Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great to have a park run at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Great news about the parkrun, looking forward to it starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Anyone recommend a general gardener to have a look at my lawn thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Cheers guys re parkrun, we are excited to finally get it off the ground! We need volunteers so please sign up to the Facebook page if you are in a position to lend a hand

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is the JJ Kavanagh bus the only other way of getting to Clonmel of bus eireann go on strike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Well done Sillymoo. I looked at it last year but life took over. I would volunteer to help, but how do I do that on the FB page?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I was in Uncle Mikes today buying dog food and the place looked gutted, it really hit me as I frequented Uncle Mikes all my life.

I've lost count of all the animals and stuff I've gotten there over the years.

I was shocked to hear it was closing, didn't see or hear it coming, it was only confirmed when I checked the facebook page, a real shame but I genuinely wish him well and hope he recovers.

+1
    I bought a (black) goldfish in there and a mixed colours one, the mixed colours lived to about 8/9 years, and the black one lived 13 years or so !
    +1 for my little boy.. First thing after I've parked up the car, he'd go over to check on Marcus. He's not technically a monkey but the name won't come to me now.
    That big fat yellow snake down the back gives me the goosebumps.
    With the mall closed, that area is getting a bit of a knock.
    I used to love Midget there..Well before the big crash of '08 :)

I wasn't too fond of seeing Marcus tbh, I know there was a story attached to him, but I felt a window wasn't really the place for him.

I loved Midget too ! It was a big loss when it went, I didn't like the other gift places half as much. I loved the Mall, wasn't it great when there was the cd shop, and the breakfast place* there ?

Although at that time the breakfast place I preferred was The Red Rose Café near the Post House. Best breakfast in Clonmel.

* or was it ? Was it just a chipper maybe ?

Well done Sillymoo. I looked at it last year but life took over. I would volunteer to help, but how do I do that on the FB page?

Click on the link to the Facebook page I posted and apply to join 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is the JJ Kavanagh bus the only other way of getting to Clonmel of bus eireann go on strike?

Depends on where you are coming from :) You can land in Clonmel by train 4 times a day Monday to Saturday.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Depends on where you are coming from :) You can land in Clonmel by train 4 times a day Monday to Saturday.

Aren't trains coming out too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Clip about Clonmel in 1967 from the RTE archives:

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2017/0228/856053-times-changing-in-clonmel/

Aren't trains coming out too?

Yes, there are no trains based in Clonmel.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

marvin80 wrote: »
    Clip about Clonmel in 1967 from the RTE archives:

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2017/0228/856053-times-changing-in-clonmel/
    None of the clips on that RTE Archive site seem to work for me.?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

tippspur wrote: »

The site doesn't display the video if it detects an ad-blocker. They'll want an internet licence fee next. If you don't have an ad-blocker, give a different browser a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

It shows for me ok using Chrome.

Demolishing the West Gate is an example of the same mindset that wanted to demolish the Clonmel Arms and build a multistory, with half empty car parks all around the town centre.

Qreq wrote: »
    The site doesn't display the video if it detects an ad-blocker. They'll want an internet licence fee next. If you don't have an ad-blocker, give a different browser a shot.
    That's probably the reason I can't view anything on it cos I have Ad Block on,I read recently that RTE are considering bringing in a system where you would have to submit your TV Licence number to view anything on RTE 1 or RTE 2 player,no licence no view.

I read recently that RTE are considering bringing in a system where you would have to submit your TV Licence number to view anything on RTE 1 or RTE 2 player,no licence no view.

I'd like them to require the licence number to view scrambled RTE channels on tv too. The number of people who'd pay €160 to unscramble those channels would then accurately reflect demand and their deserved funding rather than the current system of assuming everyone is interested; even the ones they threaten to take to court, fine, and jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

marvin80 wrote: »

He sold us our first house. A thorough gentleman. May he Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/home/241559/dismay-as-bus-eireann-to-axe-x7-expressway-servicing-kilkenny.html

So the X7 is to go on April 2nd- my reading of it is they want to make a big saving by closing the Clonmel base and transfer the staff to Waterford.
    I live in Kilkenny and we have truly atrocious TDs just now ego are so lazy and out of the loop it's painful. There's provably not much better in Tipperary to stabs up for this service.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    So the X7 is to go on April 2nd...

Here's Kavanagh's Clonmel to Dublin and Dublin to Clonmel timetables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

road_high wrote: »
    http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/home/241559/dismay-as-bus-eireann-to-axe-x7-expressway-servicing-kilkenny.html

So the X7 is to go on April 2nd- my reading of it is they want to make a big saving by closing the Clonmel base and transfer the staff to Waterford.
    I live in Kilkenny and we have truly atrocious TDs just now ego are so lazy and out of the loop it's painful. There's provably not much better in Tipperary to stabs up for this service.

The TDs in Kilkenny saved your psychiatric services and army barracks ours closed both.

https://www.facebook.com/Clonmel-parkrun-780370075447147/

Official Facebook page for Clonmel Parkrun in Powerstown Racecourse. We are hoping to have it up and running by early summer. Please spread the word and volunteer!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭All in all

Hi - does anyone have details or recommend a cleaner in Clonmel for a one off clean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 YattaYenta

Anybody here happen to know the best place for phone repairs in or around Clonmel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Anyone could recommend a good tyre checking place in the town?
    I feel there maybe a "slow puncture" and want to get it checked. It's a tubeless tyre.
    Last time i went to a place and they made 2 deep dents on the alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Deiseland

I feel there maybe a "slow puncture" and want to get it checked. It's a tubeless tyre.

Comeragh tyres down behind texaco down Waterford road. Nice helpful lads working their more than willing to help. And they don't cost a fortune like some garages in town.

It could be a question that the wheel is leaking, most can be fixed with a good sealer. I recommend that you go to Gleesons in Cahir and tell them the full story !

It could be a question that the wheel is leaking, most can be fixed with a good sealer. I recommend that you go to Gleesons in Cahir and tell them the full story !

Commeragh are also good. They are owned by Dillons, ask for Andy Dillon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Commeragh are also good. They are owned by Dillons, ask for Andy Dillon.

If you go down to Comeragh, don't bother asking for Andy cos he doesn't work there.
    Eddie is the boss man there.

Advertisement