Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

[/quote]Qrec said A view from above. Relative to the dog track, there's a field to the east separating it from Dunnes; the river's to the south; the car park and residents are to the west, and Showgrounds shopping mall is to the north.
    https://goo.gl/maps/htifEa8fBoN2

A view from the car park looking at the dog track. You can drag the view around to see the residential buildings.
    https://goo.gl/maps/YrGKuABmxZS2[/quote]Thanks for the maps very helpful

Qrec said
    A view from above. Relative to the dog track, there's a field to the east separating it from Dunnes; the river's to the south; the car park and residents are to the west, and Showgrounds shopping mall is to the north.
    https://goo.gl/maps/htifEa8fBoN2

A view from the car park looking at the dog track. You can drag the view around to see the residential buildings.
    https://goo.gl/maps/YrGKuABmxZS2
    Thanks for the maps very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I think in fairness since this is the Clonmel thread we have a good idea of where the dog track is relative to houses.

No, I was in London and Melbourne at the time, big cities with big warehouses / industrial areas where a lot of these raves were held.

I haven't been to the dogs in about 12 months and that was for a charity event but you would be luck to get maybe, 200 people to the dogs - from approx. 6.30pm and over by 9.00pm. you can't really compare, two totally different events.

The field to the side of the greyhound track leads to Dunnes on the Davis Road, and its other boundaries are the river, houses, Fozzys and O'Keeffes and the Showgrounds.

If they do have this event again, I would hope they would have a new venue
    i was not comparing the dogs to the rave,just trying to get an idea of how many would ususally be there

I think in fairness since this is the Clonmel thread we have a good idea of where the dog track is relative to houses
    and only people in Clonmel are allowed to be interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

To be fair to the objectors, if I was living close to the venue I'd be dreading it. I've two babies under 18 months and a nervous dog.
    I do agree the town needs a boost and such an event should do that. However, there are definitely more isolated venues around Clonmel that could be used, they have already been mentioned. The demographic attending does need to be taken into account as well. I'm far from an old fogie, early 30s, and hope it's a success. I just don't think the venue is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

and only people in Clonmel are allowed to be interested?
    Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

cml387 wrote:
    I think in fairness since this is the Clonmel thread we have a good idea of where the dog track is relative to houses.

Don't forget those pretending not to be from Clonmel : -)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Please limit your posts to discussing the topic at hand, rather than speculating as to where people are living.

I can't for the life of me think what benefit there is to pretending to be from one town over another, so leave it.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Just wondering, does anyone know who the young lad with the navy hoodie who seems to be constantly walking between clerihan and clonmel is? Hes walking with his head down and in dark clothing and im afraid hes going to meet an accident sooner or later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

I have met this guy walking on the road also.
    He is as you described, wearing a dark hoodie, with the head down, and yes I have thought of his safety on several occasions.
    I met him on the way to Rosegreen a few times also.

I do hope somebody may know him and make him aware that on a busy road, he needs to be wearing a hi vis vest.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

PacMan wrote: »
    I have met this guy walking on the road also.
    He is as you described, wearing a dark hoodie, with the head down, and yes I have thought of his safety on several occasions.
    I met him on the way to Rosegreen a few times also.

I do hope somebody may know him and make him aware that on a busy road, he needs to be wearing a hi vis vest.

Thats why im putting it out there. Im hoping someone will know him and advise him.
    Ive seen ppl swerving bcos they dont see him til.the last minute, few times if its in the shaded areas on the road ive nearly missed him too. Last week i had seen him from the opposite side of the road, the man driving against me obviously hadnt as he swerved out against me to avoid him. Only for id seen the young lad there, and braked there would have been an accident,.

You could tell the gardai and they might advise him to wear a high vis

The field to the side of the greyhound track leads to Dunnes on the Davis Road, and its other boundaries are the river, houses, Fozzys and O'Keeffes and the Showgrounds.
    is fozzys the one opposite the old cinema?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Ironic that the gardai were required in force today, to attend a disturbance in the area adjoining the dog track. Unrelated to techno funnily enough.

Just thought it worth noting in advance of the festivities in town tomorrow should any lines be blurred

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Ironic that the gardai were required in force today, to attend a disturbance in the area adjoining the dog track. Unrelated to techno funnily enough.

Just thought it worth noting in advance of the festivities in town tomorrow should any lines be blurred

Thanks Johnny - It's been well noted that the area is unsuitable for the type of event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Could the posters here living in that area fill us in on what happened, it wasn't me 123.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

tippspur wrote: »
    Could the posters here living in that area fill us in on what happened, it wasn't me 123.?

I didn't hear anything today. I was out walking the dog this evening and didn't see any disturbance and my neighbours didn't mention anything.

What time did that happen?

Seeing as it isn't going to rain tomorrow, I hope it goes off okay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Just been in the showgrounds and talking to one woman behind a till they aren't happy but think it could have been worse. Lads drinking on the road out side but very few drunk/stoned ones coming into the center so far. Most of the upper carpark has had to be shut to stop groups congregating overlooking the event at the dogtrack and holding their own free rave so she felt foot fall was down but hard to tell. Apparently the showgrounds put on extra security and are fairly on top of it. Saw one car load of yobs pull up at the barrier on the upper carpark but security wouldn't let them near the wall. They got up on top of their car to see in but the security guard quickly hunted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Jesus its loud, but i'm out here in powerstown cutting a ditch and it sounds good,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

Walking down to the gig you can barely hear the music around the shopping centre area. System seems to have been set up well to have it loud enough in the venue but not so much once you're outside it. Plenty of security outside & in, garda presence on the entrance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Walking down to the gig you can barely hear the music around the shopping centre area. System seems to have been set up well to have it loud enough in the venue but not so much once you're outside it. Plenty of security outside & in, garda presence on the entrance too.

I live near a large music festival(Which takes place once a year) and in my experience it all depends on why they position the speakers!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

I live near a large music festival(Which takes place once a year) and in my experience it all depends on why they position the speakers!

If they're correctly set up & the frequency levels measured to suit the area they're in, they don't need to be overly loud at all & sound way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Pretty ropey mixing at it , sounded like a horse falling down the stairs, was that you djsteve?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Well, on a scale of 1 to 10, whereas 1 is silence and 10 being outrageous, I think its a 3, maybe a 4 at most.

I was just out walking the dog, few groups of young wans in Denis Burke park drinking cans before they went in - left their mess behind them and the girls used the weeping willow as a public convenience but certainly it is much quieter than I expected. I can hear the tv and the dog and cat are oblivious to it.

Now it might get noisier but there is only 5 hours to go - and there will be a lot of young ones around at midnight, but then there normally is on a Saturday night.

I was definitely the biggest objector on here and I've been converted.

If they ran it like this and if the rest of the night is not a disaster, then I would not object to another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Well, on a scale of 1 to 10, whereas 1 is silence and 10 being outrageous, I think its a 3, maybe a 4 at most.

You probably have Expunge to thank for that, was he/she going to get in and turn the sound down at every opportunity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,677 ✭✭✭✭klose

In since about 6, all good so far and no trouble from what I've seen can't speak for outside the track. Well run too, people collecting litter and paramedics walking about the place.

klose wrote: »
    In since about 6, all good so far and no trouble from what I've seen can't speak for outside the track. Well run too, people collecting litter and paramedics walking about the place.

Mrs Looby and myself on the loungers most of the afternoon,enjoying iced tea..I dont know is it the ice,or the tea,but I think its the same song they are playing since 2 pm.....It sounds like a few lads bating a tar barrel with sticks....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Mrs Looby and myself on the loungers most of the afternoon,enjoying iced tea..I dont know is it the ice,or the tea,but I think its the same song they are playing since 2 pm.....It sounds like a few lads bating a tar barrel with sticks....

Is it fresh ice or frozen ice ?

Can't stand the frozen stuff at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Is it fresh ice or frozen ice ?

:D:D:D:D

Advertisement