Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,677 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah, I'm all for shops opening there but another euro shop won't make me want to go there any more than I do. The last shop that was there was another euro shop and lasted feck all time again, then again dealz does seem to be the best of them and even I'd kick up a few bits there (great for junk food :pac: )
    Was only down there last week to pick something up in argos and hit me again just how oddly the place is designed. If you want to go to argos say from the car park it's a long walk around two corners, just seems off compared to other shopping centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

klose wrote: »
    Was only down there last week to pick something up in argos and hit me again just how oddly the place is designed. If you want to go to argos say from the car park it's a long walk around two corners, just seems off compared to other shopping centres.

I have no idea who designed it. The odd time you might see a shopping center that has a extension that mightn't flow perfectly but for a new build it's pretty bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

callaway92 wrote: »
    Bit grim if it's Dealz/EuroGiant imo. Was hoping for a decent clothing outlet for men to come in there.

Like Unique up in the Ilac centre in Dublin?

Is that place still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,583 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Even a clothes shop like Born I'd like.

That's closed now in the ILAC centre.

• Advertisement

I personally think a NEXT would do okay in the center a mix of men/womens/kids/homewares.
    Also think the center could do with a Carraig Donn.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Quality never goes out of style

Quality never goes out of style

I never said it did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Hard to imagine Dealz taking 4 full units in addition to the one in the town centre. I would have guessed Boots if Sam McCauley wasn't so close by.

Another clothes shop or a sports shop would be the best fit for it IMO but they probably have to take whatever they can get. If I had a choice I'd put H&M there. If they have 2 levels like TK Maxx they'd have enough space. The one in Kilkenny is about 3 units wide on 2 levels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I was in Hotel Minella today for bar food, on the the menu there was a beef stir fry . The price of same was 20 euro. I asked could they do a half portion and was told yes they could but would still have to charge me 20 euro.

This shows no respect for Senior Citizens or people trying to lose weight, I would not mind but is so easy to serve a smaller portion of stir fry.

No carvery there, but I would suggest that the Park Hotel and Mulcahys have excellent carveries and both do half portions.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

That's a lot for a beef stirfry, I nearly want to go get one to see if it lives up to the price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Should have got a full portion and brought home half in a doggy bag, then return tomorrow with it in a food flask and your own plate and cutlery and see how that goes down.

Anyway, everyone knows that hotels and restaurants are really struggling and it's only the low vat rates that prevent them from going under so probably little or no profit in that 20 quid.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Xenophile wrote: »
    I was in Hotel Minella today for bar food, on the the menu there was a beef stir fry . The price of same was 20 euro. I asked could they do a half portion and was told yes they could but would still have to charge me 20 euro.

This shows no respect for Senior Citizens or people trying to lose weight, I would not mind but is so easy to serve a smaller portion of stir fry.

No carvery there, but I would suggest that the Park Hotel and Mulcahys have excellent carveries and both do half portions.

Owning Race horses is an expensive hobby. At least the couple of times I've eaten there I've always come away assuming that's where most of my money had gone because it certainly didn't go on the 1980s style food they dished up to me. Minella get away with a lot when it comes to weddings, communions etc because there is no real competition for 20 miles in all directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Driving by today I noticed a camera of some sorts on the Fethard Road roundabout.
    Anyone know what it's for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,677 ✭✭✭✭klose

To be fair to minella they put on a good show for a wedding anytime I've been there, think most know what kind of person you are dealing with with the owner however. If your are looking for a good beef stir fry in town you'd be mad to look past lemongrass.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Fionn wrote: »
    Driving by today I noticed a camera of some sorts on the Fethard Road roundabout.
    Anyone know what it's for?

Saw them at the Cashel Rd one as well, think the Highway Maintenance crowd were taking them away, maybe something to do with traffic management studies. Only guessing though..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

klose wrote: »
    To be fair to minella they put on a good show for a wedding anytime I've been there, think most know what kind of person you are dealing with with the owner however. If your are looking for a good beef stir fry in town you'd be mad to look past lemongrass.

I was there Saturday night and they charged 20 euro as well, it was nice but that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

you could take it away and give to homeless. lots of them in town apparently

Dark coloured helicopter circling the showgrounds right now whoever it is. I was just getting into my car on the roof and thought maybe it was going to land on the dog track but it just went around in a circle at least twice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

julyjane wrote: »
    Dark coloured helicopter circling the showgrounds right now whoever it is. I was just getting into my car on the roof and thought maybe it was going to land on the dog track but it just went around in a circle at least twice

Apparently it was the head honcho from Dealz doing a fly past to see how full the car park in the Showgrounds was, before he makes the final decision to take the 4 units there.

• Advertisement

Vizzy wrote: »
    Apparently it was the head honcho from Dealz doing a fly past to see how full the car park in the Showgrounds was, before he makes the final decision to take the 4 units there.

He probably read this thread and he knows that the car park is a disaster!

Confirmed now on Tipp FM Facebook page to be a clothing outlet by Dealz

julyjane wrote: »
    Confirmed now on Tipp FM Facebook page to be a clothing outlet by Dealz

I was actually think it might have being one of their clothing stores!
    Edit I think the store might have regular stock as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

What sort of clothing stores to Dealz have? Is it like Michael Guineys or Pennys?

What sort of clothing stores to Dealz have? Is it like Michael Guineys or Pennys?

It's a range called Pep & Co clothing. I think their market is to target the Penneys market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I just checked the Pep & Co website, is it only jeans they do ?

I just checked the Pep & Co website, is it only jeans they do ?

I was under the impression they did more!

I was under the impression they did more!

Hopefully ! Surely they'll have a few tops and bits to go with the jeans. The name Pep & Co rings a bell, I think I've seen it for sale some place but couldn't tell where.

Just checked with a Pep & Co search on ebay, good few women's clothes (dresses, tops...) coming up. Not strikingly nice, but I don't mind digging for treasures when I shop. :)

• Advertisement

Just checked with a Pep & Co search on ebay, good few women's clothes (dresses, tops...) coming up. Not strikingly nice, but I don't mind digging for treasures when I shop. :)

I'm a man!(sounds great)

Advertisement