Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

Strange time of year for a shop like that to close!

I suppose that with so little footfall there and supermarkets selling Yankee candles, it was only a matter of time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I would guess the lady is retiring?

The decline and fall of Market St. is sad to see. Fifteen years ago the place was buzzing.

A number of weapons have been seized following an affray in Clonmel.

Three men have also been arrested by Gardaí this morning in connection with the fracas, which happened at a housing estate in the town last Tuesday afternoon.

Machetes, baseball bats, knives and hurleys were used during the altercation.

From Tipp FM news....Bianconi drive the estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Law and order is gone out the window in this country.

Bianconi Drive is usually a fairly peaceful area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭raclle

Scumbags throwing rocks from the overhead Powerstown bypass even though lads are currently working on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

it sounded kind of like the men involved were in bianconi drive looking for someone maybe, I don't know the estate that well but I'm sure all the details will be reported in the paper when they appear in court for their suspended sentences.

If 3 were apprehended I wonder how many there were in total

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Anyone using clonmel waste for bins that can advise on their charges?

Looking for info on the standing charge and also what weights are included in this and finally what th per kilo charge if the bin is over the limit!!

Thanks for any info!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I pay a basic charge of about €26 a month for collection of both bins every fortnight. This covers a certain weight and if it's over the permitted weight the charge is something like €1 per 10kg the next month. My bin is always full and overflowing and the most I've ever paid was about €27.50. I don't have a brown bin either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

julyjane wrote: »
    it sounded kind of like the men involved were in bianconi drive looking for someone maybe, I don't know the estate that well but I'm sure all the details will be reported in the paper when they appear in court for their suspended sentences.

If 3 were apprehended I wonder how many there were in total
    All 3 are from the estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

coffeyt wrote: »
    Anyone using clonmel waste for bins that can advise on their charges?

Looking for info on the standing charge and also what weights are included in this and finally what th per kilo charge if the bin is over the limit!!

Thanks for any info!!

It depends on where you live I’d say. As far as I know, we still just pay a set amount for the year. I think some of their trucks don’t have the facility to weigh the bins, but maybe that’s changed more recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

what is happening on the bypass, a new lane? but it will still bottleneck at the roundabout. i don't think therre is room for a new lane. Big delay when we drove it last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

No new lane - the whole thing is just being resurfaced

what is happening on the bypass, a new lane? but it will still bottleneck at the roundabout. i don't think therre is room for a new lane. Big delay when we drove it last week

Its being resurfaced from the roundabout on the cahir side of Woodies to the Moangarrif roundabout.I think the work will go on until the end of March 2020

I thought maybe they might make another roundabout at the Heywood Road.
    It's still dangerous and some drivers coming down from Abbott still insist on turning right across the traffic even though right turns are forbidden at that junction entering from the north.

Vizzy wrote: »
    No new lane - the whole thing is just being resurfaced
    how will that speed up traffic?

cml387 wrote: »
    It's still dangerous and some drivers coming down from Abbott still insist on turning right across the traffic even though right turns are forbidden at that junction entering from the north.
    where is this?

how will that speed up traffic?

Wouldn't have thought that speeding up traffic was the object of the exercise.

Vizzy wrote: »
    Wouldn't have thought that speeding up traffic was the object of the exercise.
    i meant speed up the traffic jams delays as ambrose says at

http://tippfm.com/featured-2/n24-development-plans-discussed-clonmel/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭klose

cml387 wrote: »

That's a fairly staggered junction would a roundabout be feasible? You wouldn't have people chancing their arm turning right there if the the cashel road roundabout wasn't such a disaster from 4 till 6 which hopefully the road works will help resolve.

When those roadworks hit the road between the cashel and Fethard roundabouts all hell will break lose in terms of traffic at peak times.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    That's a fairly staggered junction would a roundabout be feasible? You wouldn't have people chancing their arm turning right there if the the cashel road roundabout wasn't such a disaster from 4 till 6 which hopefully the road works will help resolve.

When those roadworks hit the road between the cashel and Fethard roundabouts all hell will break lose in terms of traffic at peak times.

I think all hell has already broken loose.

I take your point about the junction. It was staggered when the bypass was built to avoid the danger of traffic going straight across.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

Clonmel Commercials Gaelic Football Club teams up with the owners of Three Ireland to apply for a 20 Metre mast on the grounds of their GAA field on the Western Road:

File Number: 19/601166

Three Ireland (Hutchison)
    Ltd
    P 21/10/2019 development consisting of the construction of a 20m
    high telecommunications support structure carrying
    antennas and transmission dishes, with associated
    ground level equipment units and security fencing
    Clonmel Commercials GAA Club
    Western Road
    Clonmel
    Co. Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

The bypass is some joke the last few days. Totally unnecessary disruption at what should be a busy time for traders in & around the town.

Iceman1984 wrote: »
    The bypass is some joke the last few days. Totally unnecessary disruption at what should be a busy time for traders in & around the town.

I avoid it like the plague lately and will do until its sorted which is at least another 4 months away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Just heard they are postponing roadworks on the bypass until Christmas is over - what took them so long to work that one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Who ever is in charge of the works would want to check out the work already completed before letting them recommence. The new surface doesn't seem to be anywhere near as good as the old one. It's "bumpy" and there is a section on it heading towards Cahir that seems unfinished and has loose stones on it.

Just heard they are postponing roadworks on the bypass until Christmas is over - what took them so long to work that one out.

Since the end of September apparently.

https://www.tipperarycoco.ie/news/cirr-newsletter-pavement-improvement-scheme-on-n24

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

F34 wrote: »
    Who ever is in charge of the works would want to check out the work already completed before letting them recommence. The new surface doesn't seem to be anywhere near as good as the old one. It's "bumpy" and there is a section on it heading towards Cahir that seems unfinished and has loose stones on it.

Just drove it & thought the same. Used to be smoother

Iceman1984 wrote: »
    Just drove it & thought the same. Used to be smoother

The first stretch of "new" road starting from the cahir road roundabout to just before the turn off to the heywood road is poor enough, theres already a sizable divot at one part of the road and is bumpy throughout. That being said the new parts down near powerstown and tesco are nice and smooth, all in all not good enough however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

klose wrote: »
    The first stretch of "new" road starting from the cahir road roundabout to just before the turn off to the heywood road is poor enough, theres already a sizable divot at one part of the road and is bumpy throughout. That being said the new parts down near powerstown and tesco are nice and smooth, all in all not good enough however.

Amazed me to see them working on the road in the dark with only the lights of their work vehicles.

Advertisement