Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What's the restaurant in the Showgrounds called? It used to be Eddie Rockets one time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Gael23 wrote: »
    What's the restaurant in the Showgrounds called? It used to be Eddie Rockets one time

Rockin Joes

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Gael23 wrote: »

Rockin' Joe's!(It's basically the same thing)

Rockin' Joe's!(It's basically the same thing)

Whats the story here? Is the owner of Rockin Joes is a former Eddie Rockets multi-franchisee ?

Whats the story here? Is the owner of Rockin Joes is a former Eddie Rockets multi-franchisee ?

This article sort of explains it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/eddie-rocket-s-lawsuit-settled-for-250-000-1.1569824

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,589 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya there was a big lawsuit where he bought out a lot of the Eddie Rockets, called them Rockin' Joes and kept their staff etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is there a good watch shop in town where I could shorten the wristwatch links? Watch is slighlty loose and want to get rid of 2 links.

Is there a good watch shop in town where I could shorten the wristwatch links? Watch is slighlty loose and want to get rid of 2 links.

Duggans in Mitchell Street.

Duggans got expensive watches.
    Are they going to charge me lots?
    Duggans in Mitchell Street.

No not in my experience anyway.

• Advertisement

What's Red Herring like (in the Poppyfields)?

Going for dinner with the Mother and Father tonight. Is it more of a 'fish & chip shop' takeaway feel or is it a proper restaurant?

Looking forward to it but hoping it's a decent restaurant setting. No website is a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

callaway92 wrote: »

Going for dinner with the Mother and Father tonight. Is it more of a 'fish & chip shop' takeaway feel or is it a proper restaurant?

Looking forward to it but hoping it's a decent restaurant setting. No website is a bit odd.

I've been there twice. It's fish'n'chips but done well.

There's no licence but you can BYOB provided you pay a minimum amount (about two dinners worth if I recall).

I would say it's a quick proper restaurant. Not posh but interior and food is class.
    I have been there good few times. Price is very good. They have a Facebook page.

Cheers lads, looking forward to it.

Sick of the same restaurants the whole time so it's nice for a change anyway. I'll report back!

Have to say I enjoyed it.

Got the grilled Cod myself which was v. nice. The big difference to eating in a normal place is the fact that you don't feel ****ty coming out of there. I was full, but a healthy full.

I'd worry about how quiet they were mind you. It's very niche so it's an awkward one. You'd never get parties etc coming in there I'd say. Maybe they do well with takeaways?

Have to say I enjoyed it.

Got the grilled Cod myself which was v. nice. The big difference to eating in a normal place is the fact that you don't feel ****ty coming out of there. I was full, but a healthy full.

I'd worry about how quiet they were mind you. It's very niche so it's an awkward one. You'd never get parties etc coming in there I'd say. Maybe they do well with takeaways?

Do they do other than fish? I hate fish but Hubby lo ves it.

Do they do other than fish? I hate fish but Hubby lo ves it.

Don't think they did when I was there.

16265523_193884124418898_6764681272293397932_n.jpg?oh=2c32e1650bffc4ec39983acc5aa8a5f9&oe=59AC2861

18268603_248186948988615_6301340145056637475_n.jpg?oh=81a91ebaff78404805fd3011ad818607&oe=59B15D64

18301421_248186785655298_7275794857097902576_n.jpg?oh=2e6380b939aaa0f4b1a927b003f92771&oe=597D2EC2

18268179_248186978988612_2420458810683257377_n.jpg?oh=4dcf0d90340d05db4b8f572a7c50f165&oe=59BA5032

It was all fish bar a couple of starters and desserts.

What I couldn't fathom was how anybody could get fish for a starter and then a main!!

If you don't like your fish there's honestly no point heading in there. You'd be struggling other than enjoying the side salad.

The word is that Dunnes in O' Connell street is closing down,and Lonergans pub is to reopen at the end of this month..

The word is that Dunnes in O' Connell street is closing down,and Lonergans pub is to reopen at the end of this month..

Word from who about dunnes?

• Advertisement

Word from who about dunnes?

Heard it on Tipp FM lunchtime news. Said the staff were being offered redundancy or re location to Davis Road.

Dunnes is a decent size unit, so hopefully they'll attract something good for it if they do leave it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Dunnes is a decent size unit, so hopefully they'll attract something good for it if they do leave it!

Hopefully not another feckin pound shop.. Sad to see it go. I'd imagine the car park changing recently had some bit to play in the decline of business.

Hopefully not another feckin pound shop.. Sad to see it go. I'd imagine the car park changing recently had some bit to play in the decline of business.

It's actually a place I never really found busy to be honest. I often wondered how it stayed open. I'd say the lease might be up.
    It's actually such a large unit it's hard to know what would go into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Tesco have been looking for a metro store location in town for a while now. Size & access would be about right

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

Saw some guys working on the old Bulmer's storage building on Abbey Street (between Kehoe's fish shop and the friary car park). They were laying metal mesh in preparation for a new floor. They reckon it "might be" a restaurant with apartments. Whatever the end result, no doubt it'll take a lot of money and time to bring the building back from its state of abandonment and decay. It's great to see some work like this going on nevertheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Kegs being unloaded for Lonergan's pub on O'Connell Street today: the opening must be imminent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Kegs being unloaded for Lonergan's pub on O'Connell Street today: the opening must be imminent

Seen that myself. Pints should soon be flowing there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Marlfield House.

Still on the market, see today's Irish Times. On 31 acres price Euro 1.35 million.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Advertisement