Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Anyone could recommend a good tyre checking place in the town?
    I feel there maybe a "slow puncture" and want to get it checked. It's a tubeless tyre.
    Last time i went to a place and they made 2 deep dents on the alloys.

It's just a puncture. Probably something embedded in the tyre. Any tyre fitter will find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Deiseland

Vizzy wrote: »
    If you go down to Comeragh, don't bother asking for Andy cos he doesn't work there.
    Eddie is the boss man there.

The other lad that works there is sound. Always very honest and helpful to me when I go down. won't put on tyres unless needed and gives good advice. Not like some places they just tell you that 4 tyres need replacing when they don't

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks everyone. So comeragh tyres is good.

How about Advance Pitstop at cashel roundabout?

Is there possibility that its a puncture given it takes 3-4 days to loose 3-4 psi? I was suspecting malfunctioned TPMS.
    cml387 wrote: »
    It's just a puncture. Probably something embedded in the tyre. Any tyre fitter will find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Gleesons in Cahir are dear for tyres, if you needed to buy a new one. Avoid advance. They'll just offer you a "free" safety check, and then tell you you need new brake pads and discs, and try to extort a fortune from you. There's a place opposite parkers, Clonmel tyres, and I've always found them good

• Advertisement

jlm29 wrote: »
    Gleesons in Cahir are dear for tyres, if you needed to buy a new one. Avoid advance. They'll just offer you a "free" safety check, and then tell you you need new brake pads and discs, and try to extort a fortune from you. There's a place opposite parkers, Clonmel tyres, and I've always found them good

I priced tyres in clonmel tyres once and got them €10 a corner cheaper down in Comeragh tyres. € 40 is a good saving. Better in my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

All in all wrote: »
    Hi - does anyone have details or recommend a cleaner in Clonmel for a one off clean?

I've heard a company in Fethard called Cleanrite are very good. I often see their van in other towns so they have a good reputation

Deiseland wrote: »
    I priced tyres in clonmel tyres once and got them €10 a corner cheaper down in Comeragh tyres. € 40 is a good saving. Better in my pocket

True enough! actually the last time I got tyres I got them in tipp tyres because they were so much cheaper than everywhere else!

Ok cool. Where is this Clonmel tyres shop now? And do they do repairs too?
    jlm29 wrote: »
    True enough! actually the last time I got tyres I got them in tipp tyres because they were so much cheaper than everywhere else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

Vizzy wrote: »
    If you go down to Comeragh, don't bother asking for Andy cos he doesn't work there.
    Eddie is the boss man there.

I always go to Eddie..Sound man!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I always go to Eddie..Sound man!!!

Yes you are right Eddie Dillon is the boss man and he is very sound.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I read somewhere on Facebook that their was going to be a new tenant in The Showgrounds. Is this Eurogiant or something else?

Ok cool. Where is this Clonmel tyres shop now? And do they do repairs too?

Clonmel tyres is across the road from parkers, up a small lane way. I'm sure they do repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

I read somewhere on Facebook that their was going to be a new tenant in The Showgrounds. Is this Eurogiant or something else?

There are planning notices on display in the empty units between the two entrances. They say there'll be a restaurant with takeaway and outdoor seating If I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Did Sports Savers shop in the Showgrounds close down all of a sudden the other day??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

tippspur wrote: »
    Did Sports Savers shop in the Showgrounds close down all of a sudden the other day??

They did, being blunt they were at nothing for a long while sad to see all the same. Can't be fully sure but heard the staff were told on surprise Thurs evening that was that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

All of the SportSavers shops have closed down and have been winding down for months in Waterford & Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I see the town has a new music shop open where Barrett's was in the narrow street. Great to see another open as the loss of Premier Music was felt by a lot of people. The new shop is called Music Minds and has Paschal from Premier Music working there.

I see the town has a new music shop open where Barrett's was in the narrow street. Great to see another open as the loss of Premier Music was felt by a lot of people. The new shop is called Music Minds and has Paschal from Premier Music working there.

Best of Luck to them. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Right Price Tyres in Texaco Davis road are cheapest in town. The staff are very helpful & will not change a tyre that doesn't need to be changed.

• Advertisement

The TDs in Kilkenny saved your psychiatric services and army barracks ours closed both.

And are also fighting tooth and nail to stop Waterford's annexation. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I see we will soon be able to pay for parking through an app. The parking signs are currently being updated

I went to Clonmel tyres. It was a slow puncture. Fixed it nicely and charged tenner only. I recommend him.
    Maymack wrote: »
    Right Price Tyres in Texaco Davis road are cheapest in town. The staff are very helpful & will not change a tyre that doesn't need to be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Anyone know if the track around Clonmel racecourse is open late again or is still closed at 4.30 for walking/running?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Heard Coolmore bought Marlfield House and land around it. Hopefully they will develop it as a hotel which was originally planned by the Kent family few years ago.
    It would be a great benefit for Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dcorcaigh

Heard Coolmore bought Marlfield House and land around it. Hopefully they will develop it as a hotel which was originally planned by the Kent family few years ago.

thats a pity if its true, i cant see them developing it, they only want the land to supply the stud farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I think that they have it for a while now.

Hopefully they wont bulldoze every ditch and tree out of it when they develop it like they have done on much of the other land that they have bought (btw the original idea that the Kent family had was to develop a golf course with a hotel on site)

They have that land bought since last year and can't or wouldn't deal with owner of marifield house. So they already have the land set in crops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Can't see that golf course and hotel ever going ahead no matter who buys the land. The house apparently needs huge investment to bring it up to scrach for any sort of a hotel and there isn't enough money in golf any more. At least Coolmore will maintain the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭klose

If you walk out by some of the fields by there you can see some of the man made lakes for the golf course planned years ago. Marlifield house has people put up in there for differing reasons don't they?

Advertisement