Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Matty Boyle curtains Parnell street is having a closing down sale..

Retiring.

Retiring.

The post wasnt meant to suggest otherwise.I posted just to let people know of the Sale..I would imagine a lot here would know how long Matty was in business...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I was sitting in my car in Mary st car park last Saturday and my phone was out of credit so I tried to get the Town WiFi but not a thing came up, is it gone completely? I know it was fairly crappy but handy at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The post wasnt meant to suggest otherwise.I posted just to let people know of the Sale..I would imagine a lot here would know how long Matty was in business...

Where did I suggest you were suggesting otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

We got an awful fright today, crossing the road from CTI walking towards the showgrounds. My 6 year old was waiting impatiently at the lights, when the green man came on he made a dash across towards the first island without looking, a car coming from our right didn't stop in time and missed him by centimetres, his hands were touching the car when it did slow down. My older child said the driver stuck up his middle finger at him but I didn't see that. Anyway we learned our lesson and had a good talk about how you still have to look before you cross, even if the light is green but when I went home my husband said I should have taken their reg and reported them. Too late for that now and nobody got hurt, we all learned a lesson but I'm overthinking it now wondering does that traffic light go red or is it just flashing amber arrows if you're turning left at CTI coming from the gashouse bridge direction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

It's always flashing amber I believe, but motorists should always be prepared to stop because it's the equivalent of a yield sign.

The standard of driving around Clonmel is appalling, my 2 cents worth was walking down the Cashel road with a clear view of the speed indicator outside O'Callaghan sports ground last week I clocked two cars racing each other towards the level crossing and the indicated speed was 91Kmph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

yeah I'd always be ready to stop at flashing amber lights and there were 3 of us standing there so if the driver was paying attention he should have seen us ready to cross. Our mistake was we were looking at the light waiting for the green man rather than looking to our right, then when the green man came my older son and I did look right out of habit but my smallest child let go of my hand and was gone because I'd always told him wait for the green man when I should have said look before crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Sounds like the driver broke the red light by a large margin. Unfortunately it seems to be a big issue in town at all junctions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

It does go red when the green man is visible so if there was a green man the driver broke the red light. They are shocking lights for pedestrians. The green man is only to the middle part of the road, then you have to wait again for the next green man - its not one green man to cross the whole road. Guards may have cctv or something similar if you wanted the registration number but its a wake up call to you and your children. Some road users don’t obey the road rules, it isn’t right but it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The local authority’s decision to approve the development on the near 1.7 hectare site was subsequently appealed to An Bord Pleanala.
    The state planning appeals board inspector recommended that permission should be refused for the project citing the low density of the development as the main reason.
    An Bord Pleanala has decided to go with this recommendation and refused permission for the houses at Thomas Street, overturning Tipperary County Council’s decision [/QUOTE]

Did any of An Bord Pleanal officials visit this site ?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

So why not just lower the density - build half the houses - leave the rest as green space which may be used later.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Question? Is the road that runs from the Cahir rd roundabout to the Moangarriff roundabout a bypass or an inner relief road?

Its called the Frank Drohan Inner Relief Road - everyone just refers to it as the bypass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Kk333 wrote: »
    I have never in my life seen a more begrudging bunch of hicks then Clonmel folks lol.

You haven't been on the receiving end of Mr "Shephard Pie's" scamming then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

[quote=Kk333;11141982

Report it to the Gardai so. If some one from Clonmel tells you its raining go outside and check first.[/quote]
    That holds true especially Mr Shephards Pie

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Kk333 wrote: »
    There parents aren't originally from Clonmel

To keep your sweeping generalisations at least gramatically if not factually correct, it should be Their not There.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

To keep your sweeping generalisations at least gramatically if not factually correct, it should be Their not There.
    And it should be grammatically not gramatically

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've deleted some rather bizarrely anti Clonmel posts. That poster has been banned from this forum for a week. Please report any further oddities.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

And it should be grammatically not gramatically

Thanks for that. Think we may have spoken before, what was your previous username?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Two posters have been warned and asked to put away their grammar books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Used to use newpark kennells in Clerihan but they have stopped the boarding end of things.
    Can someone recommend one?

Many thanks Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Used to use newpark kennells in Clerihan but they have stopped the boarding end of things.

Many thanks Roy

We used Ellas kennels bear Tipp town they collected and dropped our dogs back and Todd the guy who owns it was a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

@F34 thanks for reply. Was looking for some one closer to clonmel

Many thanks Roy

Country Tails just outside Clerihan, run by Mary Lafford. Couldn't recommend them highly enough. You'll find them on FB. I can PM the number if you want.

Many thanks Roy

I wonder why they’ve closed? They seem to have been around forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Many thanks, Roy
    Jeez that's very sudden, we left our dog in there just a month ago while we were on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nadroir

I think the the south tipp dog wardens kennels now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Many thanks Roy

There's one around the Kilmacthomas area I'v heard good things about if that's not too far,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Recliner wrote: »
    Country Tails just outside Clerihan, run by Mary Lafford. Couldn't recommend them highly enough. You'll find them on FB. I can PM the number if you want.

She's great, but you'd need to book well in advance as she can be very busy.

• Advertisement

cml387 wrote: »
    She's great, but you'd need to book well in advance as she can be very busy.

She can be very busy, this time of year isn't too bad. We'd always book for summer pretty fast or any occasions we know we'd have coming up. Our one absolutely goes mental if we say we're going there, drags me out of the car when we get there.

Advertisement