Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

tippspur wrote: »
    Christie and Aslan never needed to use excuses to draw the crowds in,the music was enough,that's a ridiculous post ffs.:(

I remember them at the bansha show a few years ago, handy crowd there at least 40 people.

I remember them at the bansha show a few years ago, handy crowd there at least 40 people.

Would that be a good crowd for the show?..What happens at the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Not a huge fan but I'v been to a few of their gigs and always enjoyed them.

Christy get's the audience very involved in the show and has a significant loyal following only too willing to join in.

Good luck and good health to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

Hi all. I am currently looking to change my Doctor who is situated at Western Road Medical Centre and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good Doctor to change to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

john 08 wrote:
    Hi all, just wondering if anybody would have any info on this car dealer "Long Mile Motors" in Dublin? Currently looking at a car they are selling. You can private message me no problem if I am breaking forum rules by asking this.

There was a new doctor announced yesterday don't know much about her though :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Hi Folks, anyone able to volunteer at Clonmel parkrun this Saturday or any other Saturday. We are very short this week and some of the core group would like a chance to run this sometimes as well.

Please email clonmeloffice@parkrun.com or send us a Facebook message including your parkrun ID number - you can register at parkrun.ie to obtain a barcode number.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

Next week, Paws Charity Shop is moving from Marystone Centre to the vacant shop at the corner of O'Connell Street and Mary Street (used to be a hairdresser) opposite Bob Fitzgerald. That'll make it handy to do a straight run of shopping or donating at all the charities on Mary Street: Paws, Sue Ryder, Enable Ireland, NCBI, St. Vincent de Paul, and the Cancer Society.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

Qreq wrote: »
    Next week, Paws Charity Shop is moving from Marystone Centre to the vacant shop at the corner of O'Connell Street and Mary Street (used to be a hairdresser) opposite Bob Fitzgerald. That'll make it handy to do a straight run of shopping or donating at all the charities on Mary Street: Paws, Sue Ryder, Enable Ireland, NCBI, St. Vincent de Paul, and the Cancer Society.

Christ that's depressing. No sign of a Cartier shop or a Brown Thomas coming soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Strange that they are all bunching together. Do they take in different things? I'd have thought they would be competing against each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

touts wrote: »
    Strange that they are all bunching together. Do they take in different things? I'd have thought they would be competing against each other.

From what I see, they all take the same kind of things; clothing, books, and "stuff". "Stuff" can cover from VHS tapes/DVDs to small items of furniture, though Sue Ryder specifically has the extra room for big stuff like armchairs, sofas, dressers, etc. I believe the other St. Vincent de Paul on Anglesea Street also sells furniture, but only Fridays (someone correct me if I got the day wrong). Regular customers tend to make the rounds on Mary Street on the hunt for a bargain. I only recently started visiting them and was surprised at the brands and quality of some of the stuff people donate. Sometimes clothing has the original tags on them, but even if they're missing, they often look like they were never worn.

Regarding why they're all on Mary Street; I don't know. Maybe rent is cheaper there or property owners give charities a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Expunge wrote: »
    Christ that's depressing. No sign of a Cartier shop or a Brown Thomas coming soon?

It's almost as depressing as all the trouble caused at the mass music festival.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Shopping in charity shops is a bit of a niche I think. I like to do the rounds of them all if I have time to see what bargains I can find so it'll be handy having them all together. Am I right in thinking that there will be 5 or is there another one on Peter street? It's been a while since I was in that part of town

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I see Benningans opened, was strange to see passing up the town around half 5 Saturday it appeared not many in yet but they had a bouncer on the door, did they expect a crowd as it just open or are they deterring the kind of people who gave the Golden Harp a bad name I wonder.

Anyone been in yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I see Benningans opened, was strange to see passing up the town around half 5 Saturday it appeared not many in yet but they had a bouncer on the door, did they expect a crowd as it just open or are they deterring the kind of people who gave the Golden Harp a bad name I wonder.

Anyone been in yet??

I'd say its a case of they want to change the clientele going in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Saturday was a busy day in the pubs with the Tipp game on. Probably wanted to take no chances on their opening weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

They opened last Saturday week.

Three bouncers on the door(not one).

Not sure what clientele they are trying to attract or discourage but when I was going in they were stopping guys with trainers and girls with ripped jeans.

Nice spot and is really just a spruced up Harp, in my opinion.

Must admit, despite its bad reputation, I never once saw any serious trouble in the Harp. Everyone just minded their own business and generally didn't bother other punters.

Anyone been in yet??

From what I have heard,they dont want it to be anything like the Harp..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Vizzy wrote: »
    They opened last Saturday week.

Three bouncers on the door(not one).

Not sure what clientele they are trying to attract or discourage but when I was going in they were stopping guys with trainers and girls with ripped jeans.
    The boom is back!

It's almost as depressing as all the trouble caused at the mass music festival.....

Only 20 arrests and a whole heap of noise disruption for the residents for many hours.

A great success! We dodged a bullet there. I wish it well in it's next venue - far, far away.

Saturday was a busy day in the pubs with the Tipp game on. Probably wanted to take no chances on their opening weekend.

And the carry on of some of them. Puking and pissing in the street, some of the true Gaels that I saw.

• Advertisement

Expunge wrote: »
    And the carry on of some of them. Puking and pissing in the street, some of the true Gaels that I saw.

And you think that this doesn't happen on every weekend night in every town and city in the world ?

Methinks you need to get out more.

It's acceptable and normal behaviour so, is it?

This was approx 8:30 in the evening as soon as some of these people got back from Cork, if they actually went to Cork for the match.

That was a few hours after witnessing a junkie couple trying to break into cars in the same area.

That was a day before watching another high or drunk couple get into a fight with two other scrotes. The lady of the couple helpfully filmed it all on her smartphone.

All in all some delightful daytime Clonmel scenes. It seems I get out quite enough!

And you reported all these incidents of Anti Social Behaviour to the Gardaí I hope.

Vizzy wrote: »
    And you reported all these incidents of Anti Social Behaviour to the Gardaí I hope.

Ah, the usual and predictable reply!

Not the pissing incident. That might be seen as wasting Garda time, they'd get nothing else done in Clonmel if they only policed this offence.

The others, yes. Professional and courteous as always.

What do you mean "the usual and predictable reply" ?

Fair play to you for reporting the incidents, I hope the culprits are prosecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Good news for the town:

http://www.nationalist.ie/news/home/261828/bulmers-to-build-1-8million-visitor-centre.html

Hopefully they get the Clonmel Arms sorted as well for all these tourists coming to visit.

Also, Ormonde Castle in Carrick-on-Suir has re-opened after a refurbishment.

http://www.nationalist.ie/news/home/261988/carrick-on-suir-s-ormond-castlere-opened-by-minister-of-state-for-opw.html

marvin80 wrote: »
    Good news for the town:

http://www.nationalist.ie/news/home/261828/bulmers-to-build-1-8million-visitor-centre.html

Hopefully they get the Clonmel Arms sorted as well for all these tourists coming to visit.

Also, Ormonde Castle in Carrick-on-Suir has re-opened after a refurbishment.

http://www.nationalist.ie/news/home/261988/carrick-on-suir-s-ormond-castlere-opened-by-minister-of-state-for-opw.html

the Armagh game recently proved there is a major shortage of accomodation in Tipperary.

Great news alright. Between the redevelopment of the Barracks and this, things are moving in the right direction. I see from the article that the cost will be split between the Company, Failte Ireland and the Council...

"The total cost of delivering the new attractions is estimated at €4.9 million. This will include €1.8 million for Dowd's Lane, €2 million for the development of Suir Island and the river, €0.5 million for the West Gate and €0.4 million for the museum.

Mr. Murray said that the next stage would be to apply to Failte Ireland for funding. Certain elements would have to be funded by the County Council, the C&C group and Failte Ireland."

It's not massive money but it could make a great deal of difference to Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Davy Roche's Corner to those of a certain age!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭bobster453

Advertisement