Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

It should be built into planning permission that there's ample parking for staff in these centres

Business'es pay for parking spaces as part of plannig permission based on the floor space of their premise's

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Xenophile wrote: »
    Business'es pay for parking spaces as part of plannig permission based on the floor space of their premise's

True but, at least some, strictly do not allow their employees to park in them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

How does that work if a development company build a shopping centre before the shops go in? Businesses may pay now, once they take up a retail space, part of the management company fees may possibly include parking, but certainly not at planning permission stage - sure there was no shops there at the planning stage.

The Showgrounds should never have received planning permission. The entrance is a nightmare and causes absolute havoc on the Davis Road and the surrounding streets. They also should have an entrance from the Showgrounds to the free carpark - people park where its convenient - whether that be driving round and round to get a spot outside the front door, or outside a local resident's house.

Look at Tesco, all the parking directly in front of the building - uncomplicated and plenty of it - that should be the gold standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Xenophile wrote:

Yes but they want the spaces for customers and I can understand that because that's business.
    What I'm saying that as part of planning there should be made to provide employee parking.

There's a free car park there. All they had to do was provide access directly to and from the showgrounds, preferably vehicular access, and they have another 200 spots available. No forward thinking.

• Advertisement

There's a free car park there. All they had to do was provide access directly to and from the showgrounds, preferably vehicular access, and they have another 200 spots available. No forward thinking.

Where would you suggest the people who currently use the free carpark park? It’s full most days already.

Where would you suggest the people who currently use the free carpark park? It’s full most days already.

No its not full, I live beside it and there is always parking there. Some days are busier than others, but I've never seen it full.

The point I was trying to make is that they had options and chose the most convoluted way of accessing the shopping centre. With a bit of foresight, they could have increased the access to it.

A fun question maybe a good quiz question.

" Where is there a roundabout in Clonmel where no rules apply.

It was the very first roundabout in town. It is not a pimple on the road there are three entrances on to it.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

It was the very first roundabout in town. It is not a pimple on the road there are three entrances on to it.

near the hospital ?

Cahir Road, before Poppy Fields?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

At the mall?. Rules aside it seems very few people use roundabouts correctly anyway.

Nobody has come close so far

Legally there are no rules on this roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Nobody has come close so far
    At the railway station, not the one on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

the one inside the grounds of Poppyfield ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The one at Jackson's Cross Texaco?

iceage wrote: »
    At the mall?.

It's at least six times bigger than this one

I will give the answer to first person who asks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

The Bull ring in Ard Na Greine by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,583 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The one just after Parnell Grill going towards the showgrounds? Left to go towards Bus Station, straight to go onto David Rd.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

One of the two up past Star Fuels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I'll ask so, Xenophile, where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tiegan

The one to go out the Dungarvan road?

The Bullring , Ard Na Greinne.

florryfox wrote: »
    The Bull ring in Ard Na Greine by any chance?

Well done you are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

New tenant going into the showgrounds, 4 units between Iceland and Sam McCauley being amalgamated.

Word on Facebook is Dealz. Is this likely as the Dealz in town is busy enough. I have to admit I'm hoping for something more exciting myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

julyjane wrote: »
    New tenant going into the showgrounds, 4 units between Iceland and Sam McCauley being amalgamated.

Word on Facebook is Dealz. Is this likely as the Dealz in town is busy enough. I have to admit I'm hoping for something more exciting myself.

is iceland still open down there :) ? cant see it being dealz with the town one doing well enough ,

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

pudzey101 wrote: »
    is iceland still open down there :) ? cant see it being dealz with the town one doing well enough ,

I never heard of it closing since the first time it closed.

I thought it was Euro giant that was going in there.(Think I heard it hear)
    Dealz have two stores in Wexford town so it is possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

I never heard of it closing since the first time it closed.

I thought it was Euro giant that was going in there.(Think I heard it hear)
    Dealz have two stores in Wexford town so it is possible!

As far as I know it's a second Dealz store, the one in town centre is clearing up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,583 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bit grim if it's Dealz/EuroGiant imo. Was hoping for a decent clothing outlet for men to come in there.

Advertisement