Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

Thank you so much for Sean's number. He arrived in this morning, fixed the problem, very reasonable, I'm delighted with it. Saved me a good few hundred buying a new one.

No problem..Its great you got sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭7znbd9xmoiupye

solerina wrote: »
    Don’t know but I do know there is no other possible exit, apparently planning permission had actually expired before they started to build. 40 ish houses planned. We should all be lodging objections...that roundabout is chaotic enough without 40-80 cars more coming onto it !!
    how can they build if permission is expired. Oh i see they have applied for extension of duration of planning on 28 December 2018

It is 06/550157
    For the demolition of the existing dwelling house and construction of a residential development of 48 dwellings consisting of House Type A: 2 no. 4 bed two and half storey detached units, House Type B: 8 no. 4 bedroom semi detached two storey and half storey units, House Type C 26 no. 3 bed semi detached 2 storey units, House Type D. 5 no. 2 bed 2 storey town house, and House Type E. 7 no. 3 bed 2 storey town houses. Permission is also sought for realignment of existing boundaries to enable compliance with and access to the approved Part VIII new road design and layout and, for connection to public foul and surface water sewers and public water main together with all associated site development works necessary to facilitate this development

It was appealed to ABP 52.227298

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

how can they build if permission is expired. Oh i see they have applied for extension of duration of planning on 28 December 2018

It is 06/550157

It was appealed to ABP 52.227298

Thanks, that gives a lot of information....do you mean some locals have appealed ? I would hope the appeal will be successful that roundabout is not suitable for more traffic or entrances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭7znbd9xmoiupye

Thanks, that gives a lot of information....do you mean some locals have appealed ? I would hope the appeal will be successful that roundabout is not suitable for more traffic or entrances
    no that was back in 2008. i am pming you the link to the appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Most roundabouts have 4 exits though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

solerina wrote:
    I would hope the appeal will be successful that roundabout is not suitable for more traffic or entrances

Why not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Traffic exiting this new estate will be very light compared to traffic using the Cashel Road, it will be an ideal location for older people with access to shopping in the service station and buses and trains.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Does the train station have a ticket vending machine? According to the Irish Rail website it doesn't, same for Carrick-on-Suir.

And if it doesn't I presume they have someone selling tickets behind the counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

No tickets available in the station, I think you have to purchase them either online or on the train.

Fionn wrote: »
    No tickets available in the station, I think you have to purchase them either online or on the train.

Cheers.

When I buy a ticket online I usually collect them from a ticket vending machine at the station so for Clonmel I presume it's enough to show the ticket inspector the email as proof of tickets purchased?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

marvin80 wrote: »
    Cheers.

When I buy a ticket online I usually collect them from a ticket vending machine at the station so for Clonmel I presume it's enough to show the ticket inspector the email as proof of tickets purchased?

It used be much cheaper to buy your ticket on the train if going to Dublin from Clonmel. Not sure if this is still the case though, I haven’t used it in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I got the train to Dublin last April and bought the ticket online the ticket seller on the train came round and issued me a ticket for the 1st leg of the journey to Limerick junction and then I had to get out at the junction and collect the next tickets from the machine there. bit of a nuisance but I much prefer the train to the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I have a feeling you can buy some sort of a ticket from the cafe that is at the station.

I can't remember now, not sure if its just train/bus info or tickets as well. Its over a year since I was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

years ago you could get tickets in the coffee shop but now they're not available at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

The Credit Union used to sell them not sure if they still do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Most roundabouts have 4 exits though?

Most roundabouts don’t exit onto a tight railway bridge, I think this exit is not suitable for the cars of 40 plus houses. The estate exit will be practically on top of the current road coming from town.

Most roundabouts don’t exit onto a tight railway bridge, I think this exit is not suitable for the cars of 40 plus houses. The estate exit will be practically on top of the current road coming from town.

No it won’t. It’ll be directly across from the railway station road. I would imagine that it was taken into consideration when the roundabout was being built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

No it won’t. It’ll be directly across from the railway station road. I would imagine that it was taken into consideration when the roundabout was being built.
    It does look like it was anticipated all-right
    Google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Yeah I think you're right. I can't see the problem myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

the planning application mentions changes to the road layout I recall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Not surprised by that. The present one I find is a bit hemmed in and kinda claustrophobic and I try to avoid it. Possibly just me, the one in Carrick on Suir I find much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Weren't they looking at putting one on the old mart site on the Davis Rd?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

dieselbug wrote: »
    Not surprised by that. The present one I find is a bit hemmed in and kinda claustrophobic and I try to avoid it. Possibly just me, the one in Carrick on Suir I find much better.

I feel the exact same. Parking is awkward in it and impossible to turn right out of it. I will always go to the one in Cahir instead.

Anyone recommend a house cleaner in the Clonmel area?
    General house cleaning, a few hours a week for an elderly relative living on their own.

PM if you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Weren't they looking at putting one on the old mart site on the Davis Rd?
    Yeah they tried for that site but got turned down by planning.

Lots of people gathered at dunnes in Oakville last night to mourn the loss of the trees and hedges that were cut,and to tie yellow ribbons around the remaining big tree..some singing went on too...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lots of people gathered at dunnes in Oakville last night to mourn the loss of the trees and hedges that were cut,and to tie yellow ribbons around the remaining big tree..some singing went on too...

Was it an old oak tree..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Surely this can’t be true?

• Advertisement

jlm29 wrote: »
    Surely this can’t be true?

It is jim29.....

Advertisement