Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Possibly a stupid question but has anyone a clue why so many cars around town have licence plate type things with 'Ryaners' on them ? Usually in the windscreen or on the back window, is it a tribute to someone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,677 ✭✭✭✭klose

solerina wrote: »
    Possibly a stupid question but has anyone a clue why so many cars around town have licence plate type things with 'Ryaners' on them ? Usually in the windscreen or on the back window, is it a tribute to someone ?

Yeah, tribute to a young lad who passed a little over a year ago. Was mad into cars I believe hence why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I'm sure this is old news at this stage but Dick McSharry passed away on Saturday, most people who went to St Olivers will have known him... as SIR :)

A great teacher and a real gent, he will be missed around the town. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Recliner wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a maths teacher who could give grinds for LC Pass maths but would have Hons level as well?

Just giving this a bump...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Anyone else having trouble getting RTE, TV3 etc?

I know first world problems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Transmitter down I’d say as there was a couple of places without power yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Saorview transmitter must be down. Lost mine last night and no signal since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

It went down yesterday evening about 7.30ish I think.

Our electric had just been switched back on about 5.30 and then there was a blip with it about 7.30, went off for a second or so but the channels went off and have not returned since, lightening perhaps??

Channel 55 (rte 2, tv3 etc ) back
    Channel 59 (rte 1, be3 etc) still gone for me

Edit: all back now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

I know the ESB had the power to the transmitter turned off yesterday because they were replacing lines but I thought it was on again today.
    Did the storm move your aerial by any chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

It's back alright but reception is so bad it's unwatchable.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Just to let everyone know that Clonmel parkrun has been cancelled today due to the extreme weather conditions for the last few days.

In relation to the channels I enquired about yesterday, mine are now back. I did wonder was it my dish moving during the hurricane winds or a cable on the tv, I didn't even think of the transmitters! Thank you for all your comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

dieselbug wrote: »
    It's back alright but reception is so bad it's unwatchable.:(

Most stuff on rte and tv3 is unwatchable regardless of the reception.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Firhouse, SW Dublin, heavy squally rain and strong gusts of wind, and the storm isn't even here yet. It's actually worse rainwise than Ophelia was.......

How are the lads over there lads? Any floods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Heard the car park beside church in irishtown is pretty much empty since it was made chargeable and that some people who used to park there and go into the centre now go elsewhere. Council seem to have shot themselves in the tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

The vast majority of the people who used to park there were working in town. That car park used to be full by 8:30 each morning and it was hard to get a space there before 5:30 pm.
    I think the Council has done a service by introducing charging there. At least more people can come and go around there all through the day, with spaces always available. That's good for business in Irishtown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

It is 95% empty anytime my friends passes and she is in irishtown a lot. do you know where the workers park now?

It is 95% empty anytime my friends passes and she is in Irishtown a lot. do you know where the workers park now?

Yep. Your friend is right. It seems to be. At least there's some revenue coming from it as opposed to none. As word spreads that it is no longer full from early morning, it'll do better I'd say.

Not sure where the people working in town park now - somewhere they have to pay for it, like the rest of us perhaps.

I know some people working in the town centre use that small car park as you go into Aldi on the Western Road or the GAA centre also on the Western Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

With the extra spaces available in the car park, might now be a good time to limit parking to one side of the street on the way in towards West gate? Maybe that is the plan?

It gets to be a real bottleneck there if there's any large vans or trucks trying to get down the street. That, and some drivers who won't move through the gaps as they must think their car is 10 feet wide!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

With the extra spaces available in the car park, might now be a good time to limit parking to one side of the street on the way in towards West gate? Maybe that is the plan?

It gets to be a real bottleneck there if there's any large vans or trucks trying to get down the street. That, and some drivers who won't move through the gaps as they must think their car is 10 feet wide!

There is quite a few bottle necks developing in town Thomas streeet is a prime example its one of the main corridors to the bus station but with parking on both sides it’s a disaster with buses trying to go up or down that street

• Advertisement

F34 wrote: »
    There is quite a few bottle necks developing in town Thomas streeet is a prime example its one of the main corridors to the bus station but with parking on both sides it’s a disaster with buses trying to go up or down that street

Agree. Especially down by the Cresent at school time.

Unfortunately our beloved Council are addicted to parking fees like a Junkie hoor loves the heroin and won't do anything to reduce the number of paid for on street parking places in town.

Expunge wrote: »
    Unfortunately our beloved Council are addicted to parking fees like a Junkie hoor loves the heroin and won't do anything to reduce the number of paid for on street parking places in town.

True I see there’s pay and display machines going in at the bottom of the gas house bridge now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Sad to hear of the death of Lee Ahearne, A much loved and popular figure in the town. Town won't be the same without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Who is the commissioner for oaths in town?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Sad to hear of the death of Lee Ahearne, A much loved and popular figure in the town. Town won't be the same without him.

Heard that alright, what happened to him?

Gotya wrote: »

Any solicitor

Gotya wrote: »

Is Councillor Richie Molloy (Carers Association) one? His office is on Sarsfield Street opposite old Clonmel Arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Joe Leahy - used to have his office next door to the Book Centre which his wife ran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Thanks, I googled searched, but could only find results from 6-7 years ago and any phone numbers, I got, I'm getting no answer on.

Advertisement