Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FionnBarr

Hi there, was wondering if anyone (or knows anyone) who's looking for an extra player for a five a side or any sort of football matches. New to town and looking to put my boots to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

I'll send the post onto a friend of OH's who was involved in lots of 5 a side teams, he might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FionnBarr

pooch90 wrote: »
    I'll send the post onto a friend of OH's who was involved in lots of 5 a side teams, he might be able to point you in the right direction.
    Thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

I'm a woman, but anyway 😂
    Asked him and he said he's out of the loop but if you went down to Clonmel Celtic and ask in there, they'll point you in the right direction. There's regular games on their astro pitches.
    (it's on the bypass beside the Cashel Rd roundabout)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

FionnBarr wrote: »
    Hi there, was wondering if anyone (or knows anyone) who's looking for an extra player for a five a side or any sort of football matches. New to town and looking to put my boots to good use.

Sent you a message there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Anyone know what is being built on the site of the old Slater Print building on the Davis Road. Whatever it is seems to be taking ages. I've seen Cathedrals built quicker....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Anyone know what is being built on the site of the old Slater Print building on the Davis Road. Whatever it is seems to be taking ages. I've seen Cathedrals built quicker....

Sureprint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

What's happening at the old Chadwicks site lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

about 16 years ago I heard the garda station was moving up there

Is it being used for the Junction festival?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

I saw George "Shepherd's Pie" Mordaunt and some people sitting on the wall there the other evening in deep discussion and pointing at stuff, so whatever's going to be in there, it's going to be a revolutionary consumer experience.

Also, over the last number of days, I watched 3 young lads paint the cladding on the Chawick's building. In these days of obsessive Health and Safety, these three were having none of that.
    No cherry picker, no cones or barriers or signage - not even a high viz vest. Just one lad up a ladder with the paint roller attached to a very long pole, another young lad holding the ladder at the bottom and the last fella smoking a fag beside a tin of paint.

It took me back to more simple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Think Chadwicks is just cleaned up for junction festival. Unsure of the Pieman's involvement maybe he is on the board? There's a few gems on there.

On the festival, looking at the lineup seems to very little music at it this year. I always try to check out a band or two every year. It's quite light on tunes this year as far as i can see.

The print shop development has had excessive planning delays council insisting on many hoops to be jumped through i believe. At one point after a demand for an underground flood tank to be installed (as this would flood before the relief was in place) the project was abandoned. Council backed down at that point. Or so I'm told...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Not a big fan of the Junction festival would love to see what the Busking Festival could turn into if it received half the funding that Junction does.

I see Siro are getting busy around various estates in town getting the ducting down for the fibre to house broadband at long last there will be real competition to Virgin in town.

F34 wrote:
    Not a big fan of the Junction festival would love to see what the Busking Festival could turn into if it received half the funding that Junction does.

Was waiting for this annual moan to pop up after the mention of the junction festival :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Was waiting for this annual moan to pop up after the mention of the junction festival :-)

It’s not a moan simply an observation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭klose

Imo its fairly, well, sh!te. I appreciate people are into many of what the junction festival brings but id be of the opinion its all fairly niche. Id be interested to see what kind if money/volume of people it brings into the town.

F34 wrote:

Annual farce deserves annual boycott. I mean moan!

klose wrote:
    Imo its fairly, well, sh!te. I appreciate people are into many of what the junction festival brings but id be of the opinion its all fairly niche. Id be interested to see what kind if money/volume of people it brings into the town.

I have no strong opinions on it one way or the other all I'm saying is I knew what was coming soon as it was mentioned here.

Kalyke wrote:

Well if you boycott it you achieve something but moaning on here about it achieves nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I think it's a good, varied line-up of events:

http://www.junctionfestival.com/programme/glance

And if it gets people visiting the town and spending money I don't see an issue with it.
    I'm sure if Clonmel had no festival people would complain there's nothing happening in the town!!

• Advertisement

Kalyke wrote:

Well if you boycott it you achieve something but moaning on here about it achieves nothing
    Would you believe I am doing both?

marvin80 wrote: »
    And if it gets people visiting the town and spending money

Id like to see the numbers on this, im not sure it does attract anyone. BUt sure look there is arts council money to be claimed and spent, so why not run it. As i said, disappointed there is not more music but maybe thats just my taste. I will be checking out at least one band.

marvin80 wrote:
    I'm sure if Clonmel had no festival people would complain there's nothing happening in the town!!

Ain't that the truth sure the same people who were moaning about the snow in March are moaning about the sun now :-) It's the default setting with some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Id like to see the numbers on this, im not sure it does attract anyone. BUt sure look there is arts council money to be claimed and spent, so why not run it. As i said, disappointed there is not more music but maybe thats just my taste. I will be checking out at least one band.

Funnily enough I have 3 friends coming down for the weekend for one of the events - they had a tough time getting accomodation for it (not sure if that's just a summer thing or directly related to the festival).

This is quite a popular music event in Dublin, might be of interest to you:

https://junctionfestival.ticketsolve.com/shows/873589731

saw that, will probably go - nice venue for it too, cool on these hot nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

anyone know if the cinema does unlimited cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I notice the owners of Lonergan's have plans to extend into the old off licence next door.

Plus I do admire their window display.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tiegan

Ideas please, which is Clonmel's busiest petrol station? Does anyone have a preference for type of diesel used? I need to change my supplier as my injectors are giving me constant trouble due to contaminated fuel. I was advised to look for a busy filling station as the fule is supposed to be fresher there. All advice appreciated.

tiegan wrote: »
    Ideas please, which is Clonmel's busiest petrol station? Does anyone have a preference for type of diesel used? I need to change my supplier as my injectors are giving me constant trouble due to contaminated fuel. I was advised to look for a busy filling station as the fule is supposed to be fresher there. All advice appreciated.

I get mine in Tesco and never had any trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

tiegan wrote: »

"Due to contaminated fuel" How was it established that the fuel is contaminated, was there a sample tested.

Advertisement