Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

cml387 wrote: »
    Just FYI and in case there are occasional visitors to this thread, the signs are up saying that the renovations are postponed.

So a Valentine's day treat is still possible.

Probably saw my post and common sense prevailed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 softkitty

can someon tell me where in clonmel that i can collect some ashes without interrupting a mass serman please x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

dieselbug wrote: »

That's the Parkland, Florida up on the Cashel Road ?

What has this got to do with Clonmel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

I see Subway on Parnell street are set to move in the summer, anyone any idea where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Iceman1984 wrote: »
    I see Subway on Parnell street are set to move in the summer, anyone any idea where?

Showgrounds maybe?

julyjane wrote: »
    Showgrounds maybe?

Wouldn't be a bad spot for them. Rumours of more new tenants also.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Subway moving to Applegreen on Dungarvan road.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wouldn't be a bad spot for them. Rumours of more new tenants also.

What's rumored?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Maymack wrote: »
    Subway moving to Applegreen on Dungarvan road.

No harm ! Look what fast foof joints have done to O'Connell Street, Dublin

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

What's rumored?

Dealz.

Dealz.

Heard their clothes store was opening.
    Just thought they might have being something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Dealz has been confirmed but Showgrounds have said they should be getting other new tenants off the back of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

pooch90 wrote: »
    Dealz has been confirmed but Showgrounds have said they should be getting other new tenants off the back of this.
    Jobs advertised online for there.
    Pep&Co

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Pep&Co

Pep&Co is Dealz clothes department!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Pep&Co

Pep&Co is Dealz clothes department!
    Thanks I knew that.

To thine own self be true

Xenophile wrote: »
    No harm ! Look what fast foof joints have done to O'Connell Street, Dublin

It wont worry you..you will be having a stir fry over in Minella,and giving out about the price of it..😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

great to see subway going to an out of town free parking place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

great to see subway going to an out of town free parking place
    Whereabouts are they going?

tippspur wrote: »

Applegreen on Dungarvan rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Thanks I knew that.

Sorry the post you quoted said they knew about Dealz anything else? to which your response was Pep&Co I picked up that perhaps you didn't know was the same entity.

Applegreen on Dungarvan rd
    They are alrady at Apple Green in Tipperary Town. Does Apple Green now own Subway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Looked up Clonmel in the "National Development Plan". They aren't planning on doing much for us between now and 2040.

The flood defenses that were completed years ago get a mention:
    Major Flood risk management projects completed at Mallow, Fermoy, Clonmel, Bray, Waterford and Foynes with investment of €45 million in 2017.

The hospital is going to get some "development":
    Acute Hospital developments including:
    Clonmel ward accommodation and outpatients department
    Mental Health projects including:
    • Provision of a Crisis Housing Unit in Clonmel

The N24 Limerick to Waterford isn't included in the list of roads to be upgraded before 2040. Some bits, but not all, are included in the list for "pre-approval and early planning" which probably means it'll be on the 2040-2060 development plan:
    The following sections of the national road network will be progressed through pre-appraisal and early planning during 2018 to prioritise projects which are proceeding to construction in the National Development Plan.

N24 Cahir to Limerick Junction
    N24 Waterford to Cahir

What is a Crisis Housing Unit? Don't  they already have a crisis centre where people can stay three nights?
    They need to do something with the road from  Limerick as you come  into Tipperary town,N24  i think it would be. I was there last week, it  is like a minefield without mines

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

We were talking about that with Mr M last night.
    In light of the plan for Waterford, the N25 is due improvements.

At the moment, to travel Waterford to Shannon, Google goes for the N24 with 2h12 minutes, but to take the Kilkenny route M9, N77, M7 only takes 2h23 minutes, even with an extra 60 km or so.

Now I'm not sure but I think it's mentioned that the above connection between M9 and M7 is also due to be improved.

That would nearly make the N24 redundant except for local people, and improvements for Clonmel may not be a priority in that perspective, since it would not really be on route to anywhere.

I hope Mr M and I are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The plan announced indeed was underwhelming from a Clonmel/Tipperary perspective. Hardly has anything to do with having no Government TD no minister and zero political clout though would it? Still it’s great that Mattie, Healy,Lowry et al are socking it to them boys up in Dublin isn’t it?

I'm not from Clonmel but haven't being near the cinema in a while. Is the extension started yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I'm not from Clonmel but haven't being near the cinema in a while. Is the extension started yet?

Not to my knowledge certainly no signs externally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

touts wrote: »
    The N24 Limerick to Waterford isn't included in the list of roads to be upgraded before 2040. Some bits, but not all, are included in the list for "pre-approval and early planning" which probably means it'll be on the 2040-2060 development plan:

Here is a letter that I sent to An Taoiseach last week

An Taoiseach Leo Varadkar TD

I was listening to you on Radio 1 last Sunday 11th February on the 'This Week' programme.

You made a good case for the proposed M20 and you were well in charge of all of the facts.
    Well done!

I wish to point out to you, however, that there is a better case to be made for upgrading the N24 to M24 status.

(1) The route to Waterford via Mallow is considerably longer.

(2) Truckers will not use the M20, to avoid toll charges they will continue to use the N24.

(3) Also, large modern commercial vehicles will consume one gallon of diesel for every 14 kilometers travelled.

(4) The route to the Port in Waterford is approximately 16.5% longer on the N20 as compared with the N24. No need to tell you how this represents a huge disparity in time and costs, not to mention the environmental impact.

(5) Most traffic will continue to use the N24 to avoid Toll charges. Also, most commercial vehicles are avoiding the Toll Plaza outside Portlaoise and taking the route via Abbeyleix.

(6) Also worth pointing out that there is a large facility in Clonmel, producing medium density fibre board, mainly for export, namely Medite which is part of the Coillte group, also this factory requires a large quantity of heavy logging 24 hours a day. Also there is a large cider making facility in Clonmel namely Bulmers, which is part of the C and C group which generates a lot of heavy traffic. I am sure that you are also aware that there are two large American manufacturing facilities in Clonmel, namely Boston Scientific and Abbot Vascular.

I hope that the Department of Transport will take this information into consideration when considering all future investment in road infrastructure.

Yours faithfully

P. S. Worth pointing out that the road between Tipperary town and Clonmel is one of the most dangerous in the country

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

It was said in this thread that it was Applegreen but I see some Subs crowd has applied for change of use on the former Carl Scarpa unit from retail to deli/restaurant.

Advertisement