Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Reopening on Monday from a reliable source.
    Shame to see Coopers by the railway is to stay closed but retaining the off licence.

Sign of the times unfortunately
    Domestic alcohol consumption must be through the roof The last 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

dahat wrote: »
    Strong rumours that River Island won't be re opening at all.

Update....I passed by just now and the windows have been cleaned, lights are on and it looks like rails are stocked up !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

solerina wrote: »
    Update....I passed by just now and the windows have been cleaned, lights are on and it looks like rails are stocked up !!

20 mins ago the vultures were circling. Negativity on this thread is incredible and yes Easons is reopening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Anyone know where i could get a small brass plate and have it engraved in Clonmel please?
    Its to go on a garden bench so would be around 6" x 2" in size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Is The Zipyard closing? Drove past last night and it looked gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Does anyone know if any of the shops that sell school books are open yet? I heard Easons are still closed, what about Marian’s or the bookmarket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

jlm29 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if any of the shops that sell school books are open yet? I heard Easons are still closed, what about Marian’s or the bookmarket?
    Bookmarket is open

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭decies

Bookmarket is open
    Didn’t the reliable source insist easons opening Monday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

decies wrote: »
    Didn’t the reliable source insist easons opening Monday ?
    . I don't know about eason. I only know bookmarket is open becasue i know someone who was in there

I actually saw on fb that Marian’s is also open.

• Advertisement

I actually saw on fb that Marian’s is also open.

And I think I also saw that easons is not, which means the reliable source was not that reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭decies

And I think I also saw that easons is not, which means the reliable source was not that reliable
    According to Easons HQ Gladstone street opens this weekend , show grounds the weekend of 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

pooch90 wrote: »
    Is The Zipyard closing? Drove past last night and it looked gutted.

Just passed by and all the windows are whites out, I hope not, we need as many shops as possible to open back up, but it didn’t look good, unless it has moved premises

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭touts

TK Maxx open today. It's mayem in the shopping center. Saw one family walking out with about 10 bags stuffed with clothes. The queue is over an hour and a half long. What on earth could people need so desperately.

touts wrote: »
    TK Maxx open today. It's mayem in the shopping center. Saw one family walking out with about 10 bags stuffed with clothes. The queue is over an hour and a half long. What on earth could people need so desperately.

I was surprised they weren’t open sooner. It’s great to see things getting going again, from an economics point of view, but I find it a bit unsettling. I can’t see the need for families to shops together just yet. And I feckin wish they’d remove that peppa pig hurdy gurdy yoke from the shopping centre just in case I’m ever forced to walk through the place with my 2 yr old

I was surprised they weren’t open sooner. It’s great to see things getting going again, from an economics point of view, but I find it a bit unsettling. I can’t see the need for families to shops together just yet. And I feckin wish they’d remove that peppa pig hurdy gurdy yoke from the shopping centre just in case I’m ever forced to walk through the place with my 2 yr old

Hopefully 2 meters become 1 soon and that will lessen those pointless queues. Queue outside and then a free for all inside. Utterly pointless.

Listening to a manager from the Park hotel on the radio this morning,saying its one metre when they open...You dont have to book..Turn up and you will be looked after she said....As for the pubs..Anyone I have spoken with said they wouldnt go to pay a fiver for a pint,and sit in the one place for whatever time limit is on it,and nearly have to ask to go to the toilet...Its a strange time...

Listening to a manager from the Park hotel on the radio this morning,saying its one metre when they open...You dont have to book..Turn up and you will be looked after she said....As for the pubs..Anyone I have spoken with said they wouldnt go to pay a fiver for a pint,and sit in the one place for whatever time limit is on it,and nearly have to ask to go to the toilet...Its a strange time...
    Good on her. Best of luck to all the pubs and restaurants opening up amid this utter madness now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Looks like McDonalds is open again in town. Filthy animals :(

On a side note, Fieldmaster are clearing out the store in Parnell St. another shop gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭klose

I've no interest in going to a pub with the way they're talking about them when they re open, and most pubs in clonmel will struggle given most are fairly small bar mulcahys?

• Advertisement

On a side note, Fieldmaster are clearing out the store in Parnell St. another shop gone.

I saw a notice on FB that it’s take away only

They are moving to Gurtnafleur...I think they have a show room there for a good many years.

I saw a notice on FB that it’s take away only

Seen that myself. Pity about their rubbish strewn across the main guard this evening.

They are moving to Gurtnafleur...I think they have a show room there for a good many years.

Yes that’s where they’re off too alright. Pity though, I used to enjoy going into the shop in town for bits n bobs.

Yes that’s where they’re off too alright. Pity though, I used to enjoy going into the shop in town for bits n bobs.

I found it handy too. And my kids LOVE the place. Pity it’s closing. Seems like it’s been there forever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Seen that myself. Pity about their rubbish strewn across the main guard this evening.

In fairness, it isn't McDonalds fault that we have filthy animals living in town.
    Guaranteed that they wouldn't dump their rubbish on their own doorstep.

Vizzy wrote: »
    In fairness, it isn't McDonalds fault that we have filthy animals living in town.
    Guaranteed that they wouldn't dump their rubbish on their own doorstep.

I wouldn’t be too sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Tesco are pulling out of their petrol station. Someone else is taking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,479 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

cml387 wrote: »
    Tesco are pulling out of their petrol station. Someone else is taking over.

I think a company called Certa is taking over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Maher Family to open Coffee Shop at the Post Office in Kilsheelan, shortly.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Advertisement