Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

Great - thanks. I'll load up my wheels someday during the week so and maybe include a spin out around marlfield as well :)
    Ye are so lucky around Clonmel with so many lovely hikes and scenic picnic spots within a short distance of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Fully finished

edit; beaten to it

Proposed Greenway Clonmel to Thurles

“A public meeting will take place on Tuesday 23rd of October at 7.30pm to discuss if there is support to construct a Greenway along the old railway route from Thurles to Clonmel. It is also intended on the night to form a working committee to move this project along to next stage i.e. Feasability Study“

https://www.facebook.com/events/471847099978794/?active_tab=discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Proposed Greenway Clonmel to Thurles

“A public meeting will take place on Tuesday 23rd of October at 7.30pm to discuss if there is support to construct a Greenway along the old railway route from Thurles to Clonmel. It is also intended on the night to form a working committee to move this project along to next stage i.e. Feasability Study“

https://www.facebook.com/events/471847099978794/?active_tab=discussion

This would be a great facility!

I heard they are hoping to build apartments where Allens/Devannes pub was in Irishtown...Allens,a great pub back when things were good,and best beer garden in town..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

@ chakra blue is there planning ap in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I heard they are hoping to build apartments where Allens/Devannes pub was in Irishtown...Allens,a great pub back when things were good,and best beer garden in town..

But that culture belongs in the past.

We have worked hard to achieve a new Ireland where no one drinks much and we go to bed early so we can work hard and pay our taxes.

We enjoyed life way too much in the dark past.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

@ chakra blue is there planning ap in?
    There is a planning application from a company called "Eelmas" whose registered office is 12 Bolton St. Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

I see on Instagram a chap is opening up a new restaurant in Catalpa, not much info on it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭2 fast

Anyone know any groups to join or volunteering needed in Clonmel? There's not much information online about things to do in Clonmel.

• Advertisement

2 fast wrote: »
    Anyone know any groups to join or volunteering needed in Clonmel? There's not much information online about things to do in Clonmel.

Charity shops always welcome volunteers.

What are your interests? Choirs, amauteur drama, musical society, athletics clubs, park run, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Red Cross, Order of Malta?

Peaks walking club

Hospital radio

Scouts

Hillview tennis club - run lots of fundraisers

What do you like to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

There are 5 charity shops on Mary Street - it's a good bet that one of them would be glad of a volunteer shop assistant or help in the stockroom.

http://www.parkrun.ie/clonmel/volunteer/

Not the most up-to-date results:
    http://www.volunteertipperary.ie/component/tags/tag/clonmel
    http://volunteering.force.com/OpportunitySearch?loc=clonmel

Coder Dojo has advice for becoming a "champion" - i.e. a volunteer who starts a dojo that other volunteers can join.
    https://coderdojo.com/start-a-dojo/

You may find this of interest. http://www.volunteertipperary.ie/index.php/search-for-opportunities

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

I don't know if it's listed in any of the above but there is a soup kitchen that would jump at volunteers.

thats a great list, something there for everyone.

I'm now looking for groups/activities for OAPs. I have some patients that are lonely/isolated and want to make friends/keep busy.

So far I have Active Retirement, Day Care Centre in Irishtown and Place 4 U. Id there anything else for OAPs, including people less able bodied.

Names and contact details would be great TIA

This is great news. Every cemetery should have one. http://tippfm.com/news/columbarium-approved-clonmel-cemetery/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Never heard of that before!

My father's ashes who died in Africa were buried in the cemetery more than 35 years ago and also an Aunt who died in her 80's, her ashes came back from Australia about 6 years ago, they just cut a small square in the stone of the family grave and placed the ashes inside.
    I have no idea whether this was allowed or not, but one of these would have been an option.

You learn something new every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just a heads up, hearing lots of family pet dogs being taken in the Newcastle/Ardfinnan area in the last week. Our favourite ethnic minority are rumoured to be behind it. Mind your pets if you live in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Just a heads up, hearing lots of family pet dogs being taken in the Newcastle/Ardfinnan area in the last week. Our favourite ethnic minority are rumoured to be behind it. Mind your pets if you live in the area.

Peter Casey NO 1

• Advertisement

Does anyone else listen to South Tipperary General Hospital Radio 93.7?

I'm a new convert, a patient had it on at a visit and I'm loving it.

Just thought I'd share as its great tunes with no ads, I'm doing bookwork, and kudos to the volunteers.

Does anyone else listen to South Tipperary General Hospital Radio 93.7?

I'm a new convert, a patient had it on at a visit and I'm loving it.

Just thought I'd share as its great tunes with no ads, I'm doing bookwork, and kudos to the volunteers.

Meself and Mrs L love it..Great music,you can hear anything from Daniel O Donnell,to Declan Nerney..I even heard Margo last week..Its a great pity that the coverage is not further out from tbe town..Its a great service though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

He actually taught, (well tried anyway) to teach me music in CTI many years back

Even as a young fella myself myself back then you couldn't miss how passionate he was about the subject. Totally dedicated to music. RIP

marvin80 wrote: »

R.I.P. Another great Clonmel talent gone too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

It would be nice to think that if the Council get around to building a theatre/auditorium on the site of Kickham Barracks, as envisaged in their plan for the place, that it might be named in honour of M O'S.

We might be waiting a long time for Tipp COCO to do it, of course, what with all the rates and parking fees/fines to be collected and grazing land and stables to be arranged for some of those on housing lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

yesterday was the first time in a long time that I parked in Mary st car park, didn't realise it was cash only until I went to pay. I thought I'd have to beg the poor man sitting there with the cup for a few cent. I had planned to park on the street and pay using the app but couldn't get a space

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

and ....... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

PacMan wrote: »
    and ....... ?

And I was expecting to be able to pay by card like most other barrier car parks, or by the app like all other council car parks. just a bit of a heads up in case others weren't aware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

julyjane wrote: »
    And I was expecting to be able to pay by card like most other barrier car parks, or by the app like all other council car parks. just a bit of a heads up in case others weren't aware

Good to know - odd they don't allow payment via the app for that one.

Advertisement