Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

tippspur wrote: »
    Fair enough thanks,where are Clonmel Healthcare situated then?

Both on the same site AFAIK. Just that the company split in two. Don't know the full history, but the CH part is still alive and kicking anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

cml387 wrote: »
    I notice lights on in the old Arramount (Proably the Best Furniture in Ireland:rolleyes:) warehouse near the Cashel Road Roundabout. Anyone know if someone's moving in?

The word is Andy Fanning motor factors from Cahir has bought the building and is coming to Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

iceage wrote:
    The word is Andy Fanning motor factors from Cahir has bought the building and is coming to Town.

I certainly hope that's true.
    He has an excellent shop in Chair, can usually be relied upon to come up with the goods when others can't.

Good luck to him if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Does anyone know if the E Z Living place has opened in the Poppyfields yet? Its been saying "opening soon" for a good few months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Does anyone know if the E Z Living place has opened in the Poppyfields yet? Its been saying "opening soon" for a good few months now.

It's open alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Lads anyone know of someone reputable for fixing motorcycles ? i know a good few car mechanics but 0 bike ones . thanks .

Doesnt have to be in clonmel but closer the better for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Fella out in Ardfinnan seems to be very popular with bikers,can't think of his name right now though,could be Mahony,I'll find out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Lads anyone know of someone reputable for fixing motorcycles ? i know a good few car mechanics but 0 bike ones . thanks .

Doesnt have to be in clonmel but closer the better for me

As tippspur says there is Ritchie O Mahoney in Ardfinnan ( a real "bikers biker")
    Highly regarded.
    In Clonmel there is Clonmel Motorcycles up in the Ard Gaoithe Business Park( also very good)

What do you need done ? What bike ?
    There are a few "backyard" guys who I could recommend also

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Guards found the person who crashed into my car in mary street. Delighted but surprised to get a result.

lollsangel wrote: »
    Guards found the person who crashed into my car in mary street. Delighted but surprised to get a result.

Excellent. I understand your surprise but sometimes things work out.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

An autofactors shop going in near Top Part that should be interesting!

I think Clonmel motorcycles are gone from Ard Gaoithe, I was up that way recently and it looked closed up but I wasn't near enough to see if they'd shut down or moved somewhere else or just closed for holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

julyjane wrote: »
    An autofactors shop going in near Top Part that should be interesting

Another auto factors?? There will be 3 in there then.. must be plenty of business around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

Sunday World has Clonmel Arms heroin hotel on front page. Inside 2 page report including photos of the woman - whose brother does there from OD- inside the hotel

Major heroin problem in south Tipp they say

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Sunday World has Clonmel Arms heroin hotel on front page. Inside 2 page report including photos of the woman - whose brother does there from OD- inside the hotel

They say it about nearly every town at this point though.....its hard to believe, or maybe I'm just very disconnected?

lollsangel wrote: »
    They say it about nearly every town at this point though.....its hard to believe, or maybe I'm just very disconnected?
    I don't know. Hotel is in some mess though.

I've seen some photos on Facebook taken inside the hotel. It's a crying shame that it was allowed get in this condition. It's been known to be a haven for drug users for some time now.

Who is to blame?
    The owners of the building?
    The Local Authority who decide planning?
    The drug suppliers?
    Or, the drug users themselves?

Drug abuse is a problem in every town and village in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Yes and unfortunately Clonmel is suffering as most towns it's size are. I think the drug problem is a lot bigger than people realise.

We need more Gardai to try and tackle the problem but the lid is very much off at the moment.

I've seen some photos on Facebook taken inside the hotel. It's a crying shame that it was allowed get in this condition. It's been known to be a haven for drug users for some time now.

Who is to blame?
    The owners of the building?
    The Local Authority who decide planning?
    The drug suppliers?
    Or, the drug users themselves?

The world has a photo of the girl in the hotel. her brother died there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

She was trying to get the photos reported and get them taken down off Facebook, although I think it is the public interest to see what a state of disrepair the place has fallen into. Hopefully the article will kick the council and the Guards to do something about it!

She probably agreed to take part in order to raise awareness of the scourge in our midst.

• Advertisement

She probably agreed to take part in order to raise awareness of the scourge in our midst.
    That's what i meant she is featured in the article. Another girl says he tried to kill herself last xmas day and was saved by her dealer as far as i recall, the other girl is on drink and prescription meds.

Personally I don't see how having anything published in the papers about this unfortunate incident is going to help anyone.

cml387 wrote: »
    Personally I don't see how having anything published in the papers about this unfortunate incident is going to help anyone.
    Not in that rag anyway. she seems to want to highlight it. I do not see much point people know the danger of heroin but still take it just as young people know danger of cigarettes but smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Gamestop closed for good or just for refurbishment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Big refurb going on in there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Refurb or not, surely it's only a matter of time for Gamestop? Direct downloads are becoming increasingly popular and their game prices are anything but competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've noticed a few of them being refurbished!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

A nice gentleman visited my house now to play this lottery to help irish veterans. It was only 2 euro so i played. But my friends are saying many of them are fake.
    Please see attached receipt that i got. Any idea if they are genuine people?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

A nice gentleman visited my house now to play this lottery to help irish veterans. It was only 2 euro so i played. But my friends are saying many of them are fake.
    Please see attached receipt that i got. Any idea if they are genuine people?

2l9rvjn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

My father in law is a member of the iunva in clonmel and I've often bought the lottery tickets from him (even won a few bob on occasions) and that seems to be the same as the tickets I've got in the past so seems legit.

Advertisement