Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Anyone hear anything about Bos Sci closing because of Covid 19. Apparently someone working there got a voicemail to say they were closed.
    I'm a bit sceptical myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Recliner wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about Bos Sci closing because of Covid 19. Apparently someone working there got a voicemail to say they were closed.

Pharma and medical device manufacturers are considered essential in most cases at least and most will continue open if possible I would say.
    I know someone whose partner works there....I'l ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Buddy working there got a text saying it will be shut until the 14th of April with full pay.

Yes, it's closed from tomorrow for two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Closed but not supply chain issues rather than for the good of employees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Abbott still open! They starting a weekend night shift to spread out number of workers in building at one time and yet keep production going!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Anyone know if there's any dog groomers in Clonmel who are still working? Really need my dogs nails done and my vet isn't doing them at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I noted today that there was an awful lot of cars and people about - please stay at home and stay safe.

I noted today that there was an awful lot of cars and people about - please stay at home and stay safe.

I noticed that myself today driving from Waterford but put it down to it being Friday and maybe those working possibly finishing early as I did. Not so much people numbers but increased traffic definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

I noticed the same. Loads of people around, especially around town center.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Anyone know if there's any dog groomers in Clonmel who are still working? Really need my dogs nails done and my vet isn't doing them at the minute.

As far as I know the place near Oakville is still open. I don't know the name but it's in the row of houses near the traffic lights as you come down prior park Hill. There's always a jeep with the name of the practice parked outside. But I obviously didn't read it ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'd say a lot of people are getting out shopping early on a Friday because they think everything could be gone if they wait til later.

Any truth to rumours that 2 x Tesco staff tested positive & worked away while awaiting test results?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nadroir

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭touts

dahat wrote: »
    Any truth to rumours that 2 x Tesco staff tested positive & worked away while awaiting test results?

Noticed the security guards on the door sharing the same headset and mic. One just took it off and handed it to the one replacing him who put it on without disinfecting it. If any one of them have it all the security guards have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah I heard it's true alright, apparently they did a deep clean in the store once it was confirmed

I heard similar about the clean but only the service station area was mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Did anyone watch the Irish Jihadi’s show on Virgin last night ? One of the woman being interviewed was talking about coming to Clonmel a good few times with one of the main extremists in the UK to give talks to the Islamic extremist community here.

I wasn’t aware we had Islamic extremists living in town and the thought of it kinda shocks me to be honest. Any of the Islamic people I know are all decent people. BTW. This post is not aimed at being anyway racist and I’m sure there are groups like this all over the country. I also don’t have a problem with the prayer centre they want to open in town either, location could be better traffic wise but let them pray if they want to do so.

I watched it, it was a repeat. That woman was talking about the bombing in London in 2017 so that was almost 4 years ago when they were down here - as far as I know we've never had a problem with Jihadis or extremests in Ireland, let alone Clonmel. There was one guy in 2018 in Droheda but he was Janpanese and I think mentally ill. I think if they were going to do something extreme, they'd be looking for a bigger target than Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I watched it, it was a repeat. That woman was talking about the bombing in London in 2017 so that was almost 4 years ago when they were down here - as far as I know we've never had a problem with Jihadis or extremests in Ireland, let alone Clonmel. There was one guy in 2018 in Droheda but he was Janpanese and I think mentally ill. I think if they were going to do something extreme, they'd be looking for a bigger target than Clonmel.

He wasn’t Japanese. He was an Egyptian who stabbed an innocent Japanese man on his way to work to death whilst screaming Allahu Akbar.

• Advertisement

Thank you for the correction, I couldn't remember and CBA googling it. I didn't realise there was an Islamic slant to the attack, I thought it was a mental health issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Didn't realize that it was a repeat. I thought that Clonmel wouldn't be a target either, but it seems like there were/is a few extremists around nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lightscribe

Does anyone know if any mobile phone repair shops are open anywhere in town?

Looks like I'll have to answer my own question. The shop at the top of the narrow street is closed as is fuzzd up. Would anyone know anywhere else that might be open?

Thanks

Looks like I'll have to answer my own question. The shop at the top of the narrow street is closed as is fuzzd up. Would anyone know anywhere else that might be open?

Thanks

Did you try the shop near Lyons takeaway on the Cashel Road? We got a laptop screen fixed there last week.

Did you try the shop near Lyons takeaway on the Cashel Road? We got a laptop screen fixed there last week.
    No actually, never thought of it. Any idea of the name over the door?
    Thanks for replying.

No actually, never thought of it. Any idea of the name over the door?
    Thanks for replying.

Tech Depot, good lads in there. We have used them a few times for iPhone screens.

Tech Depot, good lads in there. We have used them a few times for iPhone screens.
    That's exactly what I'm hoping to get done. I just emailed them so fingers crossed.

Thanks again for replying

No hassle at all. ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

That's exactly what I'm hoping to get done. I just emailed them so fingers crossed.

Thanks again for replying

They’re great in there, highly recommend. Hope you get sorted

Advertisement