Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lightscribe

Great service there to be fair. Dropped damaged phone there at 1.00 and collected it at 5.30 with new screen fitted, good as new.

Thanks again for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Great service there to be fair. Dropped damaged phone there at 1.00 and collected it at 5.30 with new screen fitted, good as new.

Thanks again for the help.

Can I ask how much?

To thine own self be true

€65 for replacement screen of iPhone 6s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Is that garda video doing the rounds (it's in afterhours) clonmel ? I dont think it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Is that garda video doing the rounds (it's in afterhours) clonmel ? I dont think it is

Apparently so...I saw someone on facebook with it up too, down around fozzy's I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Apparently so...I saw someone on facebook with it up too, down around fozzy's I believe.

Was looking at the footage cant see where abouts it was down around that area is why I asked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Could you post a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Darksoul

pooch90 wrote: »
    Could you post a link?

https://youtu.be/JZS8hUFnPn4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

That could be anywhere in the country - apart from the comment about Clonmel Pigs, why do we think it is here? I think the guards should be allowed to taser anyone resisting arrest - being spat at, verbal abuse, physical abuse - no one Who goes to work should have to deal with that - guards need more powers not less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 weedened

County Tipperary publican John Harney has called time on inconsistent restrictions as he plans to reopen his public house in Ballyclerihan, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary on June 29th ahead of the proposed date for reopening public houses set by the government.

Harney’s Final Furlong is situated in the village of Ballyclerihan, 9km from Clonmel where John and his wife Siobhan revamped and opened their pub in July 2018. The pub has been closed since March 15th with the proposed date for reopening on August 10th as part of Phase 5 of the Government’s roadmap to reopening the country.

Mr. Harney said “I sat at home last night and watched the news and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Liz Canavan made no reference to the thousands of people who marched for Black Lives Matter in Dublin on Bank Holiday Monday with little or no social distancing as she spoke to the nation like we were all born yesterday, praising our efforts. Meanwhile, Dr. Tony Holohan wh en questioned if participants should self-isolate following the demonstration, he confirmed the disease and transmission level is at a point where public health advice is sufficient and if people have been at events this weekend and experience symptoms just speak to your GP, so I have had enough. The people of this country have done an amazing job and flattened the curve and it’s time we all got back to work and embrace this new normal. My pub will open on the 29th of June and I hope other publicans will join me. Harney’s Final Furlong is more than capable of opening and serving our loyal customers in a safe manner with ample indoor space and outdoor seating facilities.”

The well-known bookmaker turned publican commented on his frustration stating “I have adhered to all the advice personally, 2km, 5km etc. I cancelled all live music and parties at the pub prior to the mandatory closing in the early stages of the pandemic, however, I feel that the proposed reopening guidelines are completely unjust, my pub is bigger than many of the restaurants nationwide that are set to open on June 29th. We are happy that we can implement social distancing and provide a safe service to our customers and I cannot fathom how the guidelines are industry-specific rather than venue appropriate. I have been in business all my life and it simply makes no sense at all and quite frankly I’ve had enough.” he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Seems as though he’s not the only one starting to get pissed off with all these restrictions.

Copied from Mattie McGraths FB page today, he has a few valid points :

Where is the logic? It is time to deal with the inconsistencies in the governments approach because there appears to be absolutely no logic to their decisions.

With the easing of restrictions, we can now bring our dog to the vet or have our eyes tested but we can’t have important cancer screening appointments or important early intervention appointments.

We can shop for our homewares in Dunnes, Tesco, Argos and many other large businesses but we can’t shop for the same goods in the independent retailer next door.

We can travel on public transport and in taxi’s which are classed as essential business, but we can’t carry out driving tests because of social distancing concerns, yet there is no difference between social distancing in a taxi or a car for a driving test. In fact it is probably safer to sit a driving test than to take a taxi or public transport because of contact tracing.

We can test our commercial vehicles in our CVRT test centres but can’t carry out our NCT tests despite the fact that there is little or no difference in these tests other than that one vehicle is classed as commercial and the other private.

We can travel hundreds of kilometres to work on busy construction sites with hundreds of other staff but we can’t travel to visit our own loved ones outside of 5km.

The small business working through a shop is entitled to a restart grant but the small business working from a van isn’t.

Two employees doing the same job, one under 66 the other over 66, one gets a Covid Pandemic Payment and the other doesn’t.

Two bus companies doing school runs to the same schools. One contracted by bus Eireann gets 50% supports, the other operating privately gets nothing. They have the same costs and they will both be required when our schools eventually re-open but it is likely that many will no longer exist.

5000 people can attend a protest march in Dublin but our funerals are restricted to having 10 people present leaving many relatives and friends unable to say goodbye to their loved ones.

Most bizarrely of all. We are paying €300m to private hospitals to provide extra bed capacity many of which are underutilised while public hospitals such as St. Brigid’s and many more throughout the country I’m sure lie empty.

I could go on and share so many other scenarios, but I’m sure you get the picture. There is no joined up thinking and there is very little logic behind many of these decisions so it’s no wonder people are growing more and more frustrated and complacent.

I have raised concerns and asked questions about these inconsistencies with the relevant Ministers and Departments and will continue to do so but I believe its time to get real. Where are we going and is it time to open up and stop the detrimental damage being caused to our economy and the mental health of our citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 weedened

Seems as though he’s not the only one starting to get pissed off with all these restrictions.

Copied from Mattie McGraths FB page today, he has a few valid points :

Where is the logic? It is time to deal with the inconsistencies in the governments approach because there appears to be absolutely no logic to their decisions.

With the easing of restrictions, we can now bring our dog to the vet or have our eyes tested but we can’t have important cancer screening appointments or important early intervention appointments.

We can shop for our homewares in Dunnes, Tesco, Argos and many other large businesses but we can’t shop for the same goods in the independent retailer next door.

We can travel on public transport and in taxi’s which are classed as essential business, but we can’t carry out driving tests because of social distancing concerns, yet there is no difference between social distancing in a taxi or a car for a driving test. In fact it is probably safer to sit a driving test than to take a taxi or public transport because of contact tracing.

We can test our commercial vehicles in our CVRT test centres but can’t carry out our NCT tests despite the fact that there is little or no difference in these tests other than that one vehicle is classed as commercial and the other private.

We can travel hundreds of kilometres to work on busy construction sites with hundreds of other staff but we can’t travel to visit our own loved ones outside of 5km.

The small business working through a shop is entitled to a restart grant but the small business working from a van isn’t.

Two employees doing the same job, one under 66 the other over 66, one gets a Covid Pandemic Payment and the other doesn’t.

Two bus companies doing school runs to the same schools. One contracted by bus Eireann gets 50% supports, the other operating privately gets nothing. They have the same costs and they will both be required when our schools eventually re-open but it is likely that many will no longer exist.

5000 people can attend a protest march in Dublin but our funerals are restricted to having 10 people present leaving many relatives and friends unable to say goodbye to their loved ones.

Most bizarrely of all. We are paying €300m to private hospitals to provide extra bed capacity many of which are underutilised while public hospitals such as St. Brigid’s and many more throughout the country I’m sure lie empty.

I could go on and share so many other scenarios, but I’m sure you get the picture. There is no joined up thinking and there is very little logic behind many of these decisions so it’s no wonder people are growing more and more frustrated and complacent.

I have raised concerns and asked questions about these inconsistencies with the relevant Ministers and Departments and will continue to do so but I believe its time to get real. Where are we going and is it time to open up and stop the detrimental damage being caused to our economy and the mental health of our citizens.

I heard that pub owner on liveline yesterday..He is on Tipp FM this morning..I am.surprised they didnt have it before RTE...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

weedened wrote: »
    I heard that pub owner on liveline yesterday..He is on Tipp FM this morning..I am.surprised they didnt have it before RTE...

With whats going on in the rest of the country, I would have to agree somewhat with him. I work in Kildare and travel there every week, in the past week Ive noticed a pub open on the main street of Maynooth doing takeaway pints.. they even have a table or two outside to sit down. How they are getting away with it, I dont know...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭decies

Anybody’s Vodafone internet down in clerihan or around Clonmel ? Cheers

decies wrote: »
    Anybody’s Vodafone internet down in clerihan or around Clonmel ? Cheers

Ours has been dropping very often over the past week. Only for a few minutes at a time but enough to be head wrecking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Warnings!
    We’d a stone fired at our car as we drive past the tinker site on the bypass near the Poppyfield last Thursday evening.
    Happen anyone else?

Ours has been dropping very often over the past week. Only for a few minutes at a time but enough to be head wrecking.
    Tuesday late afternoon dropping down and up here .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭touts

digzy wrote: »
    Warnings!
    We’d a stone fired at our car as we drive past the tinker site on the bypass near the Poppyfield last Thursday evening.
    Happen anyone else?

Happened to me passing the halting site between applegreen and the old bridge Centra. It's a cultural thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭touts

Three has been the same recently. Drops in the middle of the day. They haven't coped well with people working from home.

• Advertisement

Any news of Easons Clonmel no sign of life in shop in town centre or any sign that is going to open again ?

Coopers Bar & Restaurant have posted on their FB page,that they wont be opening again,but the off licence will remain...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Any news of Easons Clonmel no sign of life in shop in town centre or any sign that is going to open again ?

Or river island...no sign of life in there either ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

They're not all opening at the same time. Penney's are definitely opeing again, but not for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

solerina wrote: »
    Or river island...no sign of life in there either ?

Strong rumours that River Island won't be re opening at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,480 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does River Island do much in Clonmel?
    I do see people around with bags a bit.

I'm a guy and I prefer the Cork stores and the one in The Crescent in Limerick.

cml387 wrote: »
    They're not all opening at the same time. Penney's are definitely opeing again, but not for a few days.
    True but you’d think easons would be open straight away , book centre in Waterford open Monday . Have bad feeling but hope am wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

True but you’d think easons would be open straight away , book centre in Waterford open Monday . Have bad feeling but hope am wrong .

Eason websites saying end of June for stores to open.The one in Clonmel is a franchise it's still owned by Bincheys

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

F34 wrote: »
    Eason websites saying end of June for stores to open.The one in Clonmel is a franchise it's still owned by Bincheys

I was in Thurles a few weeks ago and they were open in there. This was end of May.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Reopening on Monday from a reliable source.
    Shame to see Coopers by the railway is to stay closed but retaining the off licence.

Advertisement