Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,677 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'm not from Clonmel but haven't being near the cinema in a while. Is the extension started yet?

Theres rumours/chatter of this supposed expansion for years now and not even the slightest bit of work has been done so I imagine its in the back burner if not dead in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Change of use of Carl Scarpa premises is a different company. Good to see something going in there. Subway going into Applegreen Dungarvan road. I think they should keep parnell street store open as well. No reason why both stores wouldn't do well

Apache Pizza in Hot Shots Bowling Alley changed to We Knead Pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

I see the travellers have moved in beside the Questum Acceleration Centre, used to be a grand place for walking the dogs, NOT NOW!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Change of use of Carl Scarpa premises is a different company.
    they own subway https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Dk-Sub-Limited-447463
    beside the Questum Acceleration Centre
    where is this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Xenophile wrote: »
    P. S. Worth pointing out that the road between Tipperary town and Clonmel is one of the most dangerous in the country

Tell us a bit more about this -

Are you talking road deaths? Like in top ten or something? Where are you drawing your statistics from?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Cahir road round about across from the halting site

Maymack wrote: »
    Change of use of Carl Scarpa premises is a different company. Good to see something going in there. Subway going into Applegreen Dungarvan road. I think they should keep parnell street store open as well. No reason why both stores wouldn't do well

Does Damien Browne (Powerfleet) own the lease on that building Subway are currently in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Does Damien Browne (Powerfleet) own the lease on that building Subway are currently in?

Yes

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm not from Clonmel but haven't being near the cinema in a while. Is the extension started yet?

I think the official stance is, it's on hold due to budgetary constraints from IMC. If it'll ever get going is anyone's guess.

• Advertisement

Showgrounds have posted on their Facebook page that they are going to announce another new tenant next week. Any one know who it might be? Thanks

I see a “Sale Agreed” sign on Slievenamon Golf club. Anyone any idea of who bought it and if it’s to continue as a golf club?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Showgrounds have posted on their Facebook page that they are going to announce another new tenant next week. Any one know who it might be? Thanks

Isn't it Dealz?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

I heard a while back a butcher was looking down there.

Thanks for replying. Dealz & Pep&Co already announced. Heard something about a butchers. Hopefully a new sports store would be great. Thanks

I hope this goes ahead. It’d be a great attraction for the town. http://tippfm.com/news/movement-bulmers-visitor-centre-clonmel/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I see a “Sale Agreed” sign on Slievenamon Golf club. Anyone any idea of who bought it and if it’s to continue as a golf club?
    Yes, It has been sold. There was a post on their FB page. It is to continue as a golf club and if I remember right the new owners are going to develop the course too.

Yes, It has been sold. There was a post on their FB page. It is to continue as a golf club and if I remember right the new owners are going to develop the course too.

Very little can be done differently with the course. Not enough space - it’s borderline pathetic

Would love to see the restaurant open again. It was a great place for Sunday lunch and for parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Iceman1984 wrote: »
    I heard a while back a butcher was looking down there.

Wasn't their rumors in the past that John Whelan's bought the rights(or something similar) to a butchers outlet in the center?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Wasn't their rumors in the past that John Whelan's bought the rights(or something similar) to a butchers outlet in the center?

Dunnes own the Whelan's brand with a view to rebranding their meat counters to the Whelan's brand. So I'd say any stand alone stores are unlikely.

I'd say the sports store and the takeaway outside must be on people's radar as it wouldn't take much to get them up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

So is Whelan's no longer an independently owned business?

Would love to see the restaurant open again. It was a great place for Sunday lunch and for parties.

The guy that ran the restaurant there now runs the restaurant at Raheen House (and has been for a good while I believe). It’s top class there

callaway92 wrote: »
    The guy that ran the restaurant there now runs the restaurant at Raheen House (and has been for a good while I believe). It’s top class there

I know that. Raheen is good, but getting a bit dated in both decor and menu.

I know that. Raheen is good, but getting a bit dated in both decor and menu.

True

We used to often go for Sunday Lunch at Slievenamon when he was there. Pity really the restaurant just faded off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Iceman1984 wrote: »
    So is Whelan's no longer an independently owned business?

Nope. Dunnes bought them a couple of years ago as part of their effort to link up with prestige brands (e.g Paul Costello and Padraic Harrington)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Dunnes in the Childers Road in Limerick also has their Deli/Butchers under a brand called Baxter & Greene Market Deli.

touts wrote: »
    Nope. Dunnes bought them a couple of years ago as part of their effort to link up with prestige brands (e.g Paul Costello and Padraic Harrington)

Then why are they marketed as a family business?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭All in all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I hope this goes ahead. It’d be a great attraction for the town. http://tippfm.com/news/movement-bulmers-visitor-centre-clonmel/

Be great when it opens.

Think it's part of a few tourism initiatives for the town.
    Others were related to the Westgate and Charles Bianconi

Advertisement