Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

No movement on the Post House for ages now:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

SIRO seems to have gone active in more parts of town since Friday if anyone is looking for it. The online checker for SIRO and Vodafone doesn't seem to have updated but Digiwebs has.

From Tipp FM FaceBook page
    An attempt was made to abduct a woman on the Western Road in the town last night.

She was walking between the roundabout at St Lukes and the turn-off for the Glenconnor Garden Centre when the incident happened at around 9.15pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Jaysus

From Tipp FM FaceBook page
    An attempt was made to abduct a woman on the Western Road in the town last night.

She was walking between the roundabout at St Lukes and the turn-off for the Glenconnor Garden Centre when the incident happened at around 9.15pm.

An arrest has been made. http://tippfm.com/news/arrest-attempted-abduction-tipperary/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Was there any link between the two victims or was the abduction attempt random, anyone know? Very unnerving especially as that stretch of road is so open, not a dodgy alley or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

pooch90 wrote: »
    Was there any link between the two victims or was the abduction attempt random, anyone know? Very unnerving especially as that stretch of road is so open, not a dodgy alley or something.

From what I’ve heard, the abduction attempt was random.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

So scary! For any women wanting to try a bit of self defence, highly recommend the Institute of Krav Maga Clonmel up in Ard Gaoithe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

A Clonmel shopping district is set for some new tenants.

Remcoll Ltd – the managing company of units in Market Place – have been granted planning permission to develop a new medical centre in the building once occupied by Elvery’s .

This is from TIPPFM website.

pooch90 wrote: »

Gardai saying events not linked.

They are still questioning the suspect to at least he is off the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Work going on in the former Toymaster store. Anyone know who's opening there? Great to see it being used again. Been closed for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Something going on in the old Tipp FM down near the greyhound bar as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

All the scaffolding is gone from the building site at the railway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

tippspur wrote: »
    Something going on in the old Tipp FM down near the greyhound bar as well.

I heard the old Tipp FM building is being turned into a hair dressers.

On another note, the music shop down the narrow st closed up in the last few weeks, as did Subway but I hear the owners are changing the restaurant type due to the high franchise costs. It’s a shame to see these places closing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It’s a shame to see these places closing.

Clonmel has never had a great history of hanging on to music shops but usually one pops back again after a few years break.

I heard the old Tipp FM building is being turned into a hair dressers.

On another note, the music shop down the narrow st closed up in the last few weeks, as did Subway but I hear the owners are changing the restaurant type due to the high franchise costs. It’s a shame to see these places closing.

Chipper going in where Subway was..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Guys, I’m looking for a really good painter around the Clonmel/cahir area. I know I’ll have a bit of a wait for one, but that’s ok.
    I’m want someone who pays attention to prep, rather than just dashing in with a roller and painting over everything. It’s an older house, with a good bit of filling and fixing to be done before it’s painted.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭All in all

jlm29 wrote: »
    Guys, I’m looking for a really good painter around the Clonmel/cahir area. I know I’ll have a bit of a wait for one, but that’s ok.
    I’m want someone who pays attention to prep, rather than just dashing in with a roller and painting over everything. It’s an older house, with a good bit of filling and fixing to be done before it’s painted.
    Cheers

Jimmy Maunsell is excellent but not cheap.

Hi does anyone know if the parcel motel is still at the garage on the Waterford road ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Hi does anyone know if the parcel motel is still at the garage on the Waterford road ?

Yes, it def was last week anyway

• Advertisement

solerina wrote:
    Yes, it def was last week anyway

Sound thank you

Something going on at the bottom of the Heywood Road? 7/8 Garda at the traffic lights? Anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Something going on at the bottom of the Heywood Road? 7/8 Garda at the traffic lights? Anybody know?

https://www.tipperarylive.ie/news/home/376542/tipperary-gardai-appeal-for-witnesses-following-serious-assault-on-man-in-clonmel.html

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Deiseland

jlm29 wrote: »
    Cheers

K&D painters did some work for me very professional and have done a good few premises in town and private work. Would highly recommend

Some good news. It was a shame seeing this site lying idle. http://tippfm.com/news/housing/35-houses-built-derelict-site-clonmel/

Some good news. It was a shame seeing this site lying idle. http://tippfm.com/news/housing/35-houses-built-derelict-site-clonmel/

Excellent news.

There are loads of sites they could buy and develop.

The old Chadwicks site - Ideal for Morton Street type housing - close to town and facilities for OAPs which would free up housing for families.

Down the davis road, the old mart, i think, but just down from Barlos anyways - I know there is a flood risk but they could build them up or put the parking underneath etc. Just takes a bit of thought

We should be hounding our candidates for the local election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭7znbd9xmoiupye

Excellent news.

There are loads of sites they could buy and develop.

The old Chadwicks site - Ideal for Morton Street type housing - close to town and facilities for OAPs which would free up housing for families.

Down the davis road, the old mart, i think, but just down from Barlos anyways - I know there is a flood risk but they could build them up or put the parking underneath etc. Just takes a bit of thought

We should be hounding our candidates for the local election
    all the candidates ever say is i will raise the issue. They have very little power to do anything

all the candidates ever say is i will raise the issue. They have very little power to do anything

Do you know it’s been on my mind a lot lately. What is the actual point of Councilors? Do we need so many? Probably worthy of a thread of its own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭7znbd9xmoiupye

Do you know it’s been on my mind a lot lately. What is the actual point of Councilors? Do we need so many? Probably worthy of a thread of its own!
    listen carefully to them. most answer questions with "i suppose..." what does that mean . Nothing. And they say the promise to do their best. Their best is not good enough as they have no power. They can fool some that they have power. That they can "get" a medical card for someone or a house or something when all they can do is make a rep to the body concerned which the person could do themselves.

• Advertisement

They can keep raising the issue of housing - and who has the say what sites / land is bought on behalf of the council and when?#

They should be hounding them - there are loads of empty properties around the place.

The problem with the fair deal scheme is when elderly people go into nursing homes, if they sell their home then they lose the benefit of the fair deal scheme and have to use their own money - if you're a millionaire that isn't a problem but for the average person just the thought of having no money to bury them or leave to family etc, then that causes them great pain and stress. They won't sell and the houses stay empty. Its an awful waste.

Advertisement