Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I objected to this strongly last year before it happened as I was living very close to it but as a resident less than 200 metres from it, i barely heard it and it didn't impact on my day/night at all. I emailed the organisers to say that it was well run and my initial reservations were incorrect. I told them then that if it was run the same way in the future I wouldn't object.

I've now moved so its mute for me but I agree that anything that attracts cash to the town is a good thing.
    How does mass bring money into the greyhound track?!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I take it they pay for the venue for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

in case you don't know https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-festival-2018-tickets-43018701093

:) I read about it in the thread last year but was still a bit confused when I glimpsed the posts here, had forgotten the catchy name.

up to 60 yoyos nearly ! :eek:
    And drinks inside are 5 euros (no external drinks allowed in).
    That would keep some away anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

in case you don't know https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-festival-2018-tickets-43018701093

:) I read about it in the thread last year but was still a bit confused when I glimpsed the posts here, had forgotten the catchy name.

up to 60 yoyos nearly ! :eek:

Ah lads. Yer taking the p*ss now.

To thine own self be true

I take it they pay for the venue for the day!

They need every penny. By all accounts the numbers attending greyhound racing there has dropped drastically since the new stand was built.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

They need every penny. By all accounts the numbers attending greyhound racing there has dropped drastically since the new stand was built.

Agreed. It’s a great amenity for the town but I feel the newer generation are not into greyhound racing as much as previous generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Agreed. It’s a great amenity for the town but I feel the newer generation are not into greyhound racing as much as previous generations.

The televised betting channels usually keep these open. I know Youghal track was boosted this way. There was a gap in the schedule if they moved their race night to it they got a nice wedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Is it any wonder _ the whole sport is dogged by allegations of doping. Unfair to tar all owners and trainers with that brush but I have heard anecdotal evidence that would have less drugs at Mass 2018 than there would be at your average dog race meeting/ now thats saying something.

The televised betting channels usually keep these open. I know Youghal track was boosted this way. There was a gap in the schedule if they moved their race night to it they got a nice wedge.

Such a pity they don’t have racing during the day Sundays when they do a fine lunch. I’d rather go then than Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

anyone have any experience with the park hotel gym?

Any idea how much it costs to join?

• Advertisement

anyone have any experience with the park hotel gym?

I joined or my sister the pool a few years ago.
    I ad no issues with the place.
    You can get pool or gym or both memberships.
    Rates vary to be honest. For some reason I think certain professions might get discounts.
    I think you can buy ten passes to see if it's for you.
    I'd ring them ask them their rates because they change/have offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

There was an offer for membership that ends tomorrow think it was the free paper. 3 months 90ish euro I believe it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

Here are the rates on their site https://www.clonmelparkhotel.com/cmsFiles/membership_prices.jpg

For an adult:
    €70 for 1 month.
    €180 for 3 months.
    €250 for 6 months.
    €430 for 12 months.

Check the link above for specific prices for certain age groups, couples, and families.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

up to 60 yoyos nearly! :eek:
    Do you think 5 euro for drinks at a concert is expensive? actually, that's a reasonable price, sure some of the pubs are charging that now for a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

tippspur wrote: »
    Do you think 5 euro for drinks at a concert is expensive? actually, that's a reasonable price, sure some of the pubs are charging that now for a pint.

I often notice pubs in Dublin like the big tree on match day, most drinks are an even fiver, saves a whole lot of messing with change. Last year I went to concerts in Slane and kilmainham and I think it was €6 for a plastic pint of Heineken. whatever it was they ran out of change and I had to wait ages for it, after buying 2 pints and handing in €20 I eventually got my change in 50c coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I notice that the whole length of the Suir path from Clonmel to Carrick is now open. Lovely addition to the amenities of the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Notice the Turkish barber that was in the side of McDonald's is gone, has it relocated or closed for good? I used to like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

cml387 wrote: »
    I notice that the whole length of the Suir path from Clonmel to Carrick is now open. Lovely addition to the amenities of the area.
    Lots of people starting to make use of this now, families with bicycles, walkers, runners, carpark there in Kilsheelsn packed every weekend and bank holidays, people starting to come with their canoes now aswell, it's a brilliant amenity to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

DK Subs got planning for Gladstone street

DK Subs got planning for Gladstone street

What's that again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

@freshpopcorn

subway beside boots got planning permission. Mulcahys had objected http://www.eplanning.ie/TipperaryCC/AppFileRefDetails/18600093/0

What's that again?

The old Carl Scarpa shop.

The old Carl Scarpa shop.

I meant more so what was going in there. I take it subway?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JACK BE NIMBLE

Hi,
    Could anyone tell me if it's possible to walk from Clonmel to Kilsheelan via the Suir?
    I've read various comments about people doing this but no specifics, Would anyone know the starting point in Clonmel to get down onto the path, and ultimately whereabouts in Kilsheelan you'd end up?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Hi,
    Could anyone tell me if it's possible to walk from Clonmel to Kilsheelan via the Suir?
    I've read various comments about people doing this but no specifics, Would anyone know the starting point in Clonmel to get down onto the path, and ultimately whereabouts in Kilsheelan you'd end up?
    Thanks

Yes you can, you can actually walk from Clonmel to Carrick-on-Suir if feeling very fit!

In Clonmel you need to access the Suir either from:
    Gas House Bridge steps (there is parking in free carpark and an entrance to the Suir next to the apartments near the free car park.(near Loreto School) and keep walking.
    From Mulcahy Park, there is parking and you can walk down to the Suir from park and turn Left!
    From the boat ramp up near Texaco (?), there is parking there and immediate access to the Suir
    And by Ferryhouse. You could proobably park in ferryhouse though it is private property, and walk down to the Suir near St. Thomas' Bridge and access the Suir there.

its a lovely walk, or you can bike and dogs welcome (though bring a doggy bag for the doggy doo). Enjoy its a lovely day today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Museum of Transport,
    Gortnafleur Business Park, Waterford Road, Clonmel, Tipperary

Anybody heard of this place or know if it still operates? Thanks in advance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JACK BE NIMBLE

Yes you can, you can actually walk from Clonmel to Carrick-on-Suir if feeling very fit!

In Clonmel you need to access the Suir either from:
    Gas House Bridge steps (there is parking in free carpark and an entrance to the Suir next to the apartments near the free car park.(near Loreto School) and keep walking.
    From Mulcahy Park, there is parking and you can walk down to the Suir from park and turn Left!
    From the boat ramp up near Texaco (?), there is parking there and immediate access to the Suir
    And by Ferryhouse. You could proobably park in ferryhouse though it is private property, and walk down to the Suir near St. Thomas' Bridge and access the Suir there.

its a lovely walk, or you can bike and dogs welcome (though bring a doggy bag for the doggy doo). Enjoy its a lovely day today

Super info, thanks for that!

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Museum of Transport,
    Gortnafleur Business Park, Waterford Road, Clonmel, Tipperary

Anybody heard of this place or know if it still operates? Thanks in advance. :)

It's still there, but I'm not sure if it actually operates as a museum in that you can visit it.It is in the Gornafleur business park near Kentz off the bypass.

I have seen inside when the door is open and it has quite a range of motoring memorabilia.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It's still there, but I'm not sure if it actually operates as a museum in that you can visit it.It is in the Gornafleur business park near Kentz off the bypass.

I have seen inside when the door is open and it has quite a range of motoring memorabilia.

Thanks. I asked because I found it here: https://www.irelandsancienteast.com/see-do/museums-attractions/museums-and-attractions/museum-of-transport but was sure that the owner told me that he had closed down years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

@freshpopcorn

subway beside boots got planning permission. Mulcahys had objected http://www.eplanning.ie/TipperaryCC/AppFileRefDetails/18600093/0
    Where is the sense in Mulcahys objecting. A pub that does a decent lunch carvery trade objecting to a take away sandwich joint? What's that about. When O'Gormans objected to Quigleys I didn't agree with that but saw at least it was a like for like and directly across the road. Mulcahys objecting to Subway is just mean spirited and unnecessary and all they did was delay the inevitable. They will have no luck for it

Advertisement