Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

We had to knock the snow off our dish earlier.

Ours went, did knock the snow off but still didn't come back..

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭All in all

Recliner wrote: »

Knocked off snow and dish had moved slightly so back in position and working away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Lovely to see the great community spirit in Clonmel where the able bodied people are clearing the snow in estates and enabling people who must travel have access to the main roads

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Dunnes Carpark being cleared of snow in readiness for tomorrow? Not sure why they are bothering, its landing as quick as he's clearing it.

Saw that at least they'd machinery out, seemed to be a lone soldier with a spade and brush clearing the ALDI one :D

Tis back now..

• Advertisement

Saw that at least they'd machinery out, seemed to be a lone soldier with a spade and brush clearing the ALDI one :D

Are Dunnes and Aldi and the rest due to open tomorrow at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Are Dunnes and Aldi and the rest due to open tomorrow at some stage?

That was the plan on Thursday when they closed, I think but this snow is not shifting, apart from Dunnes car park, no other machine has been out and about moving it so I'd say it will be a quiet day again tomorrow. I've not seen any delivery trucks but it maybe a bit early for them yet.

That was the plan on Thursday when they closed, I think but this snow is not shifting, apart from Dunnes car park, no other machine has been out and about moving it so I'd say it will be a quiet day again tomorrow. I've not seen any delivery trucks but it maybe a bit early for them yet.

Just scouted out the Dunnes and Tesco FB pages, Dunnes to open from 1pm to 7pm. Tesco to open at 9am. Don't know of any others, we'll see in the morning.

Dunnes carpark covered in snow again and now because the top insulating layer has been moved, it will be ice by morning. I hope its open, cat needs kitty litter!

My cat has gone missing opposite Dunnes Oakville, black with white collar. Very timid, called Pepsi. If anyone sees her, please let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Showgrounds planning to open at 9am, pics they have on facebook page aren't exactly the most convincing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

My cat has gone missing opposite Dunnes Oakville, black with white collar. Very timid, called Pepsi. If anyone sees her, please let me know.

Hope she comes back soon Iwm, our little cat here went missing yesterday just before the blizzard conditions, I was so worried. Turns out the hunting was just too good, birds and mice are more vulnerable in these conditions.
    She had got a mouse and although I called for so long she only came back when she was able to pick it up and bring it back to the front door (alive :/).

You can all stop looking now, found Pepsi - she was visiting next door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Can’t see too many shops opening this morning. No sign of a thaw and it’s snowing lightly again.

Same man clearing Dunnes carpark again, and its staying clear. The trouble is the roads haven't been cleared at all or the footpaths so caution when out and about. Having said that, the MET are saying we are expecting rain today and that will assist with the thaw.

Are any of the streets or footpaths in town cleared yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Morning all,i m unable to get to post office to collect social welfare payment,if not collected by today does anybody know if it will continue to be there next week.Hoping someone knows.Thanks in advance.

copy1 wrote: »
    Morning all,i m unable to get to post office to collect social welfare payment,if not collected by today does anybody know if it will continue to be there next week.Hoping someone knows.Thanks in advance.

What day is your normal payment day?

What day is your normal payment day?

It's there from Thursday to Saturday,we completely blocked off ( in country side + single parent)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I remember before looking up something about somebody on the state pension and they gave a week.(This was a few years ago tough)
    With everything tough I'd say they'd make arrangements that everybody will get paid.

• Advertisement

If your payment day is Thursday you should be fine for Monday collection normally and given the fact that P.O. was closed since you’ll def be fine Monday. You can PM me if you’ve queries

If your payment day is Thursday you should be fine for Monday collection normally and given the fact that P.O. was closed since you’ll def be fine Monday. You can PM me if you’ve queries

Thanks so much.

copy1 wrote: »

It’ll be there for you. https://kclr96fm.com/social-welfare-payments-will-waiting-people-cant-collect-today/

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

I've been out walking for a while. Thought I'd give an idea of the situation.

First things first: Drohans sliced BREAD and unsliced GRINDERS were available at the Gala near Larry O'Keefe's at 11.30am!

A car spun its wheels backward and forward before getting going with the help of a pedestrian pushing at the traffic lights between the CTI and the vet. Don't think you can drive as you normally would.

The Showgrounds shopping area was open, but not all the shops inside were. Iceland has no bread other than a couple of packaged bread rolls. M & S was closed at that time.

Davis Road is clearer than the town centre, but still not ideal for safe driving.

Dunnes on Davis Road was closed when I passed it. Snow was being cleared from the car park.

Lidl had their own baked products including unsliced bread. No packaged bread. Their car park was being cleared of snow.

Tesco had some fresh bread rolls. There were some small packaged bread products like sliced brown soda bread, but no normal packaged bread. The car park is clear.

Oakville was closed when I passed it. I believe it will open at 1pm. The car park was clear, but the road outside it was very dodgy.

A second car spun its wheels before getting some grip turning into the junction beside the post office. A third near the garda station had a very hard time getting traction to leave its parking space.

Some businesses on Gladstone and O'Connell Street remain closed.

Please don't drive unnecessarily until the roads are clearer.

Qreq wrote: »
    I've been out walking for a while. Thought I'd give an idea of the situation.

First things first: Drohans sliced BREAD and unsliced GRINDERS were available at the Gala near Larry O'Keefe's at 11.30am!

A car spun its wheels backward and forward before getting going with the help of a pedestrian pushing at the traffic lights between the CTI and the vet. Don't think you can drive as you normally would.

The Showgrounds shopping area was open, but not all the shops inside were. Iceland has no bread other than a couple of packaged bread rolls. M & S was closed at that time.

Davis Road is clearer than the town centre, but still not ideal for safe driving.

Dunnes on Davis Road was closed when I passed it. Snow was being cleared from the car park.

Lidl had their own baked products including unsliced bread. No packaged bread. Their car park was being cleared of snow.

Tesco had some fresh bread rolls. There were some small packaged bread products like sliced brown soda bread, but no normal packaged bread. The car park is clear.

Oakville was closed when I passed it. I believe it will open at 1pm. The car park was clear, but the road outside it was very dodgy.

A second car spun its wheels before getting some grip turning into the junction beside the post office. A third near the garda station had a very hard time getting traction to leave its parking space.

Some businesses on Gladstone and O'Connell Street remain closed.

Please don't drive unnecessarily until the roads are clearer.

Thanks for all that information....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

thank you to the gentleman who handed my wallet and keys into the garda station , almost 300 euro and all my cards where still there , never left his name so i could reward him , need more honest people like so in town .

thank you sir , much appreciated .

pudzey101 wrote: »
    thank you to the gentleman who handed my wallet and keys into the garda station , almost 300 euro and all my cards where still there , never left his name so i could reward him , need more honest people like so in town .

Fair play. I think we need more honest people in society as a whole not just in Clonmel. Events this weekend have painted a very bad light on some.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

Great to hear, I wasn't so lucky just before Christmas when I lost my wallet. Never surfaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Iceman1984 wrote: »
    Great to hear, I wasn't so lucky just before Christmas when I lost my wallet. Never surfaced.

did you try out local shops and the barracks ? i lost mine in irishtown months back and found out it was handed into the late late foodstore about a week later ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

did you try out local shops and the barracks ? i lost mine in irishtown months back and found out it was handed into the late late foodstore about a week later ,

Tried the garda station a couple of times, taxi company, restaurant & bars we were in that night.

Advertisement