Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

Tie a yellow ribbon round the Oakville tree...😆

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Was it an old oak tree..

One thats standing still is a Linden tree?..I just read back to some posts on FB to get that info...
    Just came to me that question may have been in jest😀

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Tie a yellow ribbon round the Oakville tree...😆

One thats standing still is a Linden tree?..I just read back to some posts on FB to get that info... Just came to me that question may have been in jest😀

Yep was in jest, Pakie similar mindset to me.

No matter what you do, someone will complain nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Yep was in jest, Pakie similar mindset to me.

No matter what you do, someone will complain nowadays.

The permanently outraged I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

There's been a lot of tree felling recently. Trees were cut down at the Rehab headquarters on the Western Road that must have been there since Doc O'Callaghan's time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Edit:Actually just read on Facebook that Dunnes have issues a statement to say that the existing trees were diseased and they will be replanting the trees and hedges in the next few days. I'll give them a few days and see what they do to repair the damage that has been done to the streetscape around Oakville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

touts wrote: »
    Edit:Actually just read on Facebook that Dunnes have issues a statement to say that the existing trees were diseased and they will be replanting the trees and hedges in the next few days. I'll give them a few days and see what they do to repair the damage that has been done to the streetscape around Oakville.

I’m sure the Facebook warriors will continue to blame the gubberment and the council though.

What do you mean by giving them a few days to see what they do to repair damage?..What will you do if they dont?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

What do you mean by giving them a few days to see what they do to repair damage?..What will you do if they dont?

Feck all I can do I suppose, maybe put a formal complaint to the council or an board pleanala or something. But between now and when the actual plans become clear I certainly won't be attending any marches and candle lit vigils or boycotts and the other sort of **** that some of the permanently annoyed over on Facebook are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭7znbd9xmoiupye

Feck all I can do I suppose, maybe put a formal complaint to the council or an board pleanala or something. But between now and when the actual plans become clear I certainly won't be attending any marches and candle lit vigils or boycotts and the other sort of **** that some of the permanently annoyed over on Facebook are talking about.
    if they need planning should it not be clear before they started. what is the facebook group

• Advertisement

This post is from Three B's Facebook page

We regret to inform our wonderful customers that Three B's will cease trading on Sunday, 3 February 2019.
    Due to increases in rent from €2.560 - €3.050 and VAT along with high rates the current management have decided that the business is unsustainable.
    The leaseholder will resume responsibility for the building at 4 Gladstone Street.
    If you have received a voucher and want to use it please do so before Sunday, 3 February 2019
    We would like to thank every one of our customers who supported us over the last 2 years.
    We will miss you!
    Kind regards
    Three B's Management

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

This post is from Three B's Facebook page

We regret to inform our wonderful customers that Three B's will cease trading on Sunday, 3 February 2019.
    Due to increases in rent from €2.560 - €3.050 and VAT along with high rates the current management have decided that the business is unsustainable.

Good to see a business being so open about their reasons for ceasing to trade.

The rent increase is just shy of 20%.

I assume some the V.A.T. is reclaimable, but I am not sure about this.

As regards Rates, here is what it states on the Showgrounds website.

Rates
    These are dependent upon length of the planned activity and vary in terms of seasonality.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Xenophile wrote: »
    Good to see a business being so open about their reasons for ceasing to trade.

The rent increase is just shy of 20%.

I assume some the V.A.T. is reclaimable, but I am not sure about this.

As regards Rates, here is what it states on the Showgrounds website.

Rates
    These are dependent upon length of the planned activity and vary in terms of seasonality.

Three B's is the place in the former Galileo on Gladstone St.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Three B's is the place in the former Galileo on Gladstone St.

Thanks obviously I confused with BB's in the showgrounds. Thanks for putting me right.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

Clonmel and Cahir Electoral district being split, according to this.

Clonmel will be one Borough district with 6 Councillors - Cahir will join Cashel/Tipperary Town district with a total of 11 Councillors between them.

http://tippfm.com/featured-2/surprise-change-tipperary-municipal-districts/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Anyone no of anybody who would be into putting flat pack together in the Clonmel area?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nadroir

Hi

Geee hate using world middle age but are there any classes around town for ppl want to start yoga. Hear so much of how great, and seriously starting to feel body not what was.....want it back!!! I know yoga dont seem to get many guys, not sure ppl want to see me ( guy ) in yoga pants lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nadroir

you get any help on flat pack? me an Ikea boy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

nadroir wrote: »
    Hi

Geee hate using world middle age but are there any classes around town for ppl want to start yoga. Hear so much of how great, and seriously starting to feel body not what was.....want it back!!! I know yoga dont seem to get many guys, not sure ppl want to see me ( guy ) in yoga pants lol

There is/was a men's yoga class up the Cashel road. Tom is the teacher. Fantastic class and I'd say the age range was maybe 30 to 60ish. I couldn't recommend it highly enough. You are working but it is on the more relaxing side of things. It's far into the estate on the right, yellow unit I think several doors down from the Animal shop. That class was on Sundays, I think 5 to 6:30. My weekends got messed up so I can't go and I honestly miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I see Ambers planned expansion got knocked on the head. http://tippfm.com/news/business/plans-major-revamp-clonmel-filling-station-shot/

They have now erected fixed bollards on both sides of the road to prevent parking on the hard shoulder, not surprising really as it was very dangerous.

• Advertisement

dieselbug wrote: »
    They have now erected fixed bollards on both sides of the road to prevent parking on the hard shoulder, not surprising really as it was very dangerous.

I believe that new plans have been submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I noticed that the other day. I wonder how truck drivers feel about it, some days there could be 3 of them parked at the amber side of the road. They're legally obliged to take breaks and it's a convenient place for toilets and food, I can't think of many alternatives on the n24 other than the Tipperary town plaza (I'm sure there's others I haven't thought of)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

julyjane wrote: »
    I noticed that the other day. I wonder how truck drivers feel about it, some days there could be 3 of them parked at the amber side of the road. They're legally obliged to take breaks and it's a convenient place for toilets and food, I can't think of many alternatives on the n24 other than the Tipperary town plaza (I'm sure there's others I haven't thought of)

Yes indeed, a case of treating the symptoms but not the problem.
    There was an area of a wide shoulder on the Kilsheelan side of Newtownanner school which was quiet safe and a popular with drivers but there was an obstacle placed there some years back also even though I would have thought it did seem safe, to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Big loss of business to Circle K, not happy about the bollards I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

tippspur wrote: »

Then when they refurbished they should have thought about putting in space for truck parking.

The new plans for amber, do they include parking for trucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Any recommendations for a decent restaurant that isn't Indian or Chinese food? Looking for somewhere nice that does contemporary food but not too poncy. Special occasion so budget isn't an issue. Please don't recommend Clonmel Park hotel!! ðŸ˜

Thanks in advance

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a decent restaurant that isn't Indian or Chinese food? Looking for somewhere nice that does contemporary food but not too poncy. Special occasion so budget isn't an issue. Please don't recommend Clonmel Park hotel!! ðŸ˜

Thanks in advance

Raheen House

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Raheen or the bunker, steak on a stone there is fab

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

r3nu4l wrote: »

Thanks in advance

The Bunker and Mani are pretty good. I’ve been in both and would highly recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

tippspur wrote: »

I seen on Facebook that Clonmel oil who own that Circle K have offered the use of their yard for truckers needing to stop at the shop for a quick break.

Advertisement