Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

solerina wrote: »
    it was a very warm day too which I expect didn't help. I saw Pat from Deise Animal sanctuary visited the horse that evening, he was alive and fine according to her. It made me wonder why they were allowed to keep him ?? Disgraceful, I get angry everytime I see a sulky on the road.

It wasn't the weather it was the treatment the poor animal suffered.

The horse was taken down to Cork to the horse sanctary, they didn't get to keep it and the man abusing the woman who took the video has been charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

That’s good news.. I hope the poor animal goes to a better future. I hope the perpetrator gets a proper sentence. More prosecutions needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Sadly these type of incidents are not confined to Clonmel or even Ireland.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-5735571/Injured-horse-abandoned-crash-scene.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

It wasn't the weather it was the treatment the poor animal suffered.

The horse was taken down to Cork to the horse sanctary, they didn't get to keep it and the man abusing the woman who took the video has been charged.

I didn’t say it was the weather, I merely said the warm weather didn’t help the poor horse !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

Back in March, "China Kitchen" (the takeaway beside Circles) was mentioned here because it had been shut down temporarily for some nasty food safety and hygiene breaches. It did re-open after that. Recently, it closed down, the windows were whitewashed, and the sign over the shop was taken down. The front is being repainted and there's a sign saying it will open soon under new management.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Is there any pubs in Clonmel that do decent pub grub throughout the day at weekends? (Similar to O'Ceallachain's in Carrick)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I drove through Kilsheelan yesterday and I have to say the tidy towns/community have done a great job, everything looks so clean, the little deer statues look freshly painted, the picnic furniture in different colours is cheerful, the hanging baskets and flowers all through the village, it really paints a pretty picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

marvin80 wrote: »
    Is there any pubs in Clonmel that do decent pub grub throughout the day at weekends? (Similar to O'Ceallachain's in Carrick)

coopers up near the railway , or mulcahys across from mcdonalds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Best Mulcahys followed by the Park Hotel, both carverys.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Tierney's and Bennigans also do pub grub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Have to disagree with Park Hotel being second on the list. It's been muck any time I've had their carvery. Coopers is hit and miss.
    Lemons at the end of Irishtown do lovely food. Mulcahy's probably a handy spot though, if you're in town anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

pooch90 wrote: »
    Have to disagree with Park Hotel being second on the list. It's been muck any time I've had their carvery. Coopers is hit and miss.
    Lemons at the end of Irishtown do lovely food. Mulcahy's probably a handy spot though, if you're in town anyway.

I wouldn’t rate the park either. It’s been desperate the few times I’ve been for carvery. The bar food in the evenings used be good, but it’s been shocking the last couple of times I’ve been. Service abysmal too. I’ve heard great things about Lemon’s too, but I haven’t been in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Park isn't great alright. Enjoyed Lemons or the 19th hole as people may be more familiar with when I was in there last think it only opens at various times Tues-Sat at the moment.

Sorry for similar post but I have 3 deaf oaps and other family members going out Wed for tea. I need somewhere with good acoustics so that they will be able to hear! Plus basic food as 1 has dodgy tummy. And nice for me! I was thinking Coopers but what's the food like there, I've never been? Do mulcahys do food at night and is it reasonably priced. Thx

Raheen House do a nice Sunday Lunch, nice lawns for the kids to play in.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

have we any info on the raids by the Garda in and around Clonmel today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Our minority friends up by the rugby club apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

I look forward to Pavee point comments on the raids.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

they are far from our friends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I look forward to Pavee point comments on the raids.

Don't hold your breath.

Didn't notice any comment from them when that poor horse was "sulkied" to death.

• Advertisement

Went out to Mr Bumbles last night - lovely food, really enjoyable - first time I've been there in years, would definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Hi,does anyone know where I can get embroidery in clonmel or surrounding areas,Thanks very much.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

copy1 wrote: »
    Hi,does anyone know where I can get embroidery in clonmel or surrounding areas,Thanks very much.
    You mean thread and needles and such? Try Tangled Yarns by the old Regal cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Ponster wrote: »
    You mean thread and needles and such? Try Tangled Yarns by the old Regal cinema.

Thanks,I need to get a logo on uniform can't find anyone on Clonmel

copy1 wrote: »
    Thanks,I need to get a logo on uniform can't find anyone on Clonmel

There is a shop that fixes hems, buttons etc on Parnell Street, near AXA insurance, across the road from Clintons. They may be able to help. Can't remember the name of the shop, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

There used be a place in Irishtown near the post office but I've no idea if it's still there.

Edit... that place isn't there anymore I'm told

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Mrs CML used a service which is near Planet Spice in Mary Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

There was a place in the Ard Gaoihe retail park, don't know if they're still there or not, they did uniforms, flags and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

What kind of sad people steal from family graves? :mad:

For anyone who has done such a thing, I hope you realize you are the lowest of the low.

All too common nowadays I suspect.

Advertisement