Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Was up near the fire station last night....looked like something serious happened with a house there...paddy wagon, a marked and an unmarked up there.....there was still a marked up there this morning. Car with the windows smashed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

lollsangel wrote: »
    Was up near the fire station last night....looked like something serious happened with a house there...paddy wagon, a marked and an unmarked up there.....there was still a marked up there this morning. Car with the windows smashed

Yeah woman badly beaten up by a known troublemaker who's not long out of prison.

http://tippfm.com/news/crime-legal/woman-hospitalised-following-clonmel-assault/

Yeah woman badly beaten up by a known troublemaker who's not long out of prison.

http://tippfm.com/news/crime-legal/woman-hospitalised-following-clonmel-assault/

That was some load of guards for one woman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

lollsangel wrote: »
    That was some load of guards for one woman

She wasnt alone was to set upon them too so yeah best have all the help and the injuries she caused the victim are potentially life changing sadly.

She wasnt alone was to set upon them too so yeah best have all the help and the injuries she caused the victim are potentially life changing sadly.

Poor woman. Youd wonder what goes through ppls heads to do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is there a bus between Clonmel and Fethard?

Gael23 wrote: »

Bernard kavanagh goes from gladstone street

• Registered Users Posts: 30,485 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

James Whelan's Butchers are opening in Cork. What are yere guys opinion on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

James Whelan's Butchers are opening in Cork. What are yere guys opinion on them?

Only in name I would think. I believe the name and business is now owned by Dunnes Stores

You mean Dunne’s Stores. They own him now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Gael23 wrote: »

3 buses a day by Bernard Kavanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

That the old meat factory on fire? Sure to be full of asbestos a place of that vintage.

That the old meat factory on fire? Sure to be full of asbestos a place of that vintage.

Yes according to Twitter!

DlisFeJX4AIAD67.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Not good stuff to be breathing in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hopefully they tear the whole site down anyways. Absolute eyesore driving into the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

Can anyone recommend a good gym in town? I was looking at the park hotel anyone have any opinions on it?

No decent open gym in Clonmel. No surprise to see extreme csc opening in January.

Park too busy, minella's equipment a bit dated. I believe f1t is good but haven't been myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

Dunnes new concept of basically creating a shopping centre whilst actually owning all the "shops" within it works really well from a customer experience perspective.

Visited Cornellscourt a few times & it is really impressive, I do try spend my money with independently & locally owned businesses however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Anyone have any experience good or bad of Play & Learn by the Poppyfields?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jordon_Hill

Hi all, Im 22, and just moved to Clonmel, looking to make friends and join some social groups. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. If your from Clonmel and up for a coffee give me a shout.

Thanks in advance.

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

I was on the river tow path (Blueway to non-locals) the other day and near enough to Ferryhouse is a memorial that looks very new, to a Peter Britton.

Info on this anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Jim Bowen wrote:
    I was on the river tow path (Blueway to non-locals) the other day and near enough to Ferryhouse is a memorial that looks very new, to a Peter Britton.

There was a Peter Britton from Clonmel killed in a fall in the Alps three or four years ago so maybe it's for him. I don't know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

There was a Peter Britton from Clonmel killed in a fall in the Alps three or four years ago so maybe it's for him. I don't know for sure.

That's correct - nice memorial and location for it.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tributes-to-loving-and-devoted-father-killed-in-mont-blanc-accident-30482477.html

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

From Google's snippet of https://www.facebook.com/Kilsheelan-Tidy-Towns-103214903361358/
    These have been erected by the Britton family in memory of the late Peter Britton who sadly lost his life while climbing the French Alps in 2014. Peter was the Senior Roads Engineer in the County Council at the time and it was Peter who spearheaded the Blueway project until his untimely death.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Does anyone know where I can get reclaimed or salvaged wood in and around Clonmel?

I'm looking for 2x4 lengths, can plane and sand myself if needed.

Also looking for a source for free pallets to take away, with permission.

All guidance appreciated.

I know this is the Clonmel thread but does anybody know what is being built beside the Texaco garage in Cahir?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hi all, Im 22, and just moved to Clonmel, looking to make friends and join some social groups. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. If your from Clonmel and up for a coffee give me a shout.

Thanks in advance.

J

Hey Jordan, there's loads of groups around Clonmel. If you let people here know your interests then you'll soon be pointed in the right direction. Start there and you'll soon make friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

I know this is the Clonmel thread but does anybody know what is being built beside the Texaco garage in Cahir?

It's a new Texaco garage, as far as I know the plan is to knock the old one.

Can you cycle along by the river (blueway) from Clonmel to Carrick on Suir? I know they were working on it but I can't find anything online to say if it's finished. I dont want to drive down from Kilkenny and find its not completed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Yes the blueway is finished, been open most of the summer. Its a great facility.

Advertisement