Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

tiegan wrote: »
    Fethard having an open air xmas market Friday 11th December - stalls booked through Fethard Horse Country Experience.

https://www.facebook.com/FHCExperience/photos/a.250365488764314/1085213821946139

I went to this today. Loads of stalls both sides of the street and square. Great variety of goods. Great buzz around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,726 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Passed by Martins fruit & veg today, the refurb done looks good & well needed upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Very saddened to hear today of the passing of Mick "Fly" Flynn following an accident at his home.
    I'm sure many people will have seen him perform in the Algarve over the years. A talented guitarist and singer. Always enjoyed meeting him
    Sympathies to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Anyone having problems with water pressure. We're down to a bare dribble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

Looks like 118 houses and apartments going in around Dudley Mills out on the Coleville Road. Seems to have gone straight to An Bord Pleanala rather than through the normal Planning process so can't find the usual drawings etc but it sounds like an interesting development on that side of town.

http://tippfm.com/news/housing/118-residential-units-proposed-clonmel/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

touts wrote: »
    Looks like 118 houses and apartments going in around Dudley Mills out on the Coleville Road. Seems to have gone straight to An Bord Pleanala rather than through the normal Planning process so can't find the usual drawings etc but it sounds like an interesting development on that side of town.

http://tippfm.com/news/housing/118-residential-units-proposed-clonmel/

Sounds like quite a large development - I doubt local residents will be too impressed. Also, quite close to the river there so that might be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

marvin80 wrote: »
    Sounds like quite a large development - I doubt local residents will be too impressed. Also, quite close to the river there so that might be an issue?

That's probably why they have gone straight to An Bord Pleana thereby bypassing the normal planning process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Strategic housing development applications, typically 100+ units, can be sent straight to bord pleanala in particular where its expected a decision locally will be appealed to the bord anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tipperary220

dahat wrote: »
    Passed by Martins fruit & veg today, the refurb done looks good & well needed upgrade.
    Saw that, looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Saw that, looks great

yes but unfortunately when I was in there before Christmas they were slightly lacking in actual vegetables. I believe I overheard one of the staff saying they were having difficulty getting stuff. I was happy enough anyway because I got a bag of their Golden Wonders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

cml387 wrote: »
    yes but unfortunately when I was in there before Christmas they were slightly lacking in actual vegetables. I believe I overheard one of the staff saying they were having difficulty getting stuff. I was happy enough anyway because I got a bag of their Golden Wonders.

I thought it was just when I was in there, looked lovely but very sparse on the actual produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

I have to praise Martins. During the first lockdown we ordered from them weekly. Always met with a smile and friendly when I collected. Boxes carried out for me if I had kids with me. Produce was always perfect. Once our email went into their spam and as an apology for delay they delivered it to the house and gave us loads of strawberries and juice for free.
    We ordered our stuff for Xmas with them and it was so much better than trying to fight your way through a supermarket.
    I hope they do very well with the renovations done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Anyone no of anywhere in town where Id be able to get sheets of acrylic?

Anyone no of anywhere in town where Id be able to get sheets of acrylic?

Try Clonmel glass and mirrors Mary street carpark..Number on their site is 086 2554701

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Anyone ever dealt with Paytrade car sales in Clonmel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭klose

Depressing seeing a no mask/anti lockdown protest at the main guard today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

again? I heard there was one planned for last Saturday but didn't hear how it went. Were there many there? I wonder are people coming in from other towns to make it look big

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I passed it on my way home from work last Saturday, there were about 7 or 8 people there I’d say, at around 4 pm in good weather. A few miserable placards. Mad that they felt the need to have another this week.
    Since i was just after leaving a shift in the hospital, where staff are under a good bit of pressure at the moment, they’re lucky I didn’t run them down with my car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

jlm29 wrote: »
    I passed it on my way home from work last Saturday, there were about 7 or 8 people there I’d say, at around 4 pm in good weather. A few miserable placards. Mad that they felt the need to have another this week.
    Since i was just after leaving a shift in the hospital, where staff are under a good bit of pressure at the moment, they’re lucky I didn’t run them down with my car

I wouldn't waste too much energy thinking about them to be honest. I think the vast majority of people see them as being more to be pitied than laughed at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Heard there was arrests? I'd love to know who these clowns are..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Ah!
    This explains the poster I saw at the Main Guard last Saturday 16 Jan 21.

This is Tipps answer to Q Anon etc.

540837.jpg

What a load of numptys.....

:rolleyes:

Their spell check is broken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Calling people spastics is really going to persuade, isn't it? Muppets!

pooch90 wrote: »
    Calling people spastics is really going to persuade, isn't it? Muppets!

Anyone know if these anti mask people are a group from Clonmel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I would guess that the same group are behind the postering around the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Magnum wrote: »
    Anyone ever dealt with Paytrade car sales in Clonmel ?

Just asking the same question really.
    My sister in law is interested, and has some nice feedback on their FB page, but wondering if anyone has first hand experience.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Anyone know if these anti mask people are a group from Clonmel?

Sadly yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Romero

Just trying to find out for a relative if you need to be tested for Covid in Clonmel is there a test centre open or does your own doctor do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,726 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Doc will make the appt for the test centre after a phone consultation.

Advertisement