Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

You'll always get negative posts best ignored. Those people have all the answers in their tax payers supported bubble. No problem taking free houses in the town they're knocking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

KK333 and kellykelly, its seems like you're posting from two different accounts with you're Clonmel bashing. :confused::confused::confused:

You really shouldn't be surprised that more than 1 person thinks Clonmel is a s--thole.

I don't think I've ever gotten a reply like "What a lovely place" when I tell people I'm from Clonmel. I'm almost embarrassed to tell people where I'm from now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

You'll always get negative posts best ignored. Those people have all the answers in their tax payers supported bubble. No problem taking free houses in the town they're knocking though.

So if you criticise Clonmel, you must be on social welfare and be getting a free house? And who says people in these situations shouldn't be free to criticise what they want?

It's attitudes like yours that make Clonmel such a horrible place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Lets leave out the personal attacks folks. Attack the post not the poster

Irishman80 wrote: »
    You really shouldn't be surprised that more than 1 person thinks Clonmel is a s--thole.

I don't think I've ever gotten a reply like "What a lovely place" when I tell people I'm from Clonmel. I'm almost embarrassed to tell people where I'm from now.

Where do you live now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Irishman80 wrote: »
    So if you criticise Clonmel, you must be on social welfare and be getting a free house? And who says people in these situations shouldn't be free to criticise what they want?

It's attitudes like yours that make Clonmel such a horrible place.
    i don't have a free house and do not have any house in Clonmel and wouldn't want one.
    I have two houses both earned, neither in Tipp. It just shows the small town mind when the only insult is free houses
    The person who said I have accounts has been reported

• Registered Users Posts: 30,554 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is there any new shops or businesses opening around Clonmel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

i don't have a free house and do not have any house in Clonmel and wouldn't want one.
    I have two houses both earned, neither in Tipp. It just shows the small town mind when the only insult is free houses

Where are you living yourself?

Why are you following the Clonmel thread if you dont like the town?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 jennysmi

Where are you living yourself?

In two houses don't you know, yeah as if, anyone that has two houses don't be crowing about it on the internet

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 jennysmi

Why are you following the Clonmel thread if you dont like the town?

Good question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I don't live in Clonmel town though it's local to me and I don't want to get involved in a childish slagging match but to me there's something nasty about this post.

There are many people who are dependent on state support through no fault of their own and none of us know the day or the hour when we might find ourselves in a similar position now more than ever.

dieselbug wrote: »
    I don't live in Clonmel town though it's local to me and I don't want to get involved in a childish slagging match but to me there's something nasty about this post.

There are many people who are dependent on state support through no fault of their own and none of us know the day or the hour when we might find ourselves in a similar position now more than ever.
    You see that a lot in other areas of boards. This thing about the free house etc and calling people on welfare scum. I would not like to have all the hatred for mankind these people have, to all the time have a need to look down on the less fortunate.They are consumed with hatred and negativity

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Mod Note: Hi all, I have removed some posts that appear to be talking about an individual resident and which could result in someone's personal information being shared.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

More rubbish deleted today. This thread is in danger of being closed permanently. Try to behave like grown ups and discuss not just fling insults.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭cml387

Out on the Blueway at the weekend. Despite the changeable weather it really is a resource being used.

I heard Yellow Vests will protest in Clonmel on saturday,is it true? There is also a gay pride march

I heard Yellow Vests will protest in Clonmel on saturday,is it true? There is also a gay pride march

Where did you hear about Yellow Vests?

Where did you hear about Yellow Vests?
    I got a call from someone there. I don't know if it true,seems to be a rumour going around

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I got a call from someone there. I don't know if it true,seems to be a rumour going around

You got a call from someone from Yellow vest?

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    You got a call from someone from Yellow vest?
    no someone in Clonmel, I do not know anyone in yellow vest! Jesus!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

no someone in Clonmel, I do not know anyone in yellow vest! Jesus!

Ah gotcha, I imagine it's just a rumour, yellow vest tend to shout from the rooftops to gain support for a protest and there's nothing online for it.

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah gotcha, I imagine it's just a rumour, yellow vest tend to shout from the rooftops to gain support for a protest and there's nothing online for it.
    Don't know maybe just a rumour

• Registered Users Posts: 30,554 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I could see nothing on Twitter.
    The cinema seems to be opening Tomorrow!

I could see nothing on Twitter.
    The cinema seems to be opening Tomorrow!

If the last few times I visited the cinema, social distancing won’t be a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

From the Facebook. Disgusted at the prospect of something like this happening in town when the infection rate locally is rising so rapidly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

pooch90 wrote: »
    From the Facebook. Disgusted at the prospect of something like this happening in town when the infection rate locally is rising so rapidly

March against Tyranny? They haven't a clue

Go ask Belarussians about tyranny.

Being asked to wear a mask is not tyranny.

Very irresponsible. Shame on them

I wonder how many of their “members” are the same person?

They’re soooo downtrodden. “Mass non compliance is the only way to push back back this tyrannical government, their Marxist regime, and their commie minions” from their newly set up Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I'm probably just a sceptic but in my mind objecting to wearing a mask etc is just a hijacking for a hidden agenda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

pooch90 wrote: »

Sickening. And in two weeks if there’s a surge in cases, it will be blamed on kids going back to school, just like happened in Berlin. Selfish a**holes.

Advertisement