Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Hi does anyone know of someone that could take away some rubbish and help clear out my garden shed plz

Tia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

From the Tipp CO. CO. Website.... This is important folks. Make time to see these plans today and tomorrow at the Main Guard...
    (Sorry about all the text)

"Tipperary County Council is currently working on urban design proposals to
    improve the public realm in the primary retail areas of Clonmel Town Centre.
    RPS Consulting Engineers Ltd. has been appointed by the Council to be the
    Project Managers and Designers for the Clonmel Town Urban Design Project. The
    project focuses on the enhancements to the public realm in the primary retail
    areas as well as improving the accessibility between parking areas and the
    centre of town. The project will also focus on traffic management improvements
    within the town centre. The aim of the project is to create a safe public space for
    all to enjoy while retaining the heritage of the town.
    Initial consultation with the business and wider community on the project and
    the work carried out to date will take place on Thursday 10th October, 2019
    from 5.30pm to 7.30pm and Friday 11th October, 2019 from 9.30pm to
    3.30pm in the Main Guard, Clonmel.
    You will have the opportunity during
    these times to come along and view the design options being considered, to
    interact with the Project Managers and Designers, and to give your views. Over
    the course of the two days, RPS will also deliver a formal presentation on the
    design options, etc. at 6.15-6.45pm on the 10th October and at 10.00-10.30am
    and 1.00-1.30pm on the 11th October.
    The Council and RPS look forward to meeting you and hearing your views on
    either the 10th or 11th October."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

Here are some of the slides used in the presentation by the consultants .... there are maps and graphs and artist impressions of what the Town Centre might look like... eg wider footpaths, one way traffic, fewer on street parking spaces etc.

It's at least worth a look.

https://www.tipperarycoco.ie/sites/default/files/Clonmel%20Urban%20Design%20Project%20Consultation%20_RPS%20Presentation_Options%20Selection.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Expunge wrote: »
    Here are some of the slides used in the presentation by the consultants .... there are maps and graphs and artist impressions of what the Town Centre might look like... eg wider footpaths, one way traffic, fewer on street parking spaces etc.

It's at least worth a look.

https://www.tipperarycoco.ie/sites/default/files/Clonmel%20Urban%20Design%20Project%20Consultation%20_RPS%20Presentation_Options%20Selection.pdf

If they were really brave they'd get rid of parking down O'Connell Street and Gladstone Street - just a few loading bays instead.

marvin80 wrote: »
    If they were really brave they'd get rid of parking down O'Connell Street and Gladstone Street - just a few loading bays instead.

Or parking on one side only with plenty disabled bays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Bloody hell its hard enough to get around the town now that the car park is barrier entry without making things worse with more one way streets and less on street parking !!! I feel very sorry for town centre traders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭klose

solerina wrote: »
    Bloody hell its hard enough to get around the town now that the car park is barrier entry without making things worse with more one way streets and less on street parking !!! I feel very sorry for town centre traders.

It still surprises me how few people use the suir island car park, cheaper than town and literally about a 90 second walk away. Don't think I've ever seen it even half full

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I think that it would make sense for town planners to insist that all businesses should, in the future , insist that all shops should have aisles wide enough to drive cars through. Sure you cant expect people to walk anywhere when they are shopping in town.
    90 second walk to Suir Island carpark, are you mad Klose ? Think of the wasted shopping time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Those plans are going to make O'Connell Street one way and with one lane. What about the people that double-park while they nip to the ATM or into a shop - has anyone thought of them?!!

If the foothpath is going to be wider,I hope they have overtaking lanes,and that the slow walkers dont be walking slow in the overtaking lane...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

On a recent visit to Tesco,Clonmel I noticed that what was originally a toilet for special needs or disability people was now being used as a store room.

If this is a contravention of the planning permission I feel that the matter should be investigated.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Xenophile wrote: »
    On a recent visit to Tesco,Clonmel I noticed that what was originally a toilet for special needs or disability people was now being used as a store room.

If this is a contravention of the planning permission I feel that the matter should be investigated.

they have toilets upstairs in the cafe which are accessible by lift so I'd say they satisfy their planning requirements

F34 wrote: »
    they have toilets upstairs in the cafe which are accessible by lift so I'd say they satisfy their planning requirements

The question here is, is Tesco permitted to ignore the original planning permission.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Hi , I play a game of All-weather football every Thursday in Clonmel Celtic at 6 o 'clock. Its for blokes , 9 a side and a fiver a game.
    We are struggling a little for numbers recently so if anyone here is interested in a game send me a private mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

are you going to ask for an investigation

The question here is, is Tesco permitted to ignore the original planning permission.
    are you going to ask the planning authority.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

There was a lad called Jack Magee used post here he was a great man for reporting things he'd sort out Tesco :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Id say try the planning thread. I asked a question here in regards to planning for a local structure last year and was basically called a pr1ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm not from Clonmel but I say with the last few years whenever I was in Clonmel that toilet was closed or out of service or you think there was a sign up saying you had to ask for the key!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

solerina wrote: »

This, the one way system is a nightmare - funnelling all the traffic through town. They could do with a roundabout or something at queen street/Mary street too. Impossible to get out of there. And they can put the light back the way they were before they unsyncrinised them - Cars backed up past Dunnes Oakville most days.

I don’t think putting wider footpaths is going to increase footfall and making it all one way is a bad idea. You can get in but you can’t get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

This may be controversial but There Is Absolutely No Shortage Of Parking in Clonmel town centre.

Sure if you insist on wanting to park on the street you are limiting your options, but there is now ample parking in old Superquinn, the new carpark at the Old Bridge etc.
    Even the gated carpark off Mary St. allows a lot of free time before you're charged.

This lack of parking idea is a myth put about by desperate traders (I can understand it but don't agree).
    The main reason is that the main commercial life is around the Poppyfield, the Showgrounds and Tesco's and the centre of the town has been hollowed out from a shopping point of view.
    The fact that there is a huge car park beside the Old Superquinn/Market St hasn't tempted a single trader in there in many years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

This, the one way system is a nightmare - funnelling all the traffic through town. They could do with a roundabout or something at queen street/Mary street too. Impossible to get out of there. And they can put the light back the way they were before they unsyncrinised them - Cars backed up past Dunnes Oakville most days.

I don’t think putting wider footpaths is going to increase footfall and making it all one way is a bad idea. You can get in but you can’t get out.

Part of the problem with the lights is they seem to be sensor based off peak, I think this is brilliant but only if the first car drives up to the white line...I have seen instances where the first car is sitting well back from the white line and a big line of cars waiting...same at the lights near the Presentation school. People need to drive to the line and the lights change, otherwise they will never change !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Just wondering if anyone can help me out ? The nights are setting in and I'd like to take up something a night or 2 a week. Is there any jive classes going on in Clonmel or the local area ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

They do some sort of dancing out the back (in the new room) in the Coachman Pub in Parnell Street on a Tuesday night, I think. There is a board inside the front door and that might say what the dancing is. They do set dancing there as well but I know they do some sort of modern/jive type dancing there. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Can anyone help me with a bit of quick information - what is the name of the metalworks with all the gates outside on Anglesea Street? I can't find any reference on line. I know they have a mobile number on the big door but I didn't take a note of it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

looksee wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with a bit of quick information - what is the name of the metalworks with all the gates outside on Anglesea Street? I can't find any reference on line. I know they have a mobile number on the big door but I didn't take a note of it. Thanks.

That’s Ted Channons forge. I don’t think they have a website so best to call in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That’s Ted Channons forge. I don’t think they have a website so best to call in.

Thank you for that - I need to text him a drawing and I didn't have a mobile number, I got it with the name, thanks.

looksee wrote: »
    Thank you for that - I need to text him a drawing and I didn't have a mobile number, I got it with the name, thanks.

Why don't you post it to him he will have it the following morning.

I see the Yankee Candle shop in Market place has closed..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Oh no! I bought all my candles there. Always good value :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Strange time of year for a shop like that to close!

Advertisement