Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I suppose that change of commercial use may not need pp.Possibly if wanted to become something like a change of use to say, a restaurant it would need permission, as happened with Carl Scarpa becoming a sandwich bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Maybe doesn't need pp then. is carl scarpa where subway is going? .

Maybe doesn't need pp then. is carl scarpa where subway is going? .

Yes it is. After an objection from, ahem, across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,485 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Anything new opening in The Showgrounds lately?

saw that ahem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

Anything new opening in The Showgrounds lately?

New restaurant in between Costa & The Gourmet Butcher I heard, not sure who however

Where in Clonmel is the best cup of coffee? Will be in Clonmel next week with a few people who really like coffee. Is Costa in Clonmel bad? My experience of other costas is very bad, never been in clonmel one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Where in Clonmel is the best cup of coffee? Will be in Clonmel next week with a few people who really like coffee. Is Costa in Clonmel bad? My experience of other costas is very bad, never been in clonmel one

Probably Marks and Spencer.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Xenophile wrote: »
    Probably Marks and Spencer.

???

Vizzy wrote: »
    ???

Coffee shop. Kinda hidden away in the corner.

• Advertisement

It depends on the barista I find.
    More often than not I find the cappuccino too hot, Italians say if you scald the milk it ruins the taste and I agree. But I'd say that baristas get complaints that"it's only lukewarm":rolleyes:

Costa in the Poppyfields I've found reliable enough. Marks and Sparks is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭All in all

I would say esquires or quimbys, but there isn’t anywhere great in town where you get a choice of beans, etc. that I have found. If they are really into coffee you will have to travel a bit to impress them!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭geriatric

All in all wrote: »
    I would say esquires or quimbys, but there isn’t anywhere great in town where you get a choice of beans, etc. that I have found. If they are really into coffee you will have to travel a bit to impress them!

Hickeys at the West gate is the best for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭klose

All in all wrote: »

Esquires is nice but I'm not a big coffee drinker so my opinion probably ain't worth a lot. Their medium coffee is probably a large anywhere else, their large coffee you could probably bath a child in they're so big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Anybody know of any good dog boarding kennels in the clonmel area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Anybody know of any good dog boarding kennels in the clonmel area?

New Park Stud, Ballyclerihan

Second to none. Anne and family are absolutely brilliant, great facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Could anyone tell me how long it would take to walk from Ashgrove Lawn to the LIT campus?
    Google maps is saying 50 mins but haven't found that v reliable in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Lackey wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me how long it would take to walk from Ashgrove Lawn to the LIT campus?

Nope not that long. Ashgrove Lawn is right beside the N24 (the LIT is on the N24) but I'm not sure there is an access from Ashgrove lawn so you may have to walk out of the estate to the main road and then right down the by pass. Max 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭All in all

It wouldn’t be far off 50 minutes, it’s about 4km or so i think it would probably take about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Nope not that long. Ashgrove Lawn is right beside the N24 (the LIT is on the N24) but I'm not sure there is an access from Ashgrove lawn so you may have to walk out of the estate to the main road and then right down the by pass. Max 20 minutes
    You won’t do it in 20 mins. I’d say double that and you wouldn’t be far off. No access to the road from the estate so quite a trek around. Absolutely not 20 mins though unless your jogging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

If you cycle there is a safe cycle track down to the campus. 10 - 15 minutes on bike depending on fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Walk back to roundabout on N24, yes all in all about 50 minutes.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Thanks for all the replys…..house fell through on them,
    May restart the search :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Thanks for all the replys…..house fell through on them,
    May restart the search :(
    I have contacts for digs in similar area if that's any use to you?

pooch90 wrote: »
    I have contacts for digs in similar area if that's any use to you?

PM sent

How was the busking event? Heard it was not as busy as before with on street acts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

How was the busking event? Heard it was not as busy as before with on street acts
    Unfortunately I was only around for the Friday night and Saturday. I thought it was great with plenty going on around the place. Yes it was probably a little quieter than some years but the quality was great and kudos to the organizers. The evening entertainments were top class, plenty of great bands around the town all weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Seemed to be very much pub based. Didn’t see a lot of on street stuff Saturday but there was a few vicious showers of rain which probably dampened things a lot unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Hi I need someone to lay a concrete base and run pipes for outdoor toilet.I m based in Clonmel ,I 've tried a few numbers but can't get anyone to turn up to price the job.Anyone here know someone who could do this? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Can anyone recommend a good gym in town? I was looking at the park hotel anyone have any opinions on it?

Advertisement