Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

cml387 wrote: »
    I believe a tapas restaurant is going into the old auctioneers building on the corner of Parnell St and Nelson St.

now open. Doesn't seem to be tapas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

now open. Doesn't seem to be tapas though.

Yeah what is it ? Is it some kind of really upmarket place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Anyone been in Quigleys, the new café on the corner of O'Connell Street and Bridge Street. I popped in today, looks like a lovely spot. I hope they do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Yeah what is it ? Is it some kind of really upmarket place ?

Is that Mani's you're talking about? I have pics of the menu. Have not been in yet

Anyone been in Quigleys, the new café on the corner of O'Connell Street and Bridge Street. I popped in today, looks like a lovely spot. I hope they do well.

Where Satellite Sports used be? There is actually a decent basement floor on that premises but it used to flood a bit. not sure if it still does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I've been in their café in Kilkenny a few times, it was very nice. Too nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

sillymoo wrote: »
    Is that Mani's you're talking about? I have pics of the menu. Have not been in yet

Thanks for that, that's the place I was thinking of. A bit on the expensive side for me, but a few interesting items on the menu.

The desserts look like they're working too hard at being trendy for me. None of that alcohol and berries newfangled falballa for me thank you very much.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Great to see quigleys opening up the best of luck to them with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I hear O'Donnells pub on O' Connell street is to become a wine bar?
    I heard that a relative of the family that have Lonergans has bought O' Donnells, apparently she/he is (or was) based in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I use Gerry Kaar on the Western Road. Fantastic manner and has never pushed extra work on me.

Thanks for that. Went to him earlier this week. Great guy, very upfront and open. Lovely manner. Very satisfied with the work! Thanks again.

solerina wrote: »
    I heard that a relative of the family that have Lonergans has bought O' Donnells, apparently she/he is (or was) based in the US.

And Lonergans want to expand...The pub trade must be picking up...

And Lonergans want to expand...The pub trade must be picking up...

I wonder is it, any night I have been out since Lonergans opened it has been packed but anywhere else we went was totally empty !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

solerina wrote:
    I wonder is it, any night I have been out since Lonergans opened it has been packed but anywhere else we went was totally empty !!

That's it there's only the same amount of customers to go around at the end of the day.
    A new establishment will have the lions share for a while.
    Don't think I'd rush out and buy a pub though :-)

That's it there's only the same amount of customers to go around at the end of the day.
    A new establishment will have the lions share for a while.
    Don't think I'd rush out and buy a pub though :-)

You could get Devanes pub in Irishtown for 145 thousand:D....

You could get Devanes pub in Irishtown for 145 thousand ....
    Think I have enough problems :-)

You could get Devanes pub in Irishtown for 145 thousand:D....

Wasn't there a fire there ?? Thought that's why it closed down, if I am right it would possibly cost a packet to get it to opening stage, Gerry Chawkes would be a good buy though !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Wasn't there a fire there ?? Thought that's why it closed down, if I am right it would possibly cost a packet to get it to opening stage, Gerry Chawkes would be a good buy though !!!

I'd say that you would need to put a lot of money in to Chawkes if you wanted to do the job properly. It has gone downhill a lot in recent years and any Saturday night I have been in there in the last 2-3 years, it was very quiet with only 10 or 12 people.
    They could put the swimming pool up on the roof again !!

Raheen House is for sale as well.

Could it be that now the tiger is back, some people are looking to get a buck or two?

You are right about the fire..I would say it would cost a lot to get it back to what it was,well smoke damage,was how they described it.The prego pizza next door,is part of the sale,that has smoke damage as well..

• Advertisement

The prego pizza next door,is part of the sale,that has smoke damage as well..

Did that open at another location in town.

Did that open at another location in town.

Yep, now part of The Crescent on Kickham Street.

Vizzy wrote:
    Yep, now part of The Crescent on Kickham Street.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Who owns or Is responsible for the old Mart on the Davis road? I witnessed three men exiting from there this morning via a little gap under the large advertising board that is displayed in to top part of the dunes stores car park. They appear to be sleeping rough in there

It used to be run by Stokes & Quirke.
    Still has a Stokes & Quirke sign on it on Google maps

Who owns or Is responsible for the old Mart on the Davis road? I witnessed three men exiting from there this morning via a little gap under the large advertising board that is displayed in to top part of the dunes stores car park. They appear to be sleeping rough in there

God help them, I doubt they are doing much harm there !!

Raheen House is for sale as well.

Could it be that now the tiger is back, some people are looking to get a buck or two?
    And if you have 5 million euro in an old biscuit tin you can buy the Clonmel Park Hotel , as it's up for sale as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

And if you have 5 million euro in an old biscuit tin you can buy the Clonmel Park Hotel , as it's up for sale as well.

Selling now before the Clonmel Arms is redeveloped and reopened and a hard Brexit materializes. That's smart. Lots of hotel owners got seriously burned in the last economic collapse and in the months before that crisis happened the news was full of hotels changing hands every week. Clever investors are again jumping ship and selling to suckers rather than waiting for the Brexit storm to hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

God help them, I doubt they are doing much harm there !!

serious? all kinds of health and safety implications, insurance considerations etc.

Sure pop you address on here and we will send them around to yours then.

• Advertisement

serious? all kinds of health and safety implications, insurance considerations etc.

Sure pop you address on here and we will send them around to yours then.

Seriously....an abandoned mart ?
    If that's the best they have to live in then I do have sympathy for them...health and safety & insurance considerations are hardly your business anyway !!!

Advertisement