Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Anyone remember the name of new fish n chips place at Poppy field? Do they have online site to check the menu?

its called red herring seafood. i think they are on facebook :) heard its well worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone remember the name of new fish n chips place at Poppy field? Do they have online site to check the menu?

Red Herring. I don't have a menu but their fish and chips is absolutely excellent. Number is 052 6124702.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Red Herring. I don't have a menu but their fish and chips is absolutely excellent. Number is 052 6124702.

Is it expensive?

Is it expensive?

No not overly. 10eu ish for a good sized portion if I remember correctly.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    No not overly. 10eu ish for a good sized portion if I remember correctly.

Thanks. I'm not from Clonmel and saw it before Christmas when I was in the Poppyfields. From the distance I thought it was Red Herring the clothes that are in Debenhams was their and I only noticed it was s resteraunt/take away when we were driving out! Wasn't sure of the price range!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Going to give it a go tomorrow - good to have a bit of choice locally

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Let us know how it was. Enjoy
    Going to give it a go tomorrow - good to have a bit of choice locally

Just to follow up on this - they now have a Facebook page with a full menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Wow the menu looks great, I'd say I'd love anything on it except for the Mackerel or Green curry mussels. I like my mussels plain enough, with just white wine and onion stock. Have never tried green curry, maybe I would like it but it'd seem a bit overpowering for mussels.
    Prices are pretty reasonable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aimeeabsinthe

Does anyone know of someone who travels from Clonmel to Limerick? I have to travel for college as I can't find a place to live in Castletroy and have two days with 9am lectures. The earliest bus is 8.35. It would be for Wednesday and Friday. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Any idea what's going into the site at the old Slater's printing works down in Davis road that was demolished a while back,it's been idle for a good while but iv'e seen diggers in there this week and looks like they're doing foundations.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Sureprint are building a new premises at the old Slater printing site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Maymack wrote: »
    Sureprint are building a new premises at the old Slater printing site
    Fair play,business must be going well for them,parking will be easier for customers down there aswell i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I believe a tapas restaurant is going into the old auctioneers building on the corner of Parnell St and Nelson St.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

did you notice the poster of a girl and on the poster it says opening soon, it's catchy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

cml387 wrote: »
    I believe a tapas restaurant is going into the old auctioneers building on the corner of Parnell St and Nelson St.

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Does anyone know of someone who travels from Clonmel to Limerick? I have to travel for college as I can't find a place to live in Castletroy and have two days with 9am lectures. The earliest bus is 8.35. It would be for Wednesday and Friday. Thanks!

When I went to UL, a fair few students lived in the city or in accommodation near the Parkway. While it still meant you needed to get a bus (or else bring a bike?) it might be an option to consider if Castletroy has nothing? Driving or bussing it from Clonmel daily seems a nightmare....!

Anyone know the name of new store opening in the Showgrounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Maymack wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of new store opening in the Showgrounds?

Which unit is it going into?

Don't know. They posted new store coming soon on their Facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I can tell ye It's taking up 2 decent size units beside Iceland the one where they have hosted the market day type events and the one that used to be the shoe store. It's a discount superstore anyway I think EuroGiant but can't confirm that for definite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

I see some people working in the Xtravision shop..Anyone know whats happening there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I see some people working in the Xtravision shop..Anyone know whats happening there?

The whole of market place seems to be getting a bit of a spring clean so hopefully there are new tenants being lined up.
    A lot of the empty shops are being cleared out and all the shopfronts were pwer washed last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnnyBoyMcCan

I made a thread about this just now, but does anyone know someone who commutes from Clonmel to the MSD plant? I just moved here for a job, and was hoping to get a rideshare with someone. I can throw some money there way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

I can tell ye It's taking up 2 decent size units beside Iceland the one where they have hosted the market day type events and the one that used to be the shoe store. It's a discount superstore anyway I think EuroGiant but can't confirm that for definite.

I think the 2 4 6 8 shop wasin the shoe shop part at one stage? Would EuroGiant be something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Another pound shop? Yay

I think the 2 4 6 8 shop wasin the shoe shop part at one stage? Would EuroGiant be something like that?

Isn't their a Euro Giant already on the Main Street!

Hi! Can anybody give me advice about parking in the Showgrounds! I'm planning on paying a visit today but want to nip into Larry O Keffee's for a few minutes. Would I be okay to park their or would they clamp me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

cml387 wrote: »
    Another pound shop? Yay

Or an empty unit filled providing work and footfall to the centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Hi! Can anybody give me advice about parking in the Showgrounds! I'm planning on paying a visit today but want to nip into Larry O Keffee's for a few minutes. Would I be okay to park their or would they clamp me?

No, will be fine.
    AFAIK there is no clamping in the Showgrounds unless you leave the car overnight.

Advertisement