Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Ate in Kyoto on Friday. Nice fresh Asian food, will def make a mark on lemongrass footfall. They mentioned they were related to the Waterford restaurant.
    I'd happily say the food in Raheen was fantastic the last event I was at, and far far better than anything I've ever had at other hotels in the town

Ate in Kyoto on Friday. Nice fresh Asian food, will def make a mark on lemongrass footfall. They mentioned they were related to the Waterford restaurant.
    I'd happily say the food in Raheen is fantastic the last event I was at, and far far better than anything I've ever had at other hotels in the town

Sunday lunch in Raheen is unbeatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Junction restaurant looks fabulous looking forward to trying it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Has it opened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has it opened ?

I think I saw on Facebook it was. I'm not from Clonmel tough.

• Advertisement

Has it opened ?

Open since Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I was at Raheen House last week for dinner. Clonmel Theatre put on Lend Me A Tenor in between courses. Had a great night. Food was excellent and the comedy play was great. Its an excellent idea and I'll be attending next year too.

Actually on the subject of the junction cafe the new Christmas lights on Parnell Street are very nice.

I walked by it Tuesday lunchtime. There were a few tables full. But what really struck me was that two tables near the window had been vacated but the used ware was still on the tables. I know it’s a bit picky but first impressions are vital.

I walked by it Tuesday lunchtime. There were a few tables full. But what really struck me was that two tables near the window had been vacated but the used ware was still on the tables. I know it’s a bit picky but first impressions are vital.

Do you lnow how long the table was vacated?
    How long did it take you to walk by the window?, I pass windows fairly quickly...or did you stop to look in the window?..

• Advertisement

Do you lnow how long the table was vacated?
    How long did it take you to walk by the window?, I pass windows fairly quickly...or did you stop to look in the window?..

True. It wasn’t mad busy and I’m afraid little things like that would make people’s minds up.

True. It wasn’t mad busy and I’m afraid little things like that would make people’s minds up.

Has it put you off from going in there?

Has it put you off from going in there?

It’s made me think twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

I think you have too much time on your hands :)
    Think yes, keep it quiet and not post on a public forum A Big yes,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Ok, maybe a bit picky. But more important, were the used plates emptied?

Might also be a good indicator ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Better not come to dinner at mine so I've been known to leave them overnight :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

dieselbug wrote: »
    Ok, maybe a bit picky. But more important, were the used plates emptied?

Might also be a good indicator ;)

Yes, that of course would be a good indicator.

Back to the OP comment regarding used plates on a restaurant table.
    Isnt it amazing what people think and the amount of time they have on their hands to jump to such conclusions.
    Really sad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Yeah, hard to ignore this comment. I was in there on Monday for a coffee. I think there were four staff on at the front of house. I’d be surprised if the dishes were left there long but if you waited and watched for a significant time and the staff were clearly being lazy and ignoring their job, then fair enough. That does seem hard to imagine though but possible. I’d hope to never jump on something like that to judge a place unless it really was a complete lack of effort or concern. Everyone is different I suppose.

I definitely applaud anyone getting up and out there, taking a chance, putting money, time and energy on the line, employing and paying staff, paying their rates and bills and rent and supporting and paying suppliers and paying tax into the pot knowing that not everyone contributes meaningfully and your contributions could be squandered and misused.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

I passed the Junction Cafe on Tuesday & it looked amazing. Was also very busy at the time.

New business takes a while to work out the kinks, new staff, new premises, new set up...takes time to get a flow going.

Even IF they weren't up to scratch I know most reasonable people would understand.

Best of luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

If I'm correct, The Junction is owned by the same person that has Gavin's at Planet Playground. We eat there usually every weekend, all day breakfast or lunch and I've never gotten a bad meal there. I think some of the Junction staff are from there as well, and I've never known the service to be bad. I could be totally wrong on this, I stand free to be corrected.
    Anyway, I look forward to trying it out, it looks amazing inside from the photos I've seen on FB. Obviously a lot of effort gone into it..

• Advertisement

Lads I'm trying to do a fellow boardsie a favour and pick up something for his child in Argos for Christmas and then get it to Longford.

Who or what is the parcel pickup down the Davis Road or is there anyone going near Longford before Santy comes? The chap has mentioned fastway or dpd though I'm not sure what they are.

Any urgent help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭All in all

Lads I'm trying to do a fellow boardsie a favour and pick up something for his child in Argos for Christmas and then get it to Longford.

Who or what is the parcel pickup down the Davis Road or is there anyone going near Longford before Santy comes? The chap has mentioned fastway or dpd though I'm not sure what they are.

Its a parcel motel at the texaco, which is run by nightline (courier company), you can send parcels from it to other parcel motels. There is one in most towns, so i'm sure there would be one in longford, or closeby.

You would need to register with them, register the collection/delivery and print the label. The other party would get a text with details.

https://www.parcelmotel.com/send/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

DPD and Fastway are other courier services. They have vans crisscrossing the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Is it massive/heavy? You haven’t missed the last dates for posting yet. Parcel motel has a limit on size, but I don’t know what it is

Its a hoverboard? Not sure how heavy - he's arranging courier I think but he wanted to know what was local and I couldn't remember. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ate in The Bunker last week (formerly Catalpa) food was excellent & service was good. I will be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Iceman1984 wrote: »
    Ate in The Bunker last week (formerly Catalpa) food was excellent & service was good. I will be returning.

Oh great to know, thanks! I need to buy someone a meal voucher for Xmas, I was afraid to buy one for there because I hadn’t heard anything about the place!

What is going in that new structure on davis road? Someone told me sure print but I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Iceman1984 wrote: »
    What is going in that new structure on davis road? Someone told me sure print but I don't know.

Your right Sureprint are building a new premises there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Has anyone noticed a lack of general hygiene creeping back into takeaways? Not going to mention one in particular because there are a few. The person taking your order, handling money and then proceeding to make your food without washing their hands or using a hand sanitiser. I wish this practice would stop. Money carries a lot of germs. All they have to do is have one person at the till taking your order and the rest of the staff cooking. Or if the person that takes your order has to cook as well, that they wash their hands or use a hand sanitiser.

Advertisement