Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Please note the R696 from Glenbower to Carrick-on-Suir remains open but caution advised due to flooding.

Please note the L3313-0 road at Kiltankin, Skeheenarinky is closed due to flooding.

Please note that the L3501-3 and L3506-2 roads from Goatenbridge to Newcastle are closed due to flooding.

from tipp council site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Please note the R696 from Glenbower to Carrick-on-Suir remains open but caution advised due to flooding.

Please note the L3313-0 road at Kiltankin, Skeheenarinky is closed due to flooding.

Please note that the L3501-3 and L3506-2 roads from Goatenbridge to Newcastle are closed due to flooding.

from tipp council site

Yes, not surprised at that. I just drove around the block here and the amount of water flowing is as bad as I'v seen, serious flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Rumour has it an attempt was made to steal the oil which led to the leak.

Even if a tank was ruptured, the bund should keep any leakage contained. I suppose it's possible a line to/from the tank was broken.

All rumour and speculation though. At least they'll have the intruders caught on their CCTV...?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

I want to find a good mechanic for an elderly person in Clonmel. Person has been ill so want someone honest. mhmotors was mentioned a good while back. but looking at the site it has funny english. Are they not irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

I want to find a good mechanic for an elderly person in Clonmel. Person has been ill so want someone honest. mhmotors was mentioned a good while back. but looking at the site it has funny english. Are they not irish

O'Brien's on Anglesea Street. I found them very good and very fair. A father and son operation.

• Advertisement

Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

MH Motors are top notch. Mark is a Clonmel man but got sold a crappy website :P He's working on rectifying it at the minute (I know cos my hubby was helping him :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

pooch90 wrote: »
    got sold a crappy website

That company's twitter made me cringe hard as a developer myself. It's like something from the 90s.

dieselbug wrote: »

Sent you a PM
    you sent me a SPAM. Put anything you want to say on the public forum

pooch90 wrote: »
    MH Motors are top notch. Mark is a Clonmel man but got sold a crappy website :P He's working on rectifying it at the minute (I know cos my hubby was helping him :)  )
    how can you get sold a crappy website? it is like that since 2012 /13

• Advertisement

Honestly, I don't really care about his website!
    You asked if he was a not Irish, I answered that and added clarification as to why the website had broken English on it. His website is $hite, it has no reflection on his skills in his field. He's not a tech expert or a web designer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

how can you get sold a crappy website? it is like that since 2012 /13

Speaking to some business people they relies that they don't really need a website and they never bother updating it.

you sent me a SPAM. Put anything you want to say on the public forum

SPAM, Cerainly not, if I wanted to put spam on I would surely attempt to put it on the public forum and not by PM and I am certainly not going to put my private contact details on a public forum.

You asked for help for an elderly person who had been ill and I offered to help if I could. If you took the trouble to reply by PM or calling me instead of jumping to coclusions and making accusations the elderly person in question may have been sorted out by now most likely foc or certainly at minimal cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

dieselbug wrote:
    You asked for help for an elderly person who had been ill and I offered to help if I could. If you took the trouble to reply by PM or calling me instead of jumping to coclusions and making accusations the elderly person in question may have been sorted out by now most likely foc or certainly at minimal cost.

Fair play dieselbug for trying to help that old person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

Anyone here go to the St Patrick's Day Parade last Saturday?
    Or did you not go coz you wanted to watch England v Ireland?

Crowd was pretty small compared to other years. Hardly any crowds on Gladstone St. and just past the reviewing stand in Parnell Street - not a sinner.

Amazing the organizers didn't do what practically every other town did and move the Parade forward by a couple of hours instead of clashing head on with the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I watched the match - actually I watched all three of the matches! But then I wouldn't be attending the parade anyway, it doesn't interest me and my child is a teenager and not interested either.

I do think though that it should be earlier in the day to free up for the day for the participants and have people in the town for the shops. Plus its generally warmer/nicer in the morning as opposed to 4.30pm when the last poor child is dancing past the stands in the cold.

I also think the County Council should insure the floats and each school/sporting group/community group given a "prize" incentive to encourage more people to partcipate.

I'm old enough to remember Superquinns floats of old with the music - great floats then.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭geriatric

Hi

I've got a 8 month old Bichon Frise which is more than ready for its first groom.

Can anyone recommend a groomer in Clonmel please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

geriatric wrote: »
    Hi

I've got a 8 month old Bichon Frise which is more than ready for its first groom.

Can anyone recommend a groomer in Clonmel please?

Thanks

Ruff to Fluff

Wruff 2 Fluff are great but book up very quickly.
    Number is 086 3774036

Great thanks, I'll give them a call.

Any others that I can check out if ruff to fluff are booked out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

" All Breeds Dog Grooming" are supposed to be good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

Interesting article on showgrounds new butchers, good to see a local business all the same
    https://www.nationalist.ie/gallery/south-tipp-today/303748/tipperary-man-29-to-open-new-business-in-clonmel-shopping-centre-this-week.html

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Timistry

Excellent article indeed. I wish the young man well in his venture. Its a tough game these days (4th generation butcher here)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Louges around the corner from Kate Ryans also do small dogs

snipey wrote: »
    Louges around the corner from Kate Ryans also do small dogs

And big ones too😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I was up for a stroll around Ard Gaoithe last night with the dog.

I counted seven gyms in the business park.

What nonsense is this?

There's a place called Shampooches on Facebook too but I haven't used them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

cml387 wrote:
    I counted seven gyms in the business park.

Vanity sells

Unsure if it's being posted but the butchers is opening at The Showgrounds on Saturday the 24th. It was meant to open Today but can't due to some issue.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Gourmet-Butcher-Clonmel-339621816538870/?hc_ref=ARTplKytFbB3LzrLhbArkfjpKOjZKZT-P29pwajcOep2gjEDFJwbB8zfP4FugIx1ZUA&fref=nf

• Advertisement

29570718_1668954079854186_7353236733879026805_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeHg8DcBbtH4PMOAkeTYy1uPwRedp30V_2RXcoI8hxOz5vpQ0f3whlCjXdviwQ2RKtGAkfpj0sJVF8Ajsh6uyuUg9d87zC6-FEnqR8Wiik8rwA&oh=1ea6b492acc7675aba9b8299e1bcea66&oe=5B758643

Advertisement