Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

There are new signs along the river about the crayfish plague active in the Suir. They advise people who enter or use use equipment in the water to disinfect everything that gets wet because you could contaminate the next place you visit. Apparently this happened in Cavan 2 years ago and it was contained, but it's probable that the native crayfish will eventually die out due to this disease as they have in other countries.

Irish Times article
    A press release with more info

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Anyone ever eat in the Emperor Chinese and if so would they recommend it? Looking for a place to go to lunch and its the only Chinese ive never actually been in.

it's not bad, used to be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I've been trying to find a fuel station which has ADBLUE nozzle just like diesel/petrol. So you pay what's exactly required. They were selling in bottles only.
    Is there any station in clonmel where i could get Adblue from main filling machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Don't think anywhere does it like that. You've to get the 5 litre drums. Don't go to a main dealer anyway. Try tempetouhy machinery on the bypass. Adblue has been used in tractors longer than cars

Clonmel Cinema - In the next 6 weeks works will begin on upgrading the Cinema to encorporate the former Boyds/ Slatterys the Vision Store . The new entrance into the Cinema will be via the former Boyd's / Slattery's the Vision Store. They will be selling monthly tickets wherein you can go to the cinema as many times as you like within a month. They will also be screeing live Operas from abroad. This is a great project and I think it will really rejuvenate Upper Gladstone Street and bring more people into this area.

• Advertisement

Clonmel Cinema - In the next 6 weeks works will begin on upgrading the Cinema to encorporate the former Boyds/ Slatterys the Vision Store . The new entrance into the Cinema will be via the former Boyd's / Slattery's the Vision Store. They will be selling monthly tickets wherein you can go to the cinema as many times as you like within a month. They will also be screeing live Operas from abroad. This is a great project and I think it will really rejuvenate Upper Gladstone Street and bring more people into this area.

Interesting project. Area is in much need of rejuvenation. Its a ghost town.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

They will also be screeing live Operas from abroad.

as they currently do in Thurles Cinema.

Nice for that area of Clonmel to have some life back into it.
    Its a pretty good town overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Will the cinema close during the upgrade. It will be great when it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Does anyone know of a local company / person who can create websites. I need three quotes for the Local Enterprise Office so they need to be registered/legitimate etc.

Its just a basic website so any recommendations greatly received.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Wasn't that post you copied on Facebook from 2016? Seen that myself but it's over a year old. However they are due to start soon.

• Advertisement

The post I saw on FB had been shared the day I posted here..It was shared by the Book Market

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nadroir

Oh to walk through old work place doore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Anyone ever eat in the Emperor Chinese and if so would they recommend it? Looking for a place to go to lunch and its the only Chinese ive never actually been in.

I used to get takeaways from there when I lived in Clonmel. Been s while now but don't ever remember anything wrong with it.

I have been searching the town for memory foam pillow. But can't find a good one so far. Saw one in tesco but it's not the best. Is there any shop where they could sell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have been searching the town for memory foam pillow. But can't find a good one so far. Saw one in tesco but it's not the best. Is there any shop where they could sell it?

Harry Corry have them online. Did you try the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

The chemist beside Lifestyle on O'Connell St have them

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

Argos has a variety.

Thanks a mil. Never knew Argos have them.
    Qreq wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Has anyone done Clonmel Parkrun/run Powerstown track? Thinking of doing Clonmel on Saturday and looking for any course insights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Has anyone done Clonmel Parkrun/run Powerstown track? Thinking of doing Clonmel on Saturday and looking for any course insights.

Yup did the second one at the weekend. You start just above the main stand where there a railed walkway 2 and a 1/4 laps later and you finish at the entrance.

• Advertisement

This is their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/clonmelparkrun/?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tiegan

Yup, I did the first week. Well organised, well worth doing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

There's a discussion going on in the thread below about the possibility of creating a greenway from Clonmel to Thurles along the old train line.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057670861&page=2

tipp_gunner is the driving force behind it - be great to see some support for it:

Here is the twitter page he has set up - please support

https://twitter.com/Tippofftrack

And here is the facebook link again. Share, like and feel free to post to

https://www.facebook.com/tippofftrack/

Separate thread to discuss the idea is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057747241

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Clonmel parkrun are always looking for volunteers. If anyone would like to help out just go to the clonmel parkrun page. Considering the torrential rain last Saturday, there was a great turn out. Love to see as many as possible there. Don't forget to register and bring your barcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I had spend an overnighter in Clonmel at the weekend. It's been well over a decade since I spent a night in Clonmel.

Had an enjoyable night in Phil Carrolls pub : good late night spot, with a varied age group.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

hinault wrote: »
    Had an enjoyable night in Phil Carrolls pub : good late night spot, with a varied age group.

Not sure if you found the place by hazard but you stumbled upon a good advertisement for the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

An unscientific survey carried out by myself this evening (yes, I should be outside but in my defence I gave Rosie a walk this evening and me with a dodgy knee)

I have established that outside of the cities, the Clonmel thread has by far the greatest amount of replies of any of the town specific threads in the regional forums.

Yay for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Ponster wrote: »
    Not sure if you found the place by hazard but you stumbled upon a good advertisement for the town.

I knew of Phil Carrolls pub from years ago, but last Saturday was my first time in there for well over 20 yrs.
    I'd recommend that pub to anyone visiting Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

F34 wrote: »
    Yup did the second one at the weekend. You start just above the main stand where there a railed walkway 2 and a 1/4 laps later and you finish at the entrance.

Great thanks, must keep an eye for the finish 1/4 lap. Is it flat/incline/decline?

Already on that page but was just looking for insights!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

hinault wrote: »
    I knew of Phil Carrolls pub from years ago, but last Saturday was my first time in there for well over 20 yrs.
    I'd recommend that pub to anyone visiting Clonmel.

Great bar. Don't get in there often enough though. I remember years ago meeting a girl there on a date and she said she was down in "Gus's Bar" I must of searched the town looking for it until I met a mate of mine who told me that it was down the back of Phil's. Sure enough they had a big sign on the wall saying Gus's Bar :) Its popular enough with visit celebrities too, Marylon Manson and Lisa Marie Presley among others have been known to stop in for a pint, never seen them there myself but Ive heard others talk about..

Advertisement