Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

I was in the recycling centre in carrigeen today and there was a notice in the window titled "new price list effective 1st May 2017" and I'd imagine the only way is up so if you have a lot to get rid of it would be worth trying to get up there tomorrow. I don't know if they're open Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

julyjane wrote: »
    I was in the recycling centre in carrigeen today and there was a notice in the window titled "new price list effective 1st May 2017" and I'd imagine the only way is up so if you have a lot to get rid of it would be worth trying to get up there tomorrow. I don't know if they're open Saturday

The Nationalist says the increases are:

A bag of refuse will increase from €4 to €5.

A bag of dry recyclables - €0.75 to €1

Roll of recyclable bags - €1 to €1.50.

Bulky item - €10 to €12.

Single bed mattress - €10 to €12

Double bed mattress - €15 to €18

Metal per tonne - €38.59 to €40

Garden waste per tonne - €95 to €80

Plaster board per tonne - €95 to €200

Car trailer of recyclables - €16 to €18

Residual waste per tonne - €181.60 to €200

Loading residual waste per tonne - €10 to €12

Loading dry recyclables - €60 per load (12 tonne) to €10 per tonne.

The opening hours according to the council are:

Tuesday – Thursday: 8.30 – 16.30
    Friday: 8.30 – 15.30
    Saturday: 8.30 – 16.30
    Sunday & Monday: Closed
    Closed daily from 12:30pm to 1:00pm for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Does anyone know how much it is to dispose of bulky items in clonmel waste?

jlm29 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much it is to dispose of bulky items in clonmel waste?

Clonmel Waste's site doesn't list prices, but here's their phone and email.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Spotted a shared link on Facebook that says that Raheen House has been named as one of the best breakfasts in Ireland. Does anyone know if you can just walk in there for food or if it's for residents only?

Irish Sun Link

Five-star hotel: The Merrion, Dublin
    Highly commended: Culloden Estate & Spa, Belfast and The Europe Hotel & Resort, Killarney

Four-star hotel: Ballynahinch Castle, Recess, Co Galway
    Highly commended: The Mustard Seed, Ballingarry and Galgorm Resort & Spa, Ballymena

Three-star hotel: Gougane Barra Hotel, Macroom, Co Cork
    Highly commended: Killeen House Hotel, Killarney and Raheen House Hotel, Clonmel

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    Spotted a shared link on Facebook that says that Raheen House has been named as one of the best breakfasts in Ireland. Does anyone know if you can just walk in there for food or if it's for residents only?

Irish Sun Link

Five-star hotel: The Merrion, Dublin
    Highly commended: Culloden Estate & Spa, Belfast and The Europe Hotel & Resort, Killarney

Four-star hotel: Ballynahinch Castle, Recess, Co Galway
    Highly commended: The Mustard Seed, Ballingarry and Galgorm Resort & Spa, Ballymena

Three-star hotel: Gougane Barra Hotel, Macroom, Co Cork
    Highly commended: Killeen House Hotel, Killarney and Raheen House Hotel, Clonmel

I can't vouch for their breakfasts, but their Sunday Lunch is hard to beat!

Ponster wrote: »

The hotel's site says residents and visitors are okay:

"Our team of chefs carefully craft culinary creations for the enjoyment of residents and visitors to the hotel. An intimate table for two are [sic] a group of ten will get the same high standard of food and service. Dietary requirements such as gluten, dairy or salt free are available on request."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Raheen House.

Always sure of a friendlly welcome, whether business or pleasure, in summer lovely on the patio or in the drawing room looking towards the gardens.

Enjoy a good coffee with a nice scone with cream and jam, in absolute bliss.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

a fantastic venue for a coffee with friends, for lunch or for a family event.
    Always a warm welcome, friendly staff and great food.
    Highly recommend it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭touts

Been there a few times. Generally very good especially food wise. However if you are booking an evening meal in the restaurant at weekends you should ask if there is a function in the function room. There is only a plasterboard partition between the restaurant and the function room and the speaker's tend to be plugged in against that wall. So if there is an event (wedding, communion, 21st) with loud music in the function room then you won't be able to hear yourself think in the restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭cml387

Clonmel library opening featured on RTE archive webpage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Roughly how long would it take to walk from the Showgrounds to the Hospital?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Gael23 wrote: »

30 mins max.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

30 mins max.

30 mins about right, allow a few minutes to climb steep hill.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

25 min till the main hospital entrance. 5 min to walk up the hill in the hospital grounds. Bit of huffing and puffing!
    Gael23 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Did anyone Sharp eyed notice the new Lidi ad..
    one ad is the Clonmel store:)

copy1 wrote: »
    Did anyone Sharp eyed notice the new Lidi ad..
    one ad is the Clonmel store:)

There is a couple from Clonmel taking part in the campaign i think. . A Supermarket gogglebox if you wish. Cringefest

I was in Lidl on one of the the days they were filming.
    On the way out I had to sign a release in case I was on film, and I got a 5 euro voucher. So did Mrs CML. So we gained 10 euro from the whole operation. Thank you Lidl.

The camera was set up in a cardboard box in front of the trolley.

I'm not in the film by the way.

Has anyone ever used cahir hygiene services? Any reviews? I'm looking for a once off good clean of our house, I just haven't got time at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

cml387 wrote: »
    I was in Lidl on one of the the days they were filming.
    On the way out I had to sign a release in case I was on film, and I got a 5 euro voucher...
    Just in case you weren't with Mrs CML? :p

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭cluelessx2

I used cahir hygiene services for a few weeks for a weekly house clean. I was promised all sorts of wonderful, it was going to take a few weeks to cover my house as it was only a short weekly visit and that I was going to get the deep clean, but it would ultimately be just maintenance cleaning. What I found was that unless I was really specific I was generally disappointed. The sales pitch sounds great, but wasn't delivered. For example, I was asked to give priority to cleaning so I said the front hall and the kitchen. I had hung a picture in the hall so there were drill shavings on the floor. For two visits until I specifically requested they clean this up. (Yes I could have done it myself and yes I'm a terrible housekeeper so didn't). It wasn't that obscure so even if the entire floor was hoovered it would have been caught. The sink was never once washed (pet peeve of mine). I have many examples, but basically when I was very specific and said I want this, this and this done it was pretty ok, but not what I would expect. And they are incredibly expensive for a mediocre service.

cluelessx2 wrote: »
    I used cahir hygiene services for a few weeks for a weekly house clean. I was promised all sorts of wonderful, it was going to take a few weeks to cover my house as it was only a short weekly visit and that I was going to get the deep clean, but it would ultimately be just maintenance cleaning. What I found was that unless I was really specific I was generally disappointed. The sales pitch sounds great, but wasn't delivered. For example, I was asked to give priority to cleaning so I said the front hall and the kitchen. I had hung a picture in the hall so there were drill shavings on the floor. For two visits until I specifically requested they clean this up. (Yes I could have done it myself and yes I'm a terrible housekeeper so didn't). It wasn't that obscure so even if the entire floor was hoovered it would have been caught. The sink was never once washed (pet peeve of mine). I have many examples, but basically when I was very specific and said I want this, this and this done it was pretty ok, but not what I would expect. And they are incredibly expensive for a mediocre service.

Thanks for this, it's very helpful. I wondered about cost alright. To a company like this, I would expect to pay a premium, but I wouldnt mind as a one off if I was getting the job done properly and painlessly. I think I'll just make a list and tackle the jobs one by one myself!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

jlm29 wrote: »
    Thanks for this, it's very helpful. I wondered about cost alright. To a company like this, I would expect to pay a premium, but I wouldnt mind as a one off if I was getting the job done properly and painlessly. I think I'll just make a list and tackle the jobs one by one myself!

I haven't done it down here but I did up in Dublin once. Got a company told them exactly what I wanted done in one day and in fairness to them, they sent 3 people in, house was immaculate afterwards, well worth the money.

It did cost me about 350 at the time I think. Absolutely worth it though, oven and all was gleaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Does anyone know anywhere or somebody in clonmel that does CCTV home security cameras in clonmel ?

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere or somebody in clonmel that does CCTV home security cameras in clonmel ?

Hall alarms are the experts in this field.

Hall alarms are the experts in this field.

Thanks cml , where abouts are they located ? one of the buisness centres im guessing

Thanks cml , where abouts are they located ? one of the buisness centres im guessing

Gortnafleur, near the racecourse (but you know that).

I don't think they'll be cheap though.

Just to declare an interest i know the original owners well, but they are a professional outfit and do a lot of work all over Tipp, as you'll see from the number of alarm boxes with their name on it.

Gortnafleur, near the racecourse (but you know that).

I don't think they'll be cheap though.

Just to declare an interest i know the original owners well, but they are a professional outfit and do a lot of work all over Tipp, as you'll see from the number of alarm boxes with their name on it.

Would have went to carigeen business park tomorrow if you didnt say gortnafleur :D its just a front and back camera for the house (want the extra security when not home) thanks bud i taught they only done commercial alarms , will call tomorrow :)

Would have went to carigeen business park tomorrow if you didnt say gortnafleur :D its just a front and back camera for the house (want the extra security when not home) thanks bud i taught they only done commercial alarms , will call tomorrow :)

If you are handy with a drill, running cables and the internet you buy your own camera setup (yale do one for example) and it will allow you monitor your gaff from your mobile phone anywhere in the world. It has a hard disk for recording, infra red for nighttime and two cameras for about 500 euro.
    Running the cables is that hard part though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Muinter are excellent and I can't fault them I use them for both business and home and they are very professional

Advertisement