or person is allowed to make an objection to a planning objection? If its a spurious objection then I'd be making them foot any costs.

Advertisement