Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

julyjane wrote: »
    And I was expecting to be able to pay by card like most other barrier car parks, or by the app like all other council car parks. just a bit of a heads up in case others weren't aware

You didnt mention how you paid.
    Did you really have to ask the man seated on the street for a few cents like you said ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

no I searched the car and found bits of change down under the seats

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

That happened me once at the STGH car park.
    Had to look everywhere in the car for coins.
    Was 10 cents short in the end, and feeling rather embarrassed I had to ask a fellow motorist, who was kind enough to give me 1 Euro.

Phew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

PacMan wrote: »

That happened me once at the STGH car park.
    Had to look everywhere in the car for coins.
    Was 10 cents short in the end, and feeling rather embarrassed I had to ask a fellow motorist, who was kind enough to give me 1 Euro.

Phew :)

They now give cash back in the shop if you need it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

how was the psychic show in the theatre up the narrow street from west gate on halloween? Anyone hear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Lads, what is the story with Christmas lights. I saw an article in The Nationalist last week that made for very poor reading indeed. Thurles 50K, Nenagh 35k, Clonmel 6k???

Why does the burden fall disproportionately on business within the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Lads, what is the story with Christmas lights. I saw an article in The Nationalist last week that made for very poor reading indeed. Thurles 50K, Nenagh 35k, Clonmel 6k???

Why does the burden fall disproportionately on business within the town?

I'm not from Tipperary but I got the impression before they might invest more in a town that the lights needed to be upgraded in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Anybody near Oakville without water, or just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Anybody near Oakville without water, or just me?

No water since 8.pm last night. Back in the morning...or so I've heard.
    See post above also.

• Advertisement

Recliner wrote: »
    No water since 8.pm last night. Back in the morning...or so I've heard.
    See post above also.
    you can look up outages on the irish water site

Not sure if anyone is aware, but Dunnes Oakville have given the management of their carpark over to Euro Car Parks and they are now issuing tickets. They were just putting yellow stickers on the cars to remind people to move after 2 hours but now the fine is €50 if you pay within 14 days and €70 if you pay up to 28 days.

You still get the first 2 hours free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Not sure if anyone is aware, but Dunnes Oakville have given the management of their carpark over to Euro Car Parks and they are now issuing tickets. They were just putting yellow stickers on the cars to remind people to move after 2 hours but now the fine is €50 if you pay within 14 days and €70 if you pay up to 28 days.

Do you still get the 2 hours free? If so then that should be OK and hopefully this will free up some spaces in the carpark for shoppers rather than people working in the general area. But if you have to pay from the start then that will have a severe impact on the footfall in the center.

touts wrote: »
    Do you still get the 2 hours free?

Sorry I've just amended my post, yes you do still get the first two hours free. The fine is the new thing, it used to be a reminder sticker - I just wanted to let everyone know as a friend got caught out on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭klose

You still get the first 2 hours free.

I think that's fair enough once the first two hours are free, I'm sure there are plenty guilty of parking it up for half the day while being on the town. (may have done it myself :D)

Any idea when the bigger car park on suir island is due to open? Passed it yesterday and the work is ongoing there.

klose wrote: »
    I think that's fair enough once the first two hours are free, I'm sure there are plenty guilty of parking it up for half the day while being on the town. (may have done it myself :D)

Yes, my customers park there (I'm right across the road) and I had a trainee on Monday and she got the fine.

Any idea when the bigger car park on suir island is due to open? Passed it yesterday and the work is ongoing there.

I didn't know they were making that carpark bigger - its a great idea - I hope its free or very small money for 4 plus hours - staff have to park somewhere and you don't want shoppers worrying about carparking after a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

AFAIK Oakville always had that restriction, it may be that it wasn't enforced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Eurocarparks have been there a while now, they got me about a year ago and sent me the fine in the post. When I rang to enquire how they got my address they wouldnt tell me so I dug a little deeper and found out that they don’t have access to the vehicle owner file ( same as the guards and traffic wardens use ) I also came across people online who ignored these fines and nothing ever came of it, so I did the same and apart from 1 additional letter I never heard from them again.

Just a little useless/useful information for you ��

Eurocarparks have been there a while now, they got me about a year ago and sent me the fine in the post. When I rang to enquire how they got my address they wouldnt tell me so I dug a little deeper and found out that they don’t have access to the vehicle owner file ( same as the guards and traffic wardens use ) I also came across people online who ignored these fines and nothing ever came of it, so I did the same and apart from 1 additional letter I never heard from them again.

Just a little useless/useful information for you ��
    you never paid? Under Data Protection i think they would have to tell you how they got your address. If they don’t have access to the vehicle owner file how do they get names addresses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

you never paid? Under Data Protection i think they would have to tell you how they got your address. If they don’t have access to the vehicle owner file how do they get names addresses

I would imagine that there lies the problem. Plenty of people get access to it that shouldn't, however if Euro carpark's ever brought someone to court for non payment they would have to show how they obtained the information. They usually get the details from someone who does have access but shouldn't be giving it out.

Most of these companies work on the fact that a lot of people wont be savvy to this fact and will pay regardless..

• Advertisement

I would imagine that there lies the problem. Plenty of people get access to it that shouldn't, however if Euro carpark's ever brought someone to court for non payment they would have to show how they obtained the information. They usually get the details from someone who does have access but shouldn't be giving it out.

Most of these companies work on the fact that a lot of people wont be savvy to this fact and will pay regardless..
    Surely GDPR would be different now. I heard they scan the reg in Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Any idea where I could buy a small electric heater?
    The options in DID aren't great.

Surely GDPR would be different now. I heard they scan the reg in Dunnes

They can't get your address from your reg unless they ask the Motor Tax people and we haven't given the Motor Tax people permission to release our details to non governmental departments so they shouldn't give out your address under GDPR

ROAAAR wrote: »

I got one in Argos, about 10 mths ago - I use it in my clinic. Its a convector heater with a timer and cost around €30 - excellent in a small area

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

klose wrote: »

Yes, my customers park there (I'm right across the road) and I had a trainee on Monday and she got the fine.

I didn't know they were making that carpark bigger - its a great idea - I hope its free or very small money for 4 plus hours - staff have to park somewhere and you don't want shoppers worrying about car parking after a few hours.
    €3 for all-day parking in the new car park I'm hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

tippspur wrote: »
    €3 for all-day parking in the new car park I'm hearing.

Where's the new car park?

They can't get your address from your reg unless they ask the Motor Tax people and we haven't given the Motor Tax people permission to release our details to non governmental departments so they shouldn't give out your address under GDPR
    so how do they get it?

so how do they get it?

I'm assuming that people just pay it like you would with any fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

ROAAAR wrote: »

I got a good one in Fethard Electrical. 3.5kw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

So, am I correct in thinking your details are collected illegally so the fines cannot be legally upheld.

Does the same apply to private clampers?

Advertisement