Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Just seen a sign outside the old Subway for Coco Grill. Work still being carried out in there. Anyone know what it is? Can't find anything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

Recliner wrote: »
    Just seen a sign outside the old Subway for Coco Grill. Work still being carried out in there. Anyone know what it is? Can't find anything online.

Pizza & burger joint I believe. Same owner as Mani & esquires.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Amber service station on the Waterford road has got the go ahead from An Bord Pleanala to redevelop the site. The new filling station will be a great development for the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Darksoul

Maymack wrote: »
    Amber service station on the Waterford road has got the go ahead from An Bord Pleanala to redevelop the site. The new filling station will be a great development for the area.
    Any ideas what it will look like? Would it be something like the petrol station in Cahir by the BMW centre,if so it will have massive potential.

Planning reference number on Tipperary county council planning page is 19600023. That will show drawings of the new development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

From planning application -

"construct new filling station comprising a convenience shop and ancillary areas, deli seated café area, food stores, staff amenities, public amenities, managers office, service rooms, ATM, solid fuel store, bin store, outdoor seated areas, utility building, forecourt canopy and fuel dispensing pumps, underground fuel storage tanks and vents, surface water soakaway, parking areas and all associated site works"

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

It sounds like its taking in the car sales part as well - I'm glad they have permission to update the site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Darksoul wrote: »
    Any ideas what it will look like? Would it be something like the petrol station in Cahir by the BMW centre,if so it will have massive potential.

Succes of this venture wiil depend on the professionalism of the tenant or the owner. There is great scope here, as the two other petrol stations on the strip would appear to be landlocked. Very few decent facilities on the N24, its a great opportunity, hope it lives up to expectations.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Why would his father make a comment to the paper? Numpties

• Advertisement

Darksoul wrote: »

There’s an artist’s impression here. http://tippfm.com/news/business/way-cleared-major-redevelopment-clonmel-service-station/

Oh, Seamus. We don’t really need those colanders. I always cut the pictures off and stick the calendar on the fridge. http://tippfm.com/news/politics/healy-defends-use-oireachtas-facilities-print-calendars/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Oh, Seamus. We don’t really need those colanders. I always cut the pictures off and stick the calendar on the fridge.

Colanders :-) :-) :-)

Colanders :-) :-) :-)

Bloody predictive text!! CALENDARS .

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

Anybody know what's developing in in the field beside Mr. Price? It has been cleared of vegetation so that the soil is exposed and there's a big pile of tarmac at the far end.

Think the company that are resurfacing the bypass are using the site to store their materials and machinery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Hi gang. I’m looking for some one that cleans gutters. I googled of course but most are showing up in Cork/Waterford. Any one know and recommend anyone local to Clonmel? Thanks and Happy Christmas :)

Mick O'Brien - O'Bees Home Maintenance - Tel: 052 6182818

Mick's your man - excellent, clean worker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Mick O'Brien - O'Bees Home Maintenance - Tel: 052 6182818

Mick's your man - excellent, clean worker

Second this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Thanks lads. Will give him a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I notice that the "newly resurfaced" section of bypass between the Cahir and Cashel road roundabouts is already breaking up,apart from being also unacceptably bumpy. I'd considered it might be a temporary surface but I see road markings and cats eyes installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Happy new year to everyone

Can anyone tell me what's the story with the Bookmarket bookshop, is it closed? or does it just open part time?

dieselbug wrote: »

Can anyone tell me what's the story with the Bookmarket bookshop, is it closed? or does it just open part time?

It’s holiday time. Probably just closed for a few days.

Oh, and happy new year to you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭klose

cml387 wrote: »
    I notice that the "newly resurfaced" section of bypass between the Cahir and Cashel road roundabouts is already breaking up,apart from being also unacceptably bumpy. I'd considered it might be a temporary surface but I see road markings and cats eyes installed.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3397678786914380&id=221599401189017

It really is shocking, did they get the cheapest crowd in to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Clonmel, Cahir, Tipp, Carrick all have rail stations.

The Line, Lmk Junction - Waterford still only has two trains each way a day at ridiculous times.

When will Irish Rail provide the county with a half decent rail service that people will actually want to use, commute etc?

It seems like a serious missed opportunity. They don't even run on Sundays. Previous large sporting events haven't even had trains put on for them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Clonmel, Cahir, Tipp, Carrick all have rail stations.

The Line, Lmk Junction - Waterford still only has two trains each way a day at ridiculous times.

When will Irish Rail provide the county with a half decent rail service that people will actually want to use, commute etc?

It seems like a serious missed opportunity. They don't even run on Sundays. Previous large sporting events haven't even had trains put on for them..

I'd say they'd only love to close it. I thought it was doomed when they closed the Waterford to Rosslare section of the line. Not running on Sunday is a huge missed opportunity considering the busloads of students that go back to cork and Limerick. I have a daughter in college and she much prefers coming home on the train on Friday evenings but it's a nuiscance when there's no train back on a Sunday. If you want to go away for a weekend you can't get the train back on a Sunday, some joke when you might not want to drive after being out Saturday night.

dieselbug wrote: »

She closed early Tuesday as the town was quiet but its open 6 days a week - not on sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

It’s holiday time. Probably just closed for a few days.

Oh, and happy new year to you too!

I called up there on Monday 23rd at 9am and it was closed so I checked online and saw it opened at 10 so had a nice slow breakfast in the cafe across from there and waited until about 10:20 but still no joy.

I wanted two books that are stocked there and some vouchers as gifts but no luck
    Had to go to Easons.:(

Breakfast was top class though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Noticed a lot of pubs in Clonmel shut at around 7 last evening?
    Funeral? Wedding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

3 day funeral so there may be more disruption today.

Saw some of the "mourners" in action on Thursday. Lovely lads !!

Advertisement